Author Topic: Palin: Hearing that McCain regrets picking me for VP is a 'perpetual gut-punch'  (Read 1362 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Palin: Hearing that McCain regrets picking me for VP is a 'perpetual gut-punch'
By Josh Delk - 05/10/18 06:22 PM EDT

Sarah Palin said Thursday that Sen. John McCain's (R-Ariz.) admission that he regrets picking her as his running mate in his failed 2008 presidential bid is "like a perpetual gut-punch."

The former Republican vice presidential nominee said the senator's recent remarks were "not what Sen. McCain has told me all these years, as he's apologized to me repeatedly for the people who ran his campaign," she told the Daily Mail before speaking at a pro-Trump PAC fundraiser.

In his upcoming memoir, “The Restless Wave: Good Times, Just Causes, Great Fights, and other Appreciations,” the 81-year-old senator laments not selecting former Sen. Joseph Lieberman (I-Conn.) as his vice presidential candidate.

McCain still gives Palin high marks for her work on his campaign.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/387190-palin-hearing-that-mccain-regrets-picking-me-for-vp-is-a-perpetual
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline darroll

Maybe someone will mourn this guy?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Truth is that he did make the decision.  I find him a very weak person, not because of his health but because he has no shame.  Trying to place the blame on Sarah Palin.  I know that I would never have voted for him if it was Lieberman.  Having Sarah Palin as his running mate was his strength because at the time Tea Party was strong and Sarah was at the head of it.  She was known and respected by everyone that associated with the Tea Party.  What an imbecile.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Palin should have said that she regrets ever accepting McCain's request. Which I'm sure is true. No doubt she does regret ever getting involved in this whole McCain mess.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online corbe

Pathetic, the bitterness and hatefulness this utter fool creates even in the confines of his own demise.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
He refuses to accept responsibility.  Just like his good friend hillary.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline libertybele

Palin should be glad that McCain is trying to disassociate himself from her.  What a blessing actually!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Did you all ever see the movie about McCain and Palin starring Julianne Moore?  I was really floored by how condescending and sexist the McCain campaign was to Palin.  They really threw her to the wolves.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Did you all ever see the movie about McCain and Palin starring Julianne Moore?  I was really floored by how condescending and sexist the McCain campaign was to Palin.  They really threw her to the wolves.

That's assuming there was any truth in the movie.  I find that Hollywood really, really doesn't get Republicans or conservatives. 

Offline Frank Cannon

That's assuming there was any truth in the movie.  I find that Hollywood really, really doesn't get Republicans or conservatives.

I think it was based on one of those Halprin books full of dirt about that election and both Nicole Wallace and Steve Schmidt bragged that they did everything they could do to sabotage Palin during the damn election. There are also reams of stories about what a nasty self important person McLame is.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
@Frank Cannon  Yes, that's it.  I was not a Sarah Palin fan, but I liked the rest of them even less in that movie. 
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I wish I could say I feel sorry for her, but I don't.  She'd had to have been dumb as a box of rocks to not see it.  I became very disappointed over the years at her actions re McCain. 
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 04:34:16 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Sorry Sarah....   The real gut punch was us being stuck with this POS as a candidate back in '08.

He ran the most miserable campaign imaginable.  From the outside it seemed he was throwing the damn thing.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Sorry Sarah....   The real gut punch was us being stuck with this POS as a candidate back in '08.

He ran the most miserable campaign imaginable.  From the outside it seemed he was throwing the damn thing.

He had the nerve to think it was his to lose...that it just didn't matter. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

I wonder if it would have been worse if he actually ran all the way instead of quitting a few weeks early.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Night Hides Not

Palin should have said that she regrets ever accepting McCain's request. Which I'm sure is true. No doubt she does regret ever getting involved in this whole McCain mess.

She was well compensated for her efforts for several years after the election.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

Pathetic, the bitterness and hatefulness this utter fool creates even in the confines of his own demise.

When I was in my 30s, the goal I set for myself was to "grow old without becoming a bitter old man." That was prompted by a few years as a stockbroker after I left the Army. It wore on me, listening to retired guys who were set for life (401k AND a pension...the good old days), whining about crappy bosses, crappy jobs, missed opportunities, etc.

So far, so good.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
She was well compensated for her efforts for several years after the election.

Minus the amount she had to pay out for the myriad frivolous lawsuits filed by vindictive leftists in Alaska while she was Governor.  That was why she resigned the office, so I wonder how much cash she hemorrhaged before she resigned.

Then there was the matter of the gay author who stalked her family by moving in next door to her in Wasilla...
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
When I was in my 30s, the goal I set for myself was to "grow old without becoming a bitter old man." That was prompted by a few years as a stockbroker after I left the Army. It wore on me, listening to retired guys who were set for life (401k AND a pension...the good old days), whining about crappy bosses, crappy jobs, missed opportunities, etc.

So far, so good.

I never had to worry about becoming a crotchety old man, because I was born a crotchety young man.  :whistle:
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
She put new life into the campaign for awhile.  However, I went to see her at a campaign stop in Troy, OH and was unimpressed.  Her affectations and ‘you betchas’ made me feel like I was watching Fargo.  I kept waiting for William H. Macy to show up.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline GrouchoTex

McCain is basically slamming us.
You know, middle of America, flyover country rubes, who think our votes still matter.
We had the nerve to elect Tea Party types tp Congress and Senate.
These were people who wanted a balanced budget amendment, before the would raise the debt ceiling.
Remember that?

But McCain, with his willing accomplices in the Media, branded the Tea Party types as racist and rednecks, idiots.
McCain stands up and says the people who thing we should have a balanced budget should just crawl back into their Hobbit holes.
We are the hobbits he was referring to.
He admonished the new lawmakers, telling them, that they hadn't been around long enough to know what they were doing.
All the new lawmakers wanted to do was the will of the people who elected them, and McCain would have none of that.

While Palin wasn't a perfect instrument, and has since seen her star power fade, she was the forerunner to Trump.
Someone plan spoken, tough, no-nonsense and a champion of things average  Americans wanted, rather than elitist.
Trump tapped into our frustrations, and it worked.

McCain once said that Obama should have Obama care, because he won the election.
Odd, he has never given Trump that same consideration.
The truth is, John McCain has more disdain for the average conservative voter than he does his democratic colleagues.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Minus the amount she had to pay out for the myriad frivolous lawsuits filed by vindictive leftists in Alaska while she was Governor.  That was why she resigned the office, so I wonder how much cash she hemorrhaged before she resigned.

Then there was the matter of the gay author who stalked her family by moving in next door to her in Wasilla...

And, the fact that she and her family have been under a microscope since then, and every stupid thing her kids have done is splashed all over the internet. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
And, the fact that she and her family have been under a microscope since then, and every stupid thing her kids have done is splashed all over the internet.

I found the parking-lot brawl at the party very entertaining...  ****slapping 22222frying pan :cool:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Just_Victor

I honestly feel sorry for McCain.  Anyone who desires to spend the last weeks/days of his life burning bridges and settling scores clearly has no sense of God or an afterlife.

I know I wouldn't want to spend my last hours on earth in anger and bitterness.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I honestly feel sorry for McCain.  Anyone who desires to spend the last weeks/days of his life burning bridges and settling scores clearly has no sense of God or an afterlife.

I know I wouldn't want to spend my last hours on earth in anger and bitterness.

I want to spend my last hours in an Irish bar drinking beer talking to pretty girls.

And if my wife finds out it would be my last hours
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.