Author Topic: 10 Surprising Back Pain Causes  (Read 748 times)

rangerrebew

10 Surprising Back Pain Causes
« on: May 16, 2018, 01:15:26 pm »
10 Surprising Back Pain Causes

By Marie Suszynski Reviewed by Meeta Shah, MD

What's Behind Your Back Pain?

Most people experience back pain at some point in their lives. Most of the time, back pain symptoms aren't due to a serious health issue such as arthritis or a fracture. In fact, the culprit could be as innocent as your mattress or your favorite pair of shoes. While you should see your doctor if you experience back pain after an injury or if your back pain is severe or lasts more than a few days, these everyday habits could also be contributing to your back pain symptoms.

https://www.everydayhealth.com/back-pain-pictures/10-surprising-back-pain-causes.aspx
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 01:16:07 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline endicom

Re: 10 Surprising Back Pain Causes
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 01:48:45 pm »
#11 - Carrying your wallet in your back pocket. That puts you off-kilter when you sit.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 01:49:30 pm by endicom »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 03:55:58 pm »
I got a backache from trying out a Hurrycane.  I don't know about now, but the one I had could not be adjusted to height.  I was leaning over to the right too much and the area of the back above the left hip hurt like hell.  Too bad.  The cane itself was great -- could be folded and didn't have to be stowed in the overhead bins on airplanes or hanging out in aisles to trip people.. 

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 04:11:08 pm »
Running 3 miles four times a week for 35 years might not be a major cause, but its a cause.

I highly recommend an elliptical trainer as an alternative to running for anyone over 40.

Offline thackney

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 05:33:47 pm »
I got a backache from trying out a Hurrycane....

I got a royal pain in the arse from a Hurricane.  Almost finished rebuilding from that sucker.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 05:34:31 pm »
Running 3 miles four times a week for 35 years might not be a major cause, but its a cause.

I highly recommend an elliptical trainer as an alternative to running for anyone over 40.

I recommend a recliner as my preferred alternative. 
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 08:03:08 pm »
I got a backache from trying out a Hurrycane. 

@Applewood
Having been on a stick intermittently my entire life, I can commiserate.

I still prefer a wooden standard cane - The curved handle is something I can't give up. T-handled canes can really only be used one way, and especially if they have a soft, foamy covering on the handle, my back will be stove up in an hour or two.

But the wooden handle can be reversed, and can be used in an almost infinite amount of degrees - hitting the palm differently in each position, and changing dynamics in the way I carry my back. Similar in theory to how erose ground incrementally changes body dynamics when walking - I do far better if I am not on pavement... in that same sense, changing the grip often doesn't overwork the same surfaces all the time...

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 08:11:18 pm »
#11 - Carrying your wallet in your back pocket. That puts you off-kilter when you sit.
You just have too much money!  :whistle:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline endicom

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 09:48:26 pm »
You just have too much money!  :whistle:

You've managed to hit on the one problem I've never had.