Author Topic: Droid Phone Specific Question - Apps for functionality  (Read 6834 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Droid Phone Specific Question - Apps for functionality
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2018, 02:09:36 am »
@roamer_1 I like solitaire too,i don't know what you can run but I'm sure you'll find something.

I do highly recommend Gas Buddy it tells you the prices of gas in your area so you can save money!!!!
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2018, 02:11:09 am »
What's astonishing is the phone doesn't come with a file browser. 9999hair out0000

There is on mine (MyFiles), but it is pretty crappy.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2018, 02:14:59 am »

I do highly recommend Gas Buddy it tells you the prices of gas in your area so you can save money!!!!

@Freya
Thanks for that... But I don't pay it much mind... I always go to the Conoco or the BP... You have to remember I am pretty rural... there ain't a lot of choices to choose from, and they are all pretty competitive...    :shrug:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2018, 02:54:46 am »
@Freya
Thanks for that... But I don't pay it much mind... I always go to the Conoco or the BP... You have to remember I am pretty rural... there ain't a lot of choices to choose from, and they are all pretty competitive...    :shrug:

I smell....COLLUSION!  Bwaahaahaa.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2018, 03:37:33 am »
Grocery IQ is a big one for me.  I have lists for grocery store, hardware, pet shop, etc.

I'm sure there's apps for online shopping as well if you're into that.

I take a lot of pictures of holes in the ground.  For example, I recently ran a sprinkler line under my driveway.  If I ever need to find it again, I've got pictures to reference.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2018, 03:48:06 am »
I smell....COLLUSION!  Bwaahaahaa.

LOL! Nope! Just two companies in the area... Most of the whistle stops and the truck stop are Exxon... and the rest are Conoco...  :shrug:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2018, 03:54:29 am »
LOL! Nope! Just two companies in the area... Most of the whistle stops and the truck stop are Exxon... and the rest are Conoco...  :shrug:

So here I am, in the big suburb with gas stations up to my armpits, and I fill up about once a month... :shrug:

(1 mile each way commute.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2018, 04:03:54 am »
So here I am, in the big suburb with gas stations up to my armpits, and I fill up about once a month... :shrug:

(1 mile each way commute.)

Unless I go to walk off, or go off a ways fishing, my monthly gas bill is around fifty bucks... And that is in a 1/2T pickup. I am mostly between my cabin and the farm - about a mile away, and I run around in town around twice a month.

I will have my minivan going again sometime this month, now that the snow is well off... It will still cost me about 50 bucks, but I will be running around a whole lot more.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2018, 04:35:34 am »
Unless I go to walk off, or go off a ways fishing, my monthly gas bill is around fifty bucks... And that is in a 1/2T pickup. I am mostly between my cabin and the farm - about a mile away, and I run around in town around twice a month.

I will have my minivan going again sometime this month, now that the snow is well off... It will still cost me about 50 bucks, but I will be running around a whole lot more.

Huh.  Never pictured you as a minivan guy.  I guess I never thought of it....
I will NOT comply.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2018, 04:39:20 am »
My kid has an s7 coming up for sale - so that's where I will be this summer... This is just a 75 dollar POS to get me started... Training wheels.

But I'll tell you what, I don't think I need much more... I will never fill this thing up.

Training wheels? An S4 in this day and age is like swimming with cement blocks under your arms. They are built like tanks though. I get a new phone every 2 Samsung models and my daughter is still using my old S4 to listen to music and play games and she treats stuff like shit.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2018, 04:39:52 am »
Huh.  Never pictured you as a minivan guy.  I guess I never thought of it....

'Computer tech' looks better showing up in a minivan rather than a hillbilly pickup... It has step ladders on the top too - because computer guys need step ladders...  :whistle: :shrug:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2018, 04:42:39 am »
'Computer tech' looks better showing up in a minivan rather than a hillbilly pickup... It has step ladders on the top too - because computer guys need step ladders...  :whistle: :shrug:

You never know when you're gonna have to go up in the attic to change the ethernet fluid. :whistle:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2018, 04:46:43 am »
Training wheels? An S4 in this day and age is like swimming with cement blocks under your arms. They are built like tanks though. I get a new phone every 2 Samsung models and my daughter is still using my old S4 to listen to music and play games and she treats stuff like shit.

Mrs. Liberty and I had S4s for quite a while, it seems.  I liked them better than the Moto Droids we had before that.  We like our S8s a whole lot, though.  I don't think it's the age of the phone that kills it, it how much bloatware you've allowed to accumulate that kills them.

I treat stuff like shit too.  It's good for it, breaks it in.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2018, 04:59:53 am »
You never know when you're gonna have to go up in the attic to change the ethernet fluid. :whistle:

LOL. Top Notch.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2018, 05:00:05 am »

LOL!

It's the dumbest thing. I think a ladder rack is a general purpose universal 'service guy' sign. A good portion of my new clientele comes from neighbors of my current clients or from folks taking the phone number off the van while in transit... Before vs. after the ladder rack, I will bet my business went up 25%... And I don't think I took a ladder off there but maybe 3 times all last year.

Go figger... :shrug:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2018, 05:03:30 am »

Don't discourage me Frank. It won't take much to put me back on my flip phone... And I'll tell my ol lady it's all your fault. You don't want that to happen. She'll find you out. That hilljilly gal can track a mouse fart through a windstorm.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2018, 11:14:44 am »
What's astonishing is the phone doesn't come with a file browser. 9999hair out0000

It does. I don't use it. The ES one is much better. It works better, I think, moving files across my network.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2018, 11:28:18 am »

I got tired of replacing the screens on my Sony Ericsson. The last time I broke the screen on the same day I had replaced it. So I looked for a rugged phone and went with the Samsung Rugby Smart.

I ended up leaving it in my pants pocket and into the washing machine it went. Once I figgered that was where it might be, I felt around in the washer. Of course I ran it on hot water. It was down on the bottom of the tub. I pulled it out, activated it, and made a call. Everything worked fine, except for the speaker. Later that day the speaker dried out. The screen saver got smeared some with the agitator.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2018, 06:21:38 pm »
I got tired of replacing the screens on my Sony Ericsson. The last time I broke the screen on the same day I had replaced it.

That's another thing I don't like about smart phones... I routinely have to replace a flip phone a couple times a year... But it's a flip phone... Who cares, right? It's $25 and a half hour...

Get a few hundred bucks involved in a smart phone and drop it in a 5 of paint... lose it on the trail, leave it out in the rain all night, run it over with a tractor...

Even this S4, which in smart phone world, is already nearly antiquated, cost me 75 bucks... Lose or break that a couple times a year, and it's a whole different thing, not to mention the three or four hundred per phone to get anything decent.

And they don't store well on you either... They are prone to being in the way... prone toward destruction.

I wish you could tie two phones to one number. even if only one could be on at a time... I'd keep a flip phone around for rugged duty and keep that spendy smart phone in a drawer for around the house and town...

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2018, 06:24:43 pm »
Once I figgered that was where it might be, I felt around in the washer. Of course I ran it on hot water.

Did it shrink?