Author Topic: First Lady Melania Trump undergoes kidney surgery at Walter Reed  (Read 3639 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 07:20:25 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline musiclady

Re: First Lady Melania Trump undergoes kidney surgery at Walter Reed
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 07:20:43 pm »
Prayers for Melania.  Hope it's not too serious.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 07:22:28 pm »
BREAKING: First Lady Melania Trump hospitalized in Maryland after undergoing successful embolization procedure to treat benign kidney condition - WH
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 07:22:46 pm »
Prayers for Melania.  Hope it's not too serious.

Article makes me think it's kidney stones. Ouch!

Can we send her cards?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 07:27:41 pm »

Can we send her cards?

I assume so.  Probably to the WH, and it will eventually get there.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 07:43:19 pm »
Can we send her cards?

Yes.

Proper etiquette for addressing the recipient and the envelope :laugh: may be found here:
http://www.formsofaddress.info/Spouse_President.html
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 07:46:55 pm »
Dear Lord. I am praying for the hottest First Lady ever so that she gets well......and more importantly stays smokin' hot. Dear Lord. Hear my prayer.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 07:50:13 pm »
BREAKING: First Lady Melania Trump hospitalized in Maryland after undergoing successful embolization procedure to treat benign kidney condition - WH
@mystery-ak
@Freya

Was watching CNN when this came on.  Doctor there said "embolization procedure" cuts off blood flow to tumor.  She will be in hospital the rest of the week.  White House said it is not cancer. 

Now, if you cut off blood flow to something, it dies.  If there is a tumor on or in the kidney, it is going to die and maybe that is why she will be there all this week; this may not be over -yet.

Trump was not at hospital when she had the surgery.  He will go there sometime today - well, that is special, at least he is going at some time.  They tried to say it would have taken a number of people to go with him if he went when she had the surgery - but he still has to take those same people when he goes later today - that excuse does not hold water (and maybe her kidney isn't processing that water like it should).

He has said he is afraid of germs.  I think that is why he wasn't there for the surgery.  In fact, he likely doesn't want to go there and may be afraid of her being in a hospital bed after having surgery - with maybe a germ somewhere he could catch.  He is a wimp.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 07:52:54 pm by Victoria33 »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2018, 07:56:55 pm »
I would have been pissed if my husband didn't go with me and I don't care who he is..he is still my husband
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2018, 08:00:37 pm »
I would have been pissed if my husband didn't go with me and I don't care who he is..he is still my husband
@mystery-ak

I will stick with what I believe - Melania is furniture to him.  And, if he wasn't president, he would exchange this furniture as fast as he could since the furniture is sick.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2018, 08:01:03 pm »
@mystery-ak
@Freya

Was watching CNN when this came on.  Doctor there said "embolization procedure" cuts off blood flow to tumor.  She will be in hospital the rest of the week.  White House said it is not cancer. 

Now, if you cut off blood flow to something, it dies.  If there is a tumor on or in the kidney, it is going to die and maybe that is why she will be there all this week; this may not be over -yet.

Trump was not at hospital when she had the surgery.  He will go there sometime today - well, that is special, at least he is going at some time.  They tried to say it would have taken a number of people to go with him if he went when she had the surgery - but he still has to take those same people when he goes later today - that excuse does not hold water (and maybe her kidney isn't processing that water like it should).

He has said he is afraid of germs.  I think that is why he wasn't there for the surgery.  In fact, he likely doesn't want to go there and may be afraid of her being in a hospital bed after having surgery - with maybe a germ somewhere he could catch.  He is a wimp.

Well...he IS the president.  And, this doesn't sound like major surgery - no part or limbs being removed, no drilling into the skull, etc.  If it were me, I wouldn't find it any more reassuring whether my husband was in the waiting room or at the White House.  I'd be unconscious.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2018, 08:03:57 pm »
Would have been nice if Trump had been there, but if the rumors about marital strife are true, perhaps Mrs. Trump didn't want him there anyway. 

Whatever.  I do wish Mrs. Trump well and pray she makes a full recovery.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2018, 08:04:20 pm »
Well...he IS the president.  And, this doesn't sound like major surgery - no part or limbs being removed, no drilling into the skull, etc.  If it were me, I wouldn't find it any more reassuring whether my husband was in the waiting room or at the White House.  I'd be unconscious.

True...but did she know it wasn't cancerous before..that is the question....besides I would still want him near although I know he would be sleeping in the waiting room..

Fox reporting that Trump is with her now
Support the USO

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2018, 08:08:48 pm »

Oh for Christs sakes. This is going to be the Birthday Gift nonsense all over again.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2018, 08:10:01 pm »
Oh for Christs sakes. This is going to be the Birthday Gift nonsense all over again.

Damn right..a card doesn't cut it with me...... :silly:
Support the USO

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2018, 08:31:01 pm »

Can we send her cards?

Kidney Stones at age 48?  Pretty young for that condition, but not out of the question I guess.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2018, 08:33:04 pm »
Kidney Stones at age 48?  Pretty young for that condition, but not out of the question I guess.

Two of my staff went down on the job with kidney stones.   Both were healthy young men in their 20s.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2018, 08:35:21 pm »
Two of my staff went down on the job with kidney stones.   Both were healthy young men in their 20s.
@Suppressed

It's not kidney stones - one doesn't cut off blood to kidney stones - they are not attached to the body.  This is a tumor/mass of some sort; they cut off the blood to it.
And she has to stay there for all this week.  This is not over.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2018, 08:40:40 pm »

I can't imagine not going, if I had a wife in distress like that.
+++++++++

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2018, 08:47:47 pm »

Okay .. but I suspect you're not a very private person living in a fishbowl.  I also suspect your husband travelling to the hospital would not have commanded secret service checkpoints, the press and a caravan of vehicles complete with flashing lights and an ambulance.

Maybe, just maybe .... this is the way Melania wanted to handle this.   :shrug:

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2018, 08:51:46 pm »
@Suppressed

It's not kidney stones - one doesn't cut off blood to kidney stones - they are not attached to the body.  This is a tumor/mass of some sort; they cut off the blood to it. 

Yes, this is a procedure to shrink a tumor.  Reports use the word "benign" condition, so I suspect this refers to the tumor's type.

Staying through the week helps manage her discomfort and allows for scans and other procedures to assess the success of the treatment.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2018, 08:54:10 pm »
Okay .. but I suspect you're not a very private person living in a fishbowl.  I also suspect your husband travelling to the hospital would not have commanded secret service checkpoints, the press and a caravan of vehicles complete with flashing lights and an ambulance.

Maybe, just maybe .... this is the way Melania wanted to handle this.   :shrug:

He's there now with all his entourage...so it makes no difference when he went.
Support the USO

Offline WilliamVA

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2018, 08:59:01 pm »
I would assume there was enough of a security issue with the First Lady being there with an emergency
medical conditon, adding to it the crowd that has to follow the President...might have just been a wee bit
more then Walter Reed could handle right about then.  I am sure that husband and son will be there visiting
this evening.

Best of Wishes to the First Lady.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2018, 09:00:57 pm »

But it does matter when he went. It's like the difference between flowers and a card and dinner at the Red Lobster!

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2018, 09:06:35 pm »

Of course it does.  This is AFTER the surgery ... not before.  And she wasn't part of the entourage.

But, hell, let's string him up ... heaven knows he deserves it.  (is "/s" necessary?   ^-^)

« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 09:10:58 pm by Right_in_Virginia »