Author Topic: TRUMP IS STARTING TO SPOOK THE LEFT  (Read 7647 times)

Offline endicom

TRUMP IS STARTING TO SPOOK THE LEFT
« on: May 14, 2018, 12:19:51 am »
Power Line
Steven Hayward
May 13, 2018

Did anyone happen to catch David Brooks’s latest column, “Donald Trump’s Lizard Wisdom,” in the New York Times? I about fell out of my chair, because Brooks almost tacitly admits that maybe he was wrong about Trump. Referring to Trump’s experience dealing with the mobbed-up New York construction scene in his long real estate career, Brooks says:

And yet I can’t help but wonder if that kind of background has provided a decent education for dealing with the sort of hopped-up mobsters running parts of the world today. There is growing reason to believe that Donald Trump understands the thug mind a whole lot better than the people who attended our prestigious Foreign Service academies.

The first piece of evidence is North Korea. When Trump was trading crude, back-alley swipes with “Little Rocket Man,” Kim Jong-un, about whose nuclear button was bigger, it sounded as if we were heading for a nuclear holocaust led by a pair of overgrown prepubescents.

More... http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/05/trump-is-starting-to-spook-the-left.php

Offline endicom

Re: TRUMP IS STARTING TO SPOOK THE LEFT
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 12:20:12 am »

Willie Brown also weighs in.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 12:24:39 am »

President Trump also understands the corrupt government minds like obama/Hillary... he has dealt with, and bought them, time and time again.

He understands leverage.

I , personally, am glad he is working for us.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 12:26:27 am »
from the article:

It’s time for the Democrats to stop bashing President Trump.

It’s not going to be easy, given his policies and personality. It might even mean checking into a 12-step program. But setting a winning agenda is like maneuvering an aircraft carrier. It takes time to change course. And if they want to be on target for the November midterm elections, the Democrats need to start changing course now.

Like it or not, a significant number of Americans are actually happy these days. They are making money. They feel safe, and they agree with with the president’s protectionist trade policies, his call for more American jobs, even his immigration stance.

This not only applies to "Democrats".
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 12:29:54 am »
Willie Brown also weighs in.

He's still alive and grifting?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 12:31:14 am »

Offline Fantom

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 12:33:14 am »

He has a special built Focus for that.........my bad...I thought you said "Drifting".  Either way he does have a special focus for rthat.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 03:01:28 am »
    Cruise control: Got into a taxi the other day, and the cabbie promptly introduced himself as “Cadillac Jack.”

“I’ve owned 29 Cadillacs, all of them new,” he said, and proceeded to tell me about each and every one of them as we drove across town.

Finally I had to ask.

“How old are you?”

“Sixty,” he said.

“How did you manage to go through 29 Cadillacs?”

“Well, you know, if you don’t pay for them, they take ’em back.”

88devil

Driver lecturing King Willie.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2018, 03:26:26 am »
He has a special built Focus for that.........my bad...I thought you said "Drifting".  Either way he does have a special focus for rthat.

Focus? Willie never dabbled with commoners cars. He was a Porsche guy back in the day. Civil Servants can afford that shit....

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2018, 03:28:07 am »
Geez.... :whistle:

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2018, 04:01:20 am »
Focus? Willie never dabbled with commoners cars. He was a Porsche guy back in the day. Civil Servants can afford that shit....

I'm guessing this means Senator Harris was a whole lot more expensive looking ride back in the day too.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2018, 04:04:07 am »

I , personally, am glad he is working for us.

Out here we'd call that 'Giving the keys to the head thief'.  **nononono*

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2018, 04:08:18 am »
I'm guessing this means Senator Harris was a whole lot more expensive looking ride back in the day too.

She prefers to ride on the backs of taxpayers.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2018, 04:50:50 am »
from the article:

This not only applies to "Democrats".

I know @DCPatriot   I got an e-mail from a former active member here who got so disgusted with the NTers, she left TBR.  It's sad.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online DB

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2018, 05:21:46 am »

If he's grifting, he's alive.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2018, 09:49:39 am »
I know @DCPatriot   I got an e-mail from a former active member here who got so disgusted with the NTers, she left TBR.  It's sad.

I know, @Emjay My daily post counts way down. Back in the good ole Obama days [sic] I used to rack ‘em up here. Myst can attest to that. This whole NT-ET things worn too thin. I guess I’ve just lost my mojo. Who wants to talk to a bunch of contrarians? So, I read – well, mostly scroll here.

Oceander

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2018, 11:33:01 am »

Good.  Who needs snowflakes.

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2018, 11:46:52 am »
Power Line
Steven Hayward
May 13, 2018

Did anyone happen to catch David Brooks’s latest column, “Donald Trump’s Lizard Wisdom,” in the New York Times? I about fell out of my chair, because Brooks almost tacitly admits that maybe he was wrong about Trump. Referring to Trump’s experience dealing with the mobbed-up New York construction scene in his long real estate career, Brooks says:

And yet I can’t help but wonder if that kind of background has provided a decent education for dealing with the sort of hopped-up mobsters running parts of the world today. There is growing reason to believe that Donald Trump understands the thug mind a whole lot better than the people who attended our prestigious Foreign Service academies.

The first piece of evidence is North Korea. When Trump was trading crude, back-alley swipes with “Little Rocket Man,” Kim Jong-un, about whose nuclear button was bigger, it sounded as if we were heading for a nuclear holocaust led by a pair of overgrown prepubescents.

More... http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/05/trump-is-starting-to-spook-the-left.php

It also explains why Trump understands hopped up monsters running the democratic party.

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2018, 01:28:00 pm »
I know, @Emjay My daily post counts way down. Back in the good ole Obama days [sic] I used to rack ‘em up here. Myst can attest to that. This whole NT-ET things worn too thin. I guess I’ve just lost my mojo. Who wants to talk to a bunch of contrarians? So, I read – well, mostly scroll here.

Yes, I get very tired of the NT/ET stuff.  One side insults the other and then it's on.   9999hair out0000

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2018, 04:13:10 pm »
Good.  Who needs snowflakes.

@mystery-ak @aligncare @Oceander

Excellent post, @Oceander   You perfectly illustrated the point @anubias and a lot of us are making with our departures and our loss of interest.

There are people here we can discuss things with in a civil manner even if we disagree.

And then there are way too many people like you, buddy.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2018, 06:08:58 pm »

Excellent post, @Oceander   You perfectly illustrated the point @anubias and a lot of us are making with our departures and our loss of interest.

There are people here we can discuss things with in a civil manner even if we disagree.

Some people – not necessarily Ocean – are so desperate to be right in their criticisms of Trump that they often throw all civility out the door and self pleasure themselves with repetitive proclamations of the virtues and principles they possess and that Trump supporters lack – all, as anonymous screen names!

How weird is that!

Online DB

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2018, 06:11:57 pm »
Some people – not necessarily Ocean – are so desperate to be right in their criticisms of Trump that they often throw all civility out the door and self pleasure themselves with repetitive proclamations of the virtues and principles they possess and that Trump supporters lack – all, as anonymous screen names!

How weird is that!

So you two want to start shit stirring again?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2018, 06:16:58 pm »

There's plenty of blame to go around on both sides. Just remember that. The very toxic environment that certain members now bemoan—and I remember it well—was, in many cases, their very own creation. People on both sides have been driven off.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 06:18:16 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2018, 06:17:38 pm »
By the way, what do they mean, "starting?"
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Millee

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2018, 06:30:04 pm »
They feel safe, and they agree with with the president’s protectionist trade policies, his call for more American jobs, even his immigration stance.

A President who puts Americans first.  Imagine that??   :whistle: