Author Topic: McCain's inner circle planning on having Pence, not Trump, at funeral: report  (Read 9955 times)

Offline dfwgator

He's always been a full-bore liberal.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@libertybele

Look, I’m not going to second-guess a dying person’s last decisions, for God’s sake.  It’s just...well, I don’t get it.  I don’t agree with having Obama there, but it isn’t as though we don’t know McCain’s leanings already.  So I don’t understand the shock.  It’s typical McCain. 

The guy is literally spending the last moments of his life, so complaints that he’s being self-centered as a brain tumor kills him are incredible.  I mean, really?  And what’s the deal about him not spending the time with his family?  Where is he, at Disney World?  I don’t see how making a statement takes away from family time. 

Those families you mention can do whatever they want.  And yes, just politics.  It’s all theatre and bull crap, if you’ve noticed. 

As far as McCain’s voting record, you’re absolutely right.  But he’s not alone.  Remember how the GOP lied for seven years about getting rid of Obamacare?  That’s a lot of future funerals to party over.

@CatherineofAragon, I'm torn here.  On the one hand, not saying bad things about dying people is generally the right thing to do - except when it may not be.  One of the first impulses when some is or just has died is to say things like "oh, poor Bleep, oh that's terrible, he/she was so nice, etc." even when poor Bleep was a horrible person.  Or, do we just say nothing even when Bleep leaving us is an improvement?  When Bleep was an overall negative person?  When Bleep did things that should be strongly condemned?  When maintaining silence is to protect Bleep's misdeeds?

I think I will just say a prayer for McCain's soul and his family and friends and admit to his many misdeeds.  I also admit that I am not aware of good things that he may have done in his life.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 03:33:13 pm by Sanguine »

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon
I'm confused.    John McCain is one of the primary reasons the repeal of Obamacare failed.  He's also the reason several other conservative agenda items failed to pass the Senate.    He worked with Hillary and Obama to create ISIS, arm Al Qaeda in Syria, and push the overall Arab Spring series of civil wars.

You condemn Trump for failing to repeal Obamacare but won't condemn McCain even as he works from his deathbed to empower the Leftists and Globalists.

@driftdiver

I condemned Trump, and in my previous post to @libertybele I condemned the Republicans who lied about Obamacare.  Is McCain not in that group?  Also, in my OP, I said I have no liking for McCain.

Exactly what kind of dance should I do to prove that I’m not a secret supporter of the “Globalists?”
Show me the steps, because that’s how it goes these days, right? 

Offline skeeter

Catherine, I'm torn here.  On the one hand, not saying bad things about dying people is generally the right thing to do - except when it may not be.  One of the first impulses when some is or just has died is to say things like "oh, poor Bleep, oh that's terrible, he/she was so nice, etc." even when poor Bleep was a horrible person.  Or, do we just say nothing even when Bleep leaving us is an improvement?  When Bleep was an overall negative person?  When Bleep did things that should be strongly condemned?  When maintaining silence is to protect Bleep's misdeeds?

I think I will just say a prayer for McCain's soul and his family and friends and admit to his many misdeeds.  I also admit that I am not aware of good things that he may have done in his life.

What I find amazing is the depth of McCain's bitterness. Most normal people, when staring eternity in the face, have an impulse to make amends, forgive, whatever, and shuffle off this mortal coil at peace. Not McCain, apparently.

Also, its tough, for me anyway, to write it all off as 'just politics' when the guy did things like take a bow for casting the deciding vote against the Obamacare repeal - a perversion that has had such a dramatically negative impact on me personally and so many others - even if the vote was largely symbolic.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well, let's see...what is the date today?  May 7.  That's 183 days until the General Election this year...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Suppressed

What I find amazing is the depth of McCain's bitterness. Most normal people, when staring eternity in the face, have an impulse to make amends, forgive, whatever, and shuffle off this mortal coil at peace. Not McCain, apparently.

Also, its tough, for me anyway, to write it all off as 'just politics' when the guy did things like take a bow for casting the deciding vote against the Obamacare repeal - a perversion that has had such a dramatically negative impact on me personally and so many others - even if the vote was largely symbolic.

@skeeter

I find it easier to understand if I put myself into his mindset of believing that he's right and that he's doing the right thing.  Just like many have given their last moments on earth for the country, he believes he's doing so. 

That, and the fact that he's a nasty, angry man.

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online NavyCanDo

I don’t have any particular use nor liking for John McCain, but I’m not going to celebrate his death.  My mother taught me better.  It’s just politics, after all.  I’d at least have to know someone to despise him.

Besides that, I can’t help but think of Meghan McCain.  She’s about to lose her father.  I know, I know...she’s a fat bimbo who dissed Sarah Palin, so who cares, right?  Well, I’ve been there, and it’s a terrible place, so I can’t find it in me to yuck it up.  Y’all carry on, though.

Was going to post something similar, but you said it well. Let me also remind everyone of his military career.  He could be the most liberal person in Congress, but for what he went through with the Forestall fire and being shot down he has my admiration and he deerves all of it.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline skeeter

@skeeter

I find it easier to understand if I put myself into his mindset of believing that he's right and that he's doing the right thing.  Just like many have given their last moments on earth for the country, he believes he's doing so. 

True, but since the same can be said of everyone - they/we all believe we're doing the right thing - then no one is deserving of condemnation.

Maybe thats the lesson.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
True, but since the same can be said of everyone - they/we all believe we're doing the right thing - then no one is deserving of condemnation.

Maybe thats the lesson.

That's an interesting point - to be good requires more than intent.  It also requires a clear-sighted, honest evaluation of your motives and the possible/probable results of your actions.

Offline libertybele

..hmmm... perhaps a more defining moment for this country will be when the Republican party is minus one less RINO.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

LOL. This is only a moment for Crazy Johnnies friends in the MSM. The rest of America doesn't give a shit.

Offline thackney

@CatherineofAragon, I'm torn here.  On the one hand, not saying bad things about dying people is generally the right thing to do - except when it may not be.  One of the first impulses when some is or just has died is to say things like "oh, poor Bleep, oh that's terrible, he/she was so nice, etc." even when poor Bleep was a horrible person.  Or, do we just say nothing even when Bleep leaving us is an improvement?  When Bleep was an overall negative person?  When Bleep did things that should be strongly condemned?  When maintaining silence is to protect Bleep's misdeeds?

...Leslie Ray Charping died last month after a battle with cancer.

"At a young age, Leslie quickly became a model example of bad parenting combined with mental illness and a complete commitment to drinking, drugs, womanizing and being generally offensive," the obituary stated.

The family went on to describe Charping as a person who lacked ambition and motivation....

http://abc13.com/society/ouch-family-writes-brutal-obituary-for-local-man/1746919/

http://obit.carnesfuneralhome.com/leslie-ray-charping
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
McCain's a fellow alumni, and served honorably.  Trump attacking him during the campaign for having been a POW is probably the lowest Trump has ever sunk.

That being said, McCain is a self-righteous, overweening bleep.  The entire idea of him getting to choose who replaces him is revolting.  That Senate seat belongs to the people of Arizona, not to him.

Agree on both points.

He deserves special recognition, for appearing on every Sunday political show. The liberal media poster boy.

His funeral will allow that same media, opportunity to pay him back, and slam Trump as much as possible. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I'll go on record that I'm not inviting Trump to my funeral.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
...Leslie Ray Charping died last month after a battle with cancer.

"At a young age, Leslie quickly became a model example of bad parenting combined with mental illness and a complete commitment to drinking, drugs, womanizing and being generally offensive," the obituary stated.

The family went on to describe Charping as a person who lacked ambition and motivation....

http://abc13.com/society/ouch-family-writes-brutal-obituary-for-local-man/1746919/

http://obit.carnesfuneralhome.com/leslie-ray-charping

Ouch!

But, you know what, Thackney?  I'll bet that family does better, having gotten that out and exposed it all to the light, than families that act bereaved and sad about the passing of someone who did so much harm.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I'm still trying to figure out how to not invite me to my funeral. :pondering:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
some of his associates, though not his family, have started to quietly put out word that they want a “McCain person” eventually appointed to fill his Senate seat, a roster that includes his wife, Cindy.

Because we have arrived at the point where nearly the entirely of the political caste in this country in both parties - thinks the seats belong to them and their bloodlines (ideological or actual) in perpetuity, ala a monarchy.

The concept of a Republic is long gone on these shores.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Silver Pines

@Sanguine

I don’t see anything to disagree with in your post.  Yes, there’s that tendency to try and whitewash people after they die.  I don’t believe in that, either, so I think it’s better to say little or nothing.

But the celebrating, the death pools—-I saw that kind of thing when Reagan died, and I always thought it was something specific to the left.  I’m not here for it, even if I get outed as the Dem plant.

Silver Pines

@skeeter

@Suppressed

His age might have something to do with it, too.  My husband’s grandmother once said that certain people become hard and bitter with age.

Offline DB

I don’t have any particular use nor liking for John McCain, but I’m not going to celebrate his death.  My mother taught me better.  It’s just politics, after all.  I’d at least have to know someone to despise him.

Besides that, I can’t help but think of Meghan McCain.  She’s about to lose her father.  I know, I know...she’s a fat bimbo who dissed Sarah Palin, so who cares, right?  Well, I’ve been there, and it’s a terrible place, so I can’t find it in me to yuck it up.  Y’all carry on, though.

It isn't just politics. His actions had consequences. From open borders to Obamacare that we all have to live with. No I don't wish him cancer or death. But he is what it he is and what he did should be a warning to others.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine

I don’t see anything to disagree with in your post.  Yes, there’s that tendency to try and whitewash people after they die.  I don’t believe in that, either, so I think it’s better to say little or nothing.

But the celebrating, the death pools—-I saw that kind of thing when Reagan died, and I always thought it was something specific to the left.  I’m not here for it, even if I get outed as the Dem plant.

Oh, we know who the Dem plant is, and it ain't you.

Yeah, I agree mostly with what you said.  A few minor points, but we can maybe work those out over time.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
To be fair, perhaps the Trump "disinvitation" is to honor Mrs. McCain's wishes.  (Completely aside from how anyone here feels about McCain) if someone had made the kind of insulting comments (which I think went beyond political slings and arrows) the President did about my husband, I would scratch his eyes out if he showed up to pay his "respects". 

Given the history between these two men, it seems kinder for everyone for the President not to attend.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Because we have arrived at the point where nearly the entirely of the political caste in this country in both parties - thinks the seats belong to them and their bloodlines (ideological or actual) in perpetuity, ala a monarchy.

The concept of a Republic is long gone on these shores.

If the concept of a Republic was long gone, we wouldn't be commenting negatively on that statement here.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Am I being a little gauche by thinking I'll be glad when he is buried, and forgotten?

The John McCain Death Tour is getting a little annoying.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Always go to other peoples funerals Once-ler.... otherwise they won't come to yours.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.