Author Topic: Royal Happenings  (Read 331202 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Royal Happenings
« Reply #1300 on: June 14, 2020, 12:23:12 pm »
Prince Andrew demands US 'olive branch' before he will speak over request to question him about Jeffrey Epstein
Daily Mail/UK, Jun 13, 2020

Prince Andrew will refuse to deal further with the US Department of Justice over its request to question him about paedophile Jeffrey Epstein until he is offered an ‘olive branch’.

A war of words broke out last week after the US authorities wrote to the Home Office to ask formally to interview the Duke of York about his relationship with the disgraced American financier.

The Duke said he had already offered his help as a witness and accused US prosecutors of breaking confidentially rules and issuing ‘complete lies’.

Last night, in a new furious salvo, a source close to the Duke of York told The Mail on Sunday: ‘Until there’s an olive branch from the Department of Justice [DoJ] and an attempt to establish trust, we can’t deal with them.

‘The DoJ has been painting an entirely inaccurate picture and this third time was enough. Three strikes and you’re out. There have been three provable breaches in the DoJ’s own rules [in talking about cases] while the Duke has played a straight bat out of respect for the rules and the process.

‘There is no way the Duke’s lawyers can recommend an engagement with the DoJ when they’re breaking the rules. They need to do something to start rebuilding trust.’

More:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8418351/Prince-Andrew-demands-olive-branch-US.html

Sounds like the privileged one wants immunity.   :smokin:

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1301 on: June 14, 2020, 01:41:15 pm »

@Right_in_Virginia

Sounds to me like he,as a foreign national not under our judicial or legal system,never mind a family member of a Royal Government,has that right as well as that obligation.

Since our alleged Justice Department doesn't have the authority to require him to do a single damn thing,AND they couldn't even arrest him if they caught him sitting on their steps,they should be grateful he has agreed to speak with them at all.

If FACT,they are freaking idiots for not kissing his ass to get his testimony about the things he has seen or heard of Americans doing while with Epstein. It almost makes me think they might be trying to piss him off to the point where he refuses to say anything.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1302 on: June 15, 2020, 03:48:09 am »
Strip the leaves off and cane him with it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1303 on: June 21, 2020, 12:57:59 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Kate posted some darling photos of her kids for Father’s Day.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1304 on: July 07, 2020, 08:09:56 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1305 on: July 07, 2020, 08:12:21 pm »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1306 on: July 07, 2020, 08:19:38 pm »
Meghan's Prince Harry wants you to apologize for the sins of his ancestors
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/07/meghans_prince_harry_wants_you_to_apologize_for_the_sins_of_his_ancestors.html

Apologize for his ancestors?  All the way back to Alfred the Great (a.d. 880 )?

This might take awhile.   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1307 on: July 07, 2020, 08:21:36 pm »
Meghan Markle's 'foot-stomping rant' at royal staff left Kate Middleton 'really upset,' palace sources say

https://knewz.com/meghan-markle-kate-rant/?link=TD_nypost_articles.7c7e0f416376f79f&utm_source=nypost_articles.7c7e0f416376f79f&utm_campaign=circular&utm_medium=KNEWZ

Skank bitch.  No wonder the Brits don't like us.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1308 on: July 08, 2020, 02:52:54 am »
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/07/meghans_prince_harry_wants_you_to_apologize_for_the_sins_of_his_ancestors.html
Excellent. HE can start by returning the property of the Catholic Church, and give the Lancasters back the Throne.
I have nothing to apologize for.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1309 on: July 08, 2020, 03:46:53 pm »

@mystery-ak

What's Harry going to do if Megan loses the handgun she uses to carry his balls around,musical comedies?

Run for President of the US as a Dim?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1310 on: July 17, 2020, 12:06:43 pm »
Princess Beatrice gets married in secret ceremony in Windsor

Princess Beatrice has got married in a secret wedding ceremony attended by the Queen.

The royal - ninth in line to the throne - married Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi in a COVID-secure wedding in All Saints Chapel, Windsor Great Park, this morning.

The Queen and Prince Philip attended the ceremony after the couple's plans for a larger ceremony were scuppered by the coronavirus pandemic.

It is understood around 20 guests were there, include the bride's father Prince Andrew.

https://news.sky.com/story/princess-beatrice-gets-married-in-secret-ceremony-in-windsor-12030507

@Right_in_Virginia
@mystery-ak

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1311 on: July 17, 2020, 12:08:15 pm »

« Reply #1312 on: July 17, 2020, 12:34:08 pm »
Princess Beatrice gets married in secret ceremony in Windsor

https://news.sky.com/story/princess-beatrice-gets-married-in-secret-ceremony-in-windsor-12030507

@Right_in_Virginia
@mystery-ak

Wow,  I guess between COVID-19 and her dad's "Epstein problem" this was a wise choice.  I do feel a little badly for her ... and wish them the best.

No pictures yet ...

Thanks for the ping @Gefn

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1313 on: July 17, 2020, 12:39:36 pm »
Wow,  I guess between COVID-19 and her dad's "Epstein problem" this was a wise choice.  I do feel a little badly for her ... and wish them the best.

No pictures yet ...

Thanks for the ping @Gefn

I’m sad no pictures either. I’d like to see the dress. But I’m very happy her grandma got to see her. Grandmothers are wonderful. I miss mine.

Maybe they’ll go up later today on the royal Instagram account
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 12:40:31 pm by Gefn »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1314 on: July 18, 2020, 01:33:46 pm »
Queen reveals her delight at attending Princess Beatrice's wedding with Prince Philip by her side as Prince Andrew's daughter marries Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi in a surprise secret ceremony at Windsor Castle with TWENTY guests

Princess Beatrice has tied the knot with Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi in secret ceremony at Windsor Castle
    Service was held at Royal Chapel of All Saints, in the grounds of home of Royal Lodge, in Windsor Great Park
    The Queen, 94, and Prince Philip, 99, were both in attendance and appeared in excellent spirits as they left
    Queen later told Captain Sir Tom Moore, who was knighted at Windsor Castle, that it had been 'very nice'
    Guest list has not been made public but church weddings are only allowed a maximum of 30 people in total
    Edo and Beatrice were due to wed at St James's Palace on 29 May but plans were postponed due to Covid

By Stephanie Linning For Mailonline

Published: 07:06 EDT, 17 July 2020 | Updated: 15:24 EDT, 17 July 2020

The Queen shared her delight at Princess Beatrice's surprise secret wedding to Italian property developer Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, saying it was a 'very nice' occasion.

Proud grandparents the Queen, 94, and the Duke of Edinburgh, 99, were among the roughly 20 guests who watched the couple exchange vows at 11am this morning at the Royal Chapel of All Saints, in the grounds of Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson's home of Royal Lodge, in Windsor Great Park.

Beatrice, 31, and Edo, were due to tie the knot at the Chapel Royal of St James's Palace, in London, on 29 May. But their ceremony was postponed due to Covid-19 and no new date was given by the palace at the time.

Instead the couple chose to have an intimate ceremony attended by just 'close family', according to a statement released this afternoon by Buckingham Palace. The bride's parents, Prince Andrew and the Duchess of York as well as her sister Princess Eugenie, 30, are thought to have been included. On marriage Beatrice becomes a stepmother to Edo's son Christopher, known as Wolfie, who is also thought to have attended.

more/no pictures of the wedding
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8533575/Princess-Beatrice-marries-Italian-property-developer-Edoardo-Mapelli-Mozzi.html
Support the USO

« Reply #1315 on: July 19, 2020, 01:19:40 am »

Queen Elizabeth II arriving at the Odeon in London's Leicester Square for the Lawrence of Arabia film premiere on December 10, 1962 (left). The Queen
is wearing the same Peau De Soie taffeta dress by Norman Hartnell that was worn by Beatrice on Friday (right)

@Gefn

« Reply #1316 on: July 19, 2020, 01:20:52 am »

« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 01:26:42 am by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #1317 on: July 19, 2020, 01:23:39 am »

The Queen alongside the Duke of Edinburgh as they leave Westminster Abbey after their marriage on November 20, 1947.
The Queen is wearing the same tiara that was worn by Princess Beatrice at her wedding to Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi on Friday

« Reply #1318 on: July 19, 2020, 01:32:17 am »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #1319 on: July 19, 2020, 01:52:39 am »
Apologize for his ancestors?  All the way back to Alfred the Great (a.d. 880 )?

This might take awhile.   :silly:
Did you har that Anderson Cooper's grandparents owned Michelle Obama's grandfather, or something along those lines.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1320 on: July 19, 2020, 12:23:50 pm »
Oh, I love the bridal photos. The color of the Queen’s latest dress, is the color of the new bedspread I bought last year. Don’t know exactly what shade it is, blue or green but I think it’s really lovely.

Thank you for posting the photos @Right_in_Virginia

The dress and crown story had a tear in my eye when I saw they were her grandmother’s. G-d save The Queen.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 12:28:12 pm by Gefn »

« Reply #1321 on: July 19, 2020, 01:16:23 pm »
Oh, I love the bridal photos. The color of the Queen’s latest dress, is the color of the new bedspread I bought last year. Don’t know exactly what shade it is, blue or green but I think it’s really lovely.

Thank you for posting the photos @Right_in_Virginia

The dress and crown story had a tear in my eye when I saw they were her grandmother’s. G-d save The Queen.

I loved that Beatrice wore the Queen's dress and tiara, too @Gefn   It seems like the Queen wanted to go out of her way to make the day and memories as special as possible for Beatrice under difficult circumstances.    happy77

« Reply #1322 on: July 19, 2020, 03:28:13 pm »

« Reply #1323 on: July 19, 2020, 03:35:00 pm »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1324 on: July 19, 2020, 11:04:32 pm »
Beatrice's father Andrew wasn't there.
... In a refreshingly modern (and wonderfully sustainable) move, Princess Beatrice chose to wear a vintage Norman Hartnell dress borrowed from the Queen for her wedding. Her Majesty famously wore the dress to attend the Lawrence of Arabia premiere at the Odeon Leicester Square in 1962. The Queen’s dresser, Angela Kelly, helped to fit the dress to the bride’s exact measurements and added organza puff sleeves. Made from ivory Peau De Soie taffeta, the diamanté-encrusted gown is trimmed with Duchess satin.  ...
More, plus photos, at Vogue (U.K.)
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org