Author Topic: McCain's inner circle planning on having Pence, not Trump, at funeral: report  (Read 10006 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Cyber wrote:
"I thought Cindy McCain was the one you were betting on?  Doug Ducey is going to stab his friend Donald Trump in the back."

I'm the one who made the prediction that Governor Ducey will select McCain's wife to succeed him, in exchange for McCain's resignation after the date (May 6?) which permits the governor to pick the successor.

I hadn't considered McCain's daughter. That's possible, too.

But if he's going to resign, he isn't going to do so unless HE gets to choose his replacement -- that is the basis of "the deal".

I have no crystal ball and I could be wrong.
Let's wait and see...

@Fishrrman @sneakypete  My apologies to you both.  I realized my error after I saw Pete's  reply.

I don't have an Oracle either, I'm just in a position to observe from a relatively close seat.  I know, for instance, there's no love between McCain and the state Party.  The Party refused to support McCain in his last election because of his shenanigans.  If McCain made some sort of deal, I see no reason for Ducey to honor it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline verga

In case anyone was wondering, I won't be attending either.  :shrug:
@roamer_1 I am going to be busy not giving a damn that day, wanna go fishing?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
McCain also came out and said he regrets picking Palin.  Then he encouraged Biden to stay in politics.

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1 I am going to be busy not giving a damn that day, wanna go fishing?

@verga
Oh heck yeah...
 :beer:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Little John, petty and small, still grasping for that last 15 minutes.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 05:37:51 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline DB

McCain is a treacherous back stabbing vile corrupt man.

He is swamp creature personified. He's been poison for conservatives for a long time. Trump on the other hand is just a symptom of what the GOP has become under the likes of McCain.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I have pre planned and pre paid for my funeral and I’m a lot younger than senator McCain.

For the record, I know no one like Trump or Pence is coming but I would be honored if Marlon Bundo showed up. He’s so adorable! BOTUS ❤️!!!!
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Slide Rule

McCane is a short timer and has walked across the aisle so
many times, he forgets where he resides.

Seeing time is short, perhaps he could ensure Pence attending
his funeral by some actual conservative act in the Senate.

If his health prohibits, he could compose something.

Like an apology to the nation's conservatives.

:)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 12:46:03 pm by Slide Rule »
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Just read on Drudge that McCain regrets putting Palin on 2008 VPOTUS ticket.

Sadly, if Palin would have adjusted her 2010 endorsement (she gave McCain as a favor), we could have given an McCain an 8 year earlier retirement.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline verga

Sadly, if Palin would have adjusted her 2010 endorsement (she gave McCain as a favor), we could have given an McCain an 8 year earlier retirement.
Frankly Palin was the only reason I voted for the old codger. Sure in hindsight I see that she is also Batsh!t crazy too, but at the time it seemed like the smart money.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline aligncare

I suspect Trump will get over it. I think he’s got a round of golf that day.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Frankly Palin was the only reason I voted for the old codger. Sure in hindsight I see that she is also Batsh!t crazy too, but at the time it seemed like the smart money.

@verga

I will take a pro-American batshit crazy candidate EVERY time over a globalist traitor.

Not even a contest.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@verga

I will take a pro-American batshit crazy candidate EVERY time over a globalist traitor.

Not even a contest.

Funny....that was my POV in 2016, too! 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I disagree.  I don't think Palin's endorsement of McCain made any difference in the 2010 AZ election.  She's just not that major a figure here in AZ, and I doubt very much she changed any minds, either in the Primary nor the General Elections.  It was just a "return the favor" political decision on her part.  All it really did for me was diminish her to Party Toady in my eyes, but I only have the one vote anyway.  She was on no ballot here. 

I'm in the group that didn't vote for McCain in 2008, I voted for her.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 03:44:59 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline dfwgator

I hate to say it, but I'm glad Obama beat this POS.

McCain would have gotten us into WWIII.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
John McCain, who has been battling an aggressive form of brain cancer for more than a year, doesn’t want President Trump to attend his funeral and prefers Vice President Pence to be there, according to a New York Times report.

In addition, former Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama have been asked to deliver eulogies at McCain's funeral, sources close to both former presidents and McCain told CNN.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/05/06/mccain-says-trump-should-skip-his-funeral-wants-pence-to-attend.html
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Don't want to be cruel here, but this is a man who seems determined to continue antagonizing people after he's dead.

Obama???
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline musiclady

Don't want to be cruel here, but this is a man who seems determined to continue antagonizing people after he's dead.

Obama???

I think your response isn't cruel.......... it's dead on.  (No pun intended).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Obama???

I agree with @musiclady on this...nothing cruel about your post at all.  You're just saying it like it is.
I will NOT comply.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I agree with @musiclady on this...nothing cruel about your post at all.  You're just saying it like it is.

Can you guyz imagine what 'Candidate 2016 Trump' might have to say about this today?   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline skeeter

Good grief McCain is treating his own funeral as if he were a ‘mean chick’ planning an ice cream social.

There’re more important considerations now John.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 05:42:08 pm by skeeter »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I disagree.  I don't think Palin's endorsement of McCain made any difference in the 2010 AZ election.  She's just not that major a figure here in AZ, and I doubt very much she changed any minds, either in the Primary nor the General Elections.  It was just a "return the favor" political decision on her part.  All it really did for me was diminish her to Party Toady in my eyes, but I only have the one vote anyway.  She was on no ballot here. 

I'm in the group that didn't vote for McCain in 2008, I voted for her.

Disagree too.  JD Heyworth was down about 5 poll points and gaining on McCain in the 2010 primary before Palin put the knife in his back.  Not saying 100% we would have unseated McCain, but the chances were pretty decent.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Disagree too.  JD Heyworth was down about 5 poll points and gaining on McCain in the 2010 primary before Palin put the knife in his back.  Not saying 100% we would have unseated McCain, but the chances were pretty decent.

JD was, IMO, the best chance we had, going back (and forward) a few election cycles (Kelli Ward was the later chance, but she's a Chemtrails Conspiracist who's taking another run at Flake's seat now, and if she wins the primary will crash on the shoals this November against the Rat).  JD had developed some serious flaws in the years since he lost his reelection to the House, and I thought he had plateaued at that -5% number.  I voted for JD anyway, because I had met him a couple of times and liked him personally (well, as much as I can any politician, which is not a whole lot).

There is a perception Palin did him in, but I just don't see the numbers to support that.  JMHO.
I will NOT comply.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Good grief McCain is treating his own funeral as if he were a ‘mean chick’ planning an ice cream social.

Bitter self centered old coot better realize that his shenanigans has cost him dearly in legacy points. 

50 years from now he will be nothing more than an obscure answer to a  trivia question.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 05:51:30 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I don't think this is McCain's pettiness going on here, I think he's either already dead or out of his mind.  This is crapola coming from his aides trying to diminish his replacement's ability to support Trump.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 05:54:04 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.