Author Topic: California Considers Bill That Would Make Traditional Views on Sexuality Illegal  (Read 1478 times)

rangerrebew

California Considers Bill That Would Make Traditional Views on Sexuality Illegal

Monica Burke  April 23, 2018 / comments

A new bill in California claims to protect LGBT people, but actually limits their choices, censors speech, and infringes upon religious freedom.

AB 2943 would amend the California Consumer Legal Remedies Act—a consumer law that outlaws unfair and deceptive practices—by adding so-called “sexual orientation change efforts” to a list of banned practices. It would in effect ban all practices that the state deems attempting to change one’s sexual orientation—including practices as indirect as the publishing of certain material.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2018/04/23/anti-first-amendment-bill-poses-imminent-threat-in-california/?utm_source=TDS_Email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Top5&

rangerrebew

This would, of course, include the Bible.

Offline dfwgator

“I've just flown in from California, where they've made homosexuality legal. I thought I'd get out before they make it mandatory.”  - Bob Hope

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
How long before CA goes to Federal Court to attack people in other states?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
How long before CA goes to Federal Court to attack people in other states?

They don't have to.  The homo-mafia is busy forcing other states into this perverted bullshit via myriad avenues.

Like this one:

Illinois To Pass Law Forcing Public Schools to Teach LGBT History

The Illinois State Senate voted 34-18 on May 1 to require grade schools and high schools to teach LGBT history. The bill now goes to the Democrat-dominated House of Representatives, where it will likely pass without much opposition, Fox 59 reported.

The law, SB 3249, would force schools to add a unit to teach kids about the contributions of gays, lesbians, and other LGBT individuals.

The sponsor of the bill, Chicago Democrat Heather Steans, insists that teaching gay history is no different than requirements for teaching about blacks, Asians, and other minorities.

If the bill is passed, Illinois will become only the second state in the country to force schools to add units on LGBT history.

Brian Johnson, CEO of Equality Illinois, exclaimed, “There is no justice for LGBTQ people when we are erased from the study of history.” Therefore, she said, the new law is essential.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775