Author Topic: ‘Daddy’s little ghoul’: New York Daily News cover slams Ivanka Trump over Jerusalem embassy  (Read 2251 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
They weren't even regular synagogue attendees anyway.

That is very common. I knew a family of secular Jews in LA who were as antisemitic as any neo-Nazi. They hated Judaism, hated Orthodox Jews fanatically, hated Israel, the whole thing. However, and this is beyond explanation, they also hated Christians and any non-Jew. Wait no, it wrong to say they 'hate' non-Jews. They just considered non-Jews to be stupid and inferior to them. And they would never, ever, ever, allow their son to marry a non-Jew, or even a convert to Judaism. This was completely unacceptable to them.

This is a very weird thing in American Secular Jewish culture. Some of them hate the Jewish religion, and any religion in general, but they love the racial aspects of being Jewish. It is like some kind of exclusive club to them, and nobody is allowed to apply for membership. So even if you convert that is still not enough. You are still a goy and always will be no matter what you do, in their minds.

The irony is, Orthodox Jews are much more accepting of converts than the secular Jews are. That is because religious Jews view Judaism as a religion. Whereas, secular Jews tend to look at Jewishness as an exclusive 'race' and think of the religious aspects of it as being ridiculous.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 01:56:55 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Hey there, @240B!  What you said struck me as funny, because I'm involved with part of the Jewish community in LA -- and my experience has been 100% the opposite ;).  I think that's because there are so many Jews here, and many of them work together and with the larger community.

Some Orthodox Jews in the Pico/Robertson "hood" are very much separatist from other Jews as well as everyone else.  They follow only one specific rabbi or rabbinic line; one group is Lubavitcher, for example. 

In that same neighborhood are Conservative Jews who keep Kosher and the Shabbat laws but do not segregate themselves.  There is another neighborhood in the San Fernando Valley that supports a smaller community of Orthodox and Conservative Jews with a variety of traditions.

Another example is the Israeli Jewish community at CalTech, which is extremely varied in terms of religious observance as well as anything else.  Some of these families are involved in Chabad, some are atheists, etc.  Most Jewish schools here are very welcoming to mixed families and even non-Jews affiliated with a synagogue.  And there is one school in the area that was founded by Jewish scientists who valued the cultural traditions for their children but were not religious.

Re. conversion, I know Conservative synagogues that require ritual cleansing for new members and adopted children and ones that don't.

There is simply far too much diversity in the LA area for generalization, in my experience.  But I'm really glad to say, that I haven't met anyone as prejudiced against non-Jews as you have. 
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.