Author Topic: In training to be on church security team; need recommendations for new CCL handgun  (Read 8150 times)

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
I find that when considering a carry gun, it is always good to remember the 5 rules of a gun fight:

1) gun beats no gun
That means that the gun you left behind because it was too big, too hard to shoot, too costly to feed = no gun

2) a hit beats a miss
The .22 that hits beats the .44 magnum hand cannon that cant hit the broad side of a barn

3) fast beats slow
Fast as in how fast you can get the gun into the fight.  Often, he who shoots first, shoots last

4) big holes beat little holes
Bigger holes bleed out faster so carry that largest caliber that can still meet rules 1 through 3

5) two holes beat one hole
If it is worth shooting once, it is worth shooting twice.  Keep this in mind when you are comparing the number of rounds available to you.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
hy
I find that when considering a carry gun, it is always good to remember the 5 rules of a gun fight:

1) gun beats no gun
That means that the gun you left behind because it was too big, too hard to shoot, too costly to feed = no gun

2) a hit beats a miss
The .22 that hits beats the .44 magnum hand cannon that cant hit the broad side of a barn

3) fast beats slow
Fast as in how fast you can get the gun into the fight.  Often, he who shoots first, shoots last

Bigger holes bleed out faster so carry that largest caliber that can still meet rules 1 through 3

If it is worth shooting once, it is worth shooting twice.  Keep this in mind when you are comparing the number of rounds available to you.

:thumbsup:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

1) gun beats no gun

2) a hit beats a miss

3) fast beats slow

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.....
Practice your draw. Start slow, emphasizing technique. Get the muscle memory right. Speed will follow.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis