Author Topic: Financial Aid (Education) For Illegals Likely To Cost NJ Nearly $5 Million Per Year  (Read 1510 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
campus reform

Eduardo Neret
May 11, 2018 at 6:42 PM EDT

[excerpt]

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=10893

New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy signed legislation Wednesday allowing illegal immigrant students to receive in-state tuition and financial aid.

Under the new law, undocumented students will be eligible for any student financial aid program that is administered by New Jersey’s Higher Education Student Assistance Authority (HESAA) or the Secretary of Higher Education (OSHE), provided that they meet a set of specific requirements, Tap Into Newark reported.

"It encourages illegal immigration. That money could be used for U.S. citizens, permanent aliens, or folks in the country legally."   

According to the report, students seeking financial assistance under the new law must attend high school in New Jersey for three or more years, graduate or receive a high school equivalent degree, enroll in a public college or a university during or after the 2013-2014 academic year, and sign an affidavit indicating their intention to obtain a legal status.

[RELATED: Illegal immigrants demand guaranteed jobs from UC-Berkeley]
https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=10409
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I wonder if Murphy will make us miss Christie..

I actually have seen t shirts that have photos of Christie on them with "miss me yet??"  Underneath
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Concerned

I wonder if Murphy will make us miss Christie..

I actually have seen t shirts that have photos of Christie on them with "miss me yet??"  Underneath

Murphy's going to be a disaster IMO. He's a classic tax and spend liberal.  He’s already come out in favor of an increase in the sales tax, free tuition at county colleges, income tax increases for the wealthy, and taxing Uber, Lyft, and Airbnb. 

@Freya
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Suppressed

@Freya

sign an affidavit indicating their intention to obtain a legal status

Just an affidavit?!

wow.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline dfwgator

They voted for it.