Author Topic: Royal Happenings  (Read 327305 times)

Offline mirraflake

Re: Royal Happenings
« Reply #325 on: May 21, 2018, 05:05:08 pm »
Piers Morgan has a great column today regarding  Meghan saying she is a feminist.   A so called feminist who quit her career to be married and become a stay at home mom.

The funniest meme I have seen was on twitter.   "Strong feminist woman marries unemployed chap who lives with his grandmother"

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #326 on: May 21, 2018, 05:08:48 pm »
Can you imagine the horror from "The Firm" and the snotty British if their baby via a recessive gene on Meghans  side of the family the baby was sub saharan coal black? 

I've been secretly wondering the same thing @mirraflake   ....

« Reply #327 on: May 21, 2018, 05:09:58 pm »
Piers Morgan has a great column today regarding  Meghan saying she is a feminist.   A so called feminist who quit her career to be married and become a stay at home mom.

The funniest meme I have seen was on twitter.   "Strong feminist woman marries unemployed chap who lives with his grandmother"

Love it!  88devil

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #328 on: May 21, 2018, 05:12:38 pm »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #329 on: May 21, 2018, 05:14:43 pm »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #330 on: May 21, 2018, 05:14:44 pm »

Then why does whats-his-name (Charles, right?) look so peckish?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #331 on: May 21, 2018, 05:31:04 pm »
Can you imagine the horror from "The Firm" and the snotty British if their baby via a recessive gene on Meghans  side of the family the baby was sub saharan coal black?

It's a good it wasn't put to the test, if this had been William instead of Harry....not sure QE would have given approval....interesting.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #332 on: May 21, 2018, 05:42:55 pm »
Who in the heck approved these boys as the pages?    Haircuts and faces right out of a horror movie.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #333 on: May 21, 2018, 05:47:20 pm »
Who in the heck approved these boys as the pages?    Haircuts and faces right out of a horror movie.

They are her best friend's twins
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #334 on: May 21, 2018, 05:51:34 pm »

Royal version I guess.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

« Reply #335 on: May 21, 2018, 09:05:26 pm »

Well...it's an interesting photo.  I'm so fond of William and Kate, but, I haven't warmed up to this marriage. It seems a lot of hype and media coverage surrounded the wedding.  Yes he's a 'royal' by blood but he's 6th in line to the throne ... never going to see the throne unless there is some kind of tragedy that hits his brother William's entire family.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Oceander

« Reply #336 on: May 21, 2018, 09:21:23 pm »
Wow, so much cattiness over alleged divorce settlements for British royalty.

« Reply #337 on: May 22, 2018, 12:18:21 pm »
I am happy to report that BBC America has returned to regular broadcasting.  They had been replaying the Harry/Meghan wedding on a loop 24 hours each day beginning with live coverage on Saturday through 1:00 am ET Tuesday.   ^-^

Silver Pines

« Reply #338 on: May 22, 2018, 11:49:10 pm »
Love that image. Great use of light.

@AbaraXas

Almost has a medieval feel to it.

Silver Pines

« Reply #339 on: May 22, 2018, 11:51:47 pm »

Doria Ragland Rocked A Nose Ring In The Chicest Way Possible at the Royal Wedding
https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/a20106901/meghan-markle-mother-doria-ragland-royal-wedding-dress/

@mystery-ak  @CatherineofAragon     ^-^

@Right_in_Virginia

Can they make up their minds?  It looks like a stud to me, but sorry, I don't think there's a chic way to wear one.

That said, I felt sorry for her, sitting all alone in the church.  Charles was kind to look after her once the ceremony was over, though.

Silver Pines

« Reply #340 on: May 22, 2018, 11:54:28 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

I will have a commemorative plate soon.  Son will send me one.  Have those plates for the royal family going back through the generations.  Also have teacups/tea pots from their times.  I was into glass/porcelain all my life - my house looks like a museum from around the world as I went from country to country, collecting glassware and cups/teapots and commemorative plates. Been to Monte Carlo twice and brought back commemorative plate of wedding of  Prince Rainier and Princess Grace.

We collect things all our lives because we like them, like to see them, appreciate them as art.  Early glassware made in this country is beautiful.  When the east coast was settled, people needed glassware so Westmorland was one of the first to come to the east coast and make glassware. They brought with them a cast of Queen Victoria's hands and reproduced them in a cupped position in milk glass. I have one of those - her hands were tiny.

@Victoria33, I'd love to see that.  She had a very small stature, didn't she?

If I were in London recently I would have probably bought all kinds of commemorative stuff, lol.

Silver Pines

« Reply #341 on: May 22, 2018, 11:59:10 pm »
For those who disliked the gown I say boo!

Remember Diana's? The only ugly dress she ever wore in her life was her weeding dress

@Victoria33
@CatherineofAragon
@mystery-ak

BBC has an American catalog with lots of royal merchandise for sale. Top quality stuff. Wedge wood.
Royal DOulton. Etc. Then tea towels, tea cozies, food like cookies in commerative tins.

It's got really nice things.

@Freya

Hmmm   :pondering:

Diana's dress was really bad.  The train was nice, though.

A friend of mine with English ancestry visits there now and then, and every time she comes away with more Wedgwood. 

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #342 on: May 22, 2018, 11:59:24 pm »
I just saw a snippit on a photography forum.

The official photographer charged about $38,000.

To put that in comparison, the average US wedding photography runs around $2,500.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #343 on: May 23, 2018, 12:01:37 am »
I just saw a snippit on a photography forum.

The official photographer charged about $38,000.

To put that in comparison, the average US wedding photography runs around $2,500.

Yeah, but you have to convert Pounds to Dollars. When you do that it is the same.

Silver Pines

« Reply #344 on: May 23, 2018, 12:02:18 am »
Beginning married life! Harry and Meghan leave Windsor after she gave wedding speech last night in break with tradition and reveals she is 'proud to be a feminist' as she sets out royal aspirations
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5749973/Inside-Harry-Meghans-lavish-evening-wedding-reception-hosted-Prince-Charles.html

@mystery-ak

She better not get too far out of line or I expect Elizabeth will slap that crap down. 

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #345 on: May 23, 2018, 12:03:04 am »
Yeah, but you have to convert Pounds to Dollars. When you do that it is the same.

Considering the logistics, I'm actually a bit surprised it was that cheap. For something that size, he would have an entire team working at a crazy pace.

Silver Pines

« Reply #346 on: May 23, 2018, 12:04:05 am »
I think this "messy bun" is her signature look @mystery-ak   She wore it for the evening reception, too.  Although why this would take 45 minutes and a sylist to do is anyone's guess.  Give me a hair clip from CVS, 15 seconds ... and Viola!   :laugh:

@Right_in_Virginia

I can't even get my hair to stay up; it's too heavy.  I once had a clip spring loose from the stress and almost hit someone in the face, lol. 

That's Diana's aquamarine ring.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #347 on: May 23, 2018, 12:09:51 am »
Considering the logistics, I'm actually a bit surprised it was that cheap. For something that size, he would have an entire team working at a crazy pace.

Don't let the size of the event fool you. The dude only took 10 pictures max......at least that all I have been seeing since the weekend.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #348 on: May 23, 2018, 12:10:55 am »

I can't even get my hair to stay up; it's too heavy. 

Ever try shampooing it?

Silver Pines

« Reply #349 on: May 23, 2018, 12:19:39 am »
Three official photos released today ....

@Right_in_Virginia

Love this one.