Author Topic: Royal Happenings  (Read 327221 times)

Offline goodwithagun

Re: Royal Happenings
« Reply #300 on: May 21, 2018, 01:08:39 am »
There were many sources for this months ago ....way before they were even engaged @mystery-ak   I don't know if those reports were wrong or scrubbed, but I can't find one source now either.

Either way, I never believed he was the love of her life.  For Harry this may be true, but not for her.  She convinced Harry a prenup wasn't necessary and he convinced the Queen, so I'm pretty sure she's thinking she's locked herself in for life.  (Can you believe it .... she's in without a prenup.  Think about that.)

I think she's played him--and the media--beautifully.   If Harry was one heartbeat closer to the throne, methinks the Queen would have stopped this.  Kate's third pregnancy may have made it possible for Meghan to become a Duchess.   ^-^

Reports are Harry really wants kids.  She's almost 37 so she's not got a lot of time to play the international feminist royal if she wants to start a family. I'll soften my opinion of her motivations if she gets pregnant during their first year of marriage.   

Should we start a pool?

Prenups are different in the UK. Harry would not really need one if he wasn’t royal but still wealthy. Because he is royal she can’t lay claim to anything. For example, her engagement ring was bought with royal money and used Diana’s diamonds (on the sides). Markle could never keep it because it’s basically on loan to her. Her home, clothes, jewels, cars, staff, etc. are on loan from QE.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #301 on: May 21, 2018, 02:06:17 am »
Good idea.  My women's intuition tells me she's already preggers.

That could explain why her wedding gown fit her so loosely and looked like it was too big.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Oceander

« Reply #302 on: May 21, 2018, 11:50:48 am »
The Queen had to approve of the marriage as a whole. Why she did, I have no clue.

Harry didn't need to marry this modern-day Wallis Simpson. The Queen didn't need to allow it. (This is not Prince Charles marrying a divorcee after his ex-wife died. That was forgivable. Marrying a Hollywood divorcee as a first choice? I would have thought that to be a disgrace to the Crown.)

If the wedding had to go through, I would have hoped that the Queen would bestow the millstone title of "Duke and Duchess of Windsor" upon the couple. Alas, she couldn't even do that. It appears now that the sanctity of monogamous marriage has now been abandoned even at the height of royalty.

But hey, it's the 21st century. Who cares about such quaint notions?

Quaint notions indeed.  Stupid idiocies best left in the dustbin of history, is more like it. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #303 on: May 21, 2018, 12:17:49 pm »
Meghan Markle's wedding dress gets criticized by Katy Perry    :silly:

.....“I would have done one more fitting,” Perry quipped of Markle’s stunning Givenchy gown. “I’m never not going to tell the truth! One more fitting, but I love you.”..........

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/05/21/meghan-markles-wedding-dress-gets-criticized-by-katy-perry.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #304 on: May 21, 2018, 01:22:06 pm »
I really miss @EC

I'd love to know what he thinks.

Come back EC! We miss you! I got a pint here for you!  :beer:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #305 on: May 21, 2018, 02:07:45 pm »
Prenups are different in the UK. Harry would not really need one if he wasn’t royal but still wealthy. Because he is royal she can’t lay claim to anything. For example, her engagement ring was bought with royal money and used Diana’s diamonds (on the sides). Markle could never keep it because it’s basically on loan to her. Her home, clothes, jewels, cars, staff, etc. are on loan from QE.

Thanks @goodwithagun   I knew she couldn't lay claim to property and homes, but what about money?  Harry's worth about $40 million.

« Reply #306 on: May 21, 2018, 02:08:15 pm »
Meghan Markle's wedding dress gets criticized by Katy Perry    :silly:

.....“I would have done one more fitting,” Perry quipped of Markle’s stunning Givenchy gown. “I’m never not going to tell the truth! One more fitting, but I love you.”..........

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/05/21/meghan-markles-wedding-dress-gets-criticized-by-katy-perry.html

You were so right @libertybele   Good eye!!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #307 on: May 21, 2018, 02:13:37 pm »

Watching the wedding wearing her wedding dress.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

« Reply #308 on: May 21, 2018, 02:37:05 pm »
Three official photos released today ....

« Reply #309 on: May 21, 2018, 02:38:36 pm »

« Reply #310 on: May 21, 2018, 02:40:26 pm »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #311 on: May 21, 2018, 02:53:23 pm »
Here is the photographer's site:

http://www.alexilubomirski.com/

https://www.facebook.com/alexilubomirskistudio/

https://www.instagram.com/alexilubomirski/

I would love to know his staff and process for handling a big event like this and getting these images out quickly.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 02:54:02 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #312 on: May 21, 2018, 02:57:59 pm »

Watching the wedding wearing her wedding dress.

LOL, I should have taken a photo of my wife. She got up at 3AM, put on a nice dress, hat, and heels, ate cake and drank Champaign.

« Reply #313 on: May 21, 2018, 03:09:09 pm »
Joe‏ @justsaynotojoe 

Me when one of my zany schemes finally pays off:

More:
https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/a20765191/best-memes-royal-wedding-prince-george/

« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 03:10:36 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #314 on: May 21, 2018, 03:17:46 pm »

Daisy Wen @DaisyWhen

..AND THE OCEAN WILL BE MINEE 🐚 pic.twitter.com/Fdyj4KVyN5
12:08 PM - May 19, 2018

best one...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #315 on: May 21, 2018, 03:28:11 pm »
Thanks @goodwithagun   I knew she couldn't lay claim to property and homes, but what about money?  Harry's worth about $40 million.

From what I've read about British divorce it's basically you get to take back what you brought with you, if that makes any sense. If there would be a divorce, it's up to the queen to decide what Markle gets in terms of homes, staff, etc., since it belongs to the queen to begin with. For example, QE gave living quarters and a few other perks to Diana after the divorce from Charles. She didn't have to give anything to Diana, but the publicity would have been horrendous, to say the least.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #316 on: May 21, 2018, 04:11:45 pm »
Can you imagine the horror from "The Firm" and the snotty British if their baby via a recessive gene on Meghans  side of the family the baby was sub saharan coal black?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #317 on: May 21, 2018, 04:18:41 pm »
Can you imagine the horror from "The Firm" and the snotty British if their baby via a recessive gene on Meghans  side of the family the baby was sub saharan coal black?

First of all, that is extremely unlikely, since Meghan is mostly anglo.  And, I think the English would be ecstatic - it would show how trendy and open minded they are.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #318 on: May 21, 2018, 04:45:11 pm »
*The Firm*...is this her cute name for all the Royals or do they refer to themselves as The Firm..never heard this before.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #319 on: May 21, 2018, 04:57:05 pm »
From what I've read about British divorce it's basically you get to take back what you brought with you, if that makes any sense. If there would be a divorce, it's up to the queen to decide what Markle gets in terms of homes, staff, etc., since it belongs to the queen to begin with. For example, QE gave living quarters and a few other perks to Diana after the divorce from Charles. She didn't have to give anything to Diana, but the publicity would have been horrendous, to say the least.

I can't recall what Fergie got when she and Andrew divorced. But by then Andrew was no longer in line to the throne.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 04:57:50 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #320 on: May 21, 2018, 04:57:11 pm »
*The Firm*...is this her cute name for all the Royals or do they refer to themselves as The Firm..never heard this before.

The Royals and their workers call it "The Firm"  Prince Harry uses the term on a regular basis.
@mystery-ak

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #321 on: May 21, 2018, 04:58:22 pm »
The Royals and their workers call it "The Firm"  Prince Harry uses the term on a regular basis.
@mystery-ak

Ok..thanks
Support the USO

« Reply #322 on: May 21, 2018, 05:00:03 pm »

This is from 2011 @mystery-ak

The Duke of Edinburgh has long referred to the British royal family as “the Firm” ....

https://www.ft.com/content/e31c28ac-a341-11e0-8d6d-00144feabdc0

« Reply #323 on: May 21, 2018, 05:02:41 pm »
Daisy Wen @DaisyWhen

..AND THE OCEAN WILL BE MINEE 🐚 pic.twitter.com/Fdyj4KVyN5
12:08 PM - May 19, 2018

best one...

:thumbsup: 88devil

« Reply #324 on: May 21, 2018, 05:04:46 pm »

Great information.  Thanks! @goodwithagun