Author Topic: Rising levels of ‘frustration’ at UN climate stalemate  (Read 746 times)

rangerrebew

Rising levels of ‘frustration’ at UN climate stalemate
May 2, 2018
From the BBC:

Rising levels of ‘frustration’ at UN climate stalemate
By Matt McGrath Environment correspondent

Old divisions between rich and poor over money and ambition are again threatening to limit progress in UN climate negotiations.

Discussions between negotiators from nearly 200 countries have resumed in Germany, aiming to flesh out the rules on the Paris climate pact.

But developing countries say they are “frustrated” with the lack of leadership from the developed world.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2018/05/02/rising-levels-of-frustration-at-un-climate-stalemate/

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
This is China from space, thats not clouds.

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

Offline driftdiver

Delhi in India is even worse.  But both countries barely do anything under the Paris accord.   It costs them nothing as they don't change anything, just reduce their growth rate.

Offline Joe Wooten

But developing countries say they are “frustrated” with the lack of leadership from the developed world.

Code for "you rich bastards have not coughed up any of the money you promised us 15 years ago to expiate your environmental sins. This is money we were counting on to flesh out our Swiss bank accounts".....