Author Topic: All May 2018 Music Thread  (Read 18027 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Re: Monday, May 7th, 2018 Music Thread.... All Music Is Welcomed!
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2018, 01:37:05 pm »
Birthdays today also include Chris White, bassist and one of the two songwriters in the Zombies . . .

The Zombies, "I'll Call You Mine"

! No longer available

The Zombies, "Beechwood Park"

! No longer available

The Zombies, "Changes"

! No longer available

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Monday, May 7th, 2018 Music Thread.... All Music Is Welcomed!
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2018, 05:28:27 pm »
http://www.hillbilly-music.com/artists/index.php

A few country music related birthdays,

Lorrie Collins, apparently, a part of the talented Collins kids, for kids of that age, playing instruments, that was something. Here she is singing with Rick Nelson:
! No longer available
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Collins_Kids
Singing "Young Love":
! No longer available

Also, Riley Puckett,  "Chain Gang Blues":
! No longer available

Offline TomSea

May 8th, 2018 Music Thread, All Music Welcomed.
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2018, 03:46:37 am »
May 8th, 2018 Music Thread, All Music Welcomed.

https://www.onthisday.com/music/birthdays/may/8
http://www.thisdayinmusic.com/born_today

Just a few birthdays today.
Robert Johnson, "Travelling Riverside Blues":
! No longer available

Gary Snyder, aka Japhy Ryder, beatnik poet, "Dharma Bums", a book named that of course, written by Jack Keroac, Japhy Ryder, a character in it:
! No longer available

Ricky Nelson, "Garden Party":
! No longer available

John Fred Gourrier of John Fred and his Playboys, "Judy In Disguise":
! No longer available
"Shirley":
! No longer available

Jim "Motorhead" Sherwood, Mothers of Invention, "Vito Rocks The Floor":
! No longer available

Paul Samwell-Smith, bass for the Yardbirds, "For Your Love":
! No longer available

Toni Tennille, Captain and Tennille and also listed at link "female beachboy", "Medley With BeachBoys":
! No longer available
With the Captain, "Do That To Me One More Time":
! No longer available

Keith Jarrett, Jazz piano, "Somewhere Over The Rainbow":
! No longer available

Dame Felicity Lott, England, "Porgi, amor"; Le nozze di Figaro"; Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart"
! No longer available

Danny Whitten, Crazy Horse, subject of song, "Needle and the Damage Done" by Neil Young:
! No longer available

Bill Legend, don't most of these seem like drummers, for T-Rex, "Bang A Gong":
! No longer available

Chris Frantz, drummer, Talking Heads, "Take Me To The River":
! No longer available

Philip Bailey, Earth, Wind and Fire, "Easy Lover" with Phil Collins:
! No longer available

Billy Burnette, Fleetwood Mac, "Oh Well":
! No longer available

Alex Van Halen, drummer, Van Halen, "Dance The Night Away":
! No longer available

Eric Brittingham, big hair band, Cinderella, "Somebody Save Me":
! No longer available

David Rowntree, Blur, "Country House":
! No longer available

Enrique Iglesias, "Bailamos", "we dance", pretty basic Spanish:
! No longer available

Joe Bonamassa, "I'll Play The Blues For You":
! No longer available

That's most of 'em!

Offline pookie18

• TBR Contributor
Re: May 8th, 2018 Music Thread, All Music Welcomed.
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2018, 10:58:19 am »
Birthday related...

Paul Samwell-Smith-Yardbirds:

! No longer available

Ricky Nelson:

! No longer available

! No longer available

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2018, 04:40:25 pm »
When I got the blues bite as a fourteen-year-old, two of the first blues albums I bought were Robert Johnson's posthumous anthologies, King of the Delta Blues Singers and King of the Delta Blues Singers Vol. II. I thought then and I still think now that this music couldn't possibly have been of this world. I got why Eric Clapton said later, "Up until I was about 24, if you didn't know who Robert Johnson was I wouldn't talk to you." I was much the same way, the music was that powerful to me. And still is, though I won't hold it against someone if they don't know who he was.

Happy birthday in blues heaven, Robert Johnson.

Robert Johnson, King of the Delta Blues Singers

! No longer available

Robert Johnson, King of the Delta Blues Singers Vol. II

! No longer available

Since the YouTuber who posted the first album didn't see fit to use its original artwork up top, here it is:

(Just what Columbia Records had in mind with "Thesaurus of Classic Jazz" I have no idea, since it might have been a planned series but it never came to fruit. Robert Johnson's connection to jazz is that the legendary talent scout/producer John Hammond, Sr. sought him out to include him in his planned 1938 Carnegie Hall concert, Spirituals to Swing, a kind of live presentation of jazz history and jazz's influences, only to discover the hard way that Johnson was recently dead. It prompted Hammond to reach for Big Bill Broonzy to take Johnson's planned place, and it helped make Broonzy a blues star.)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2018, 02:27:46 am »
Very nice discourse on Robert Johnson @EasyAce 

Thanks for that.

Offline TomSea

Wednesday, May 9th, 2018 Music Thread... All Music Is Welcomed!
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2018, 03:45:43 am »
Wednesday, May 9th, 2018 Music Thread...

https://www.onthisday.com/music/birthdays/may/9

We will check a few birthdays,

Born on this day, in 1914,  Canadian Hank Snow (Brooklyn, Nova Scotia), "I'm moving on".  I think some of us might know the Rolling Stones cover of this song:
! No longer available
! No longer available

Connie Russell, "Love You Know Nothing About", written by Gen Pitney:
! No longer available

Nokie Edwards of the Ventures who passed on a few weeks ago, "Walk Don't Run":
! No longer available

Dave Prater of Sam and Dave! "Soul Man":
! No longer available

Sonny Curtis of the Crickets, "More Than I Can Say":
! No longer available
He wrote "Love Is All Around", the theme to the Mary Tyler Moore show.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonny_Curtis

Danny Rapp of Danny and the Juniors, "At The Hop":
! No longer available
"Sometimes When I'm Alone":
! No longer available
I see these kinds of videos for a few of the oldies, kind of nice.

Pete Birrel, bass for Freddy and the Dreamers, "I'm Telling You Now":
! No longer available

So, quite a few of the oldies today, including Tommy Roe, "Dizzy":
! No longer available
"Sorry I'm Late Lisa", sung by Tommy Roe and Sandy Posey, more of the rarities variety.
! No longer available

Bruce Milner of Every Mother's Son, "Come On Down To My Boat":
! No longer available
First Album:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbGQevQ0A8o&list=PL5B3F48BC1B2E6282

Richie Furay of Buffalo Springfield, Poco and other groups.  Souther, Hillman, Furay with "Fallin' In Love":
! No longer available

Don Dannemann of Cyrkle with "Red Rubber Ball", written by Simon and Garfunkel:
! No longer available

Steve Katz, Blood, Sweat and Tears, "I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know":
! No longer available

Quite a few today, none-other than the Piano Man, Billy Joel,  performing "Piano Man" here with Sir Elton John:
! No longer available

Tom Peterson, bass, Cheap Trick, "Surrender":
! No longer available

Just two more,  John Edwards of Status Quo, "Pictures of Matchstick Men":
! No longer available

Dave Gahan of Depeche Mode, "Strangelove":
! No longer available

Offline pookie18

• TBR Contributor
Re: Wednesday, May 9th, 2018 Music Thread... All Music Is Welcomed!
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2018, 08:46:36 am »
Birthday related....

Nokie Edwards-Ventures:

! No longer available

Dave Prater-Sam & Dave:

! No longer available

Pete Birrell-Freddie & The Dreamers:

! No longer available

Tommy Roe:

! No longer available

Richie Furay-Buffalo Springfield:

! No longer available

Steve Katz-Blood Sweat & Tears:

! No longer available

Offline EasyAce

Re: Wednesday, May 9th, 2018 Music Thread... All Music Is Welcomed!
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2018, 06:55:15 pm »
Richie Furay of Buffalo Springfield, Poco and other groups.  Souther, Hillman, Furay with "Fallin' In Love":
! No longer available

Trivia: Neil Young wasn't all that confident in his singing when Buffalo Springfield cut their first album; he wrote five songs for the album, but he handed the lead vocal chores on three to Richie Furay:

Buffalo Springfield, "Nowadays Clancy Can't Even Sing"

! No longer available

Buffalo Springfield, "Flying on the Ground is Wrong"

! No longer available

Buffalo Springfield, "Do I Have to Come Right Out and Say It"

! No longer available
(This song, by the way, was the B-side of their first single, "For What It's Worth.")

Richie Furay went on to write one of Buffalo Springfield's most affecting songs . . .

Buffalo Springfield, "Kind Woman"

! No longer available

. . . and often featured it in Poco's live performances while he was the leader of the group. Furay also wrote the title track of Poco's first album, a song that spoke of Buffalo Springfield's collapse and became Poco's signature song for a long enough time . . .

Poco, "Pickin' up the Pieces"

! No longer available

Poco began as what was left of Buffalo Springfield after Young and Stephen Stills took a hike before their third album, Last Time Around, was finished. Furay and Springfield bassist Jim Messina (he'd replaced Bruce Palmer after their second and best album, Again) finished the album with a guest, Rusty Young, one of the few pedal steel guitarists willing to work on the rock and roll side of the street. The three felt comfortable enough working together that Young decided to stick with the two soon-to-be-ex-Springfielders for their next project, and he even convinced them to hire drummer/singer George Grantham. They brought in future Eagles bassist/vocalist Randy Meisner to complete the new lineup. They thought of calling it Pogo until cartoonist Walt Kelly decided not so fast, boys, prompting them to change the name to Poco before a Kelly lawsuit could go past the filing stage.

Getting Poco a recording contract took something similar to a baseball trade to make happen: On the Poco side, Randy Meisner, Rusty Young, and George Grantham hadn't had any kind of recording deals previously, but Richie Furay and Jim Messina were tied to Atlantic's Atco label as Springfield members. Enter David Geffen, then a talent agent and manager, who was trying to resolve a similar issue involving the newly formed Crosby, Stills & Nash---Atlantic wanted the new trio and they already had Stills by way of the Springfield, but both David Crosby and Graham Nash were tied to Columbia and its subsidiary Epic thanks to their previous memberships in, respectively, the Byrds and the Hollies. Geffen hunkered down with then-Columbia president Clive Davis and they agreed on a deal---Furay's and Messina's contracts would be traded to Columbia/Epic in exchange for Columbia sending those of Crosby and Nash to Atlantic.
(The player to be named later, of course, was Neil Young, who had a solo deal of his own with Reprise, but Young joining CS&N was no issue since Young, too, had the Springfield tie to Atlantic.)

So Poco signed to Epic. And right away they ran into the issue that would dog them their entire career---lineup changes. Randy Meisner left the group either during or after completion of their debut album, Pickin' up the Pieces---he didn't like that Jim Messina, who had produced the final Buffalo Springfield album and was producing Poco, refused to let other band members be part of the final mixing of the album. Meisner joined Rick Nelson's band before falling in with the players who eventually called themselves the Eagles. His replacement was another future Eagle, Timothy B. Schmit, who arrived in time for their second, eponymous album. Both albums drew powerful reviews but sold little; in 1969-70 their more explicit country-rock hybrid was still ahead of its time. (The Flying Burrito Brothers, the band Gram Parsons formed after leaving the Byrds, had something of the same issue, though both bands were strong concert draws.)

Messina convinced Poco to make their third album a live album, considering the band's strength as a concert attraction . . . and they daringly made it mostly new material. The ploy worked; the album pulled up just short of the top 25, but Messina decided to leave when he realised Furay was asserting himself too strongly as the group's leader and chief songwriter. His replacement was former Illinois Speed Press guitarist Paul Cotton. In a rarity in Poco's career, this lineup hung in for three more studio albums before Furay himself decided he'd had enough of a band who was getting rave reviews and had built a consistent audience for live performances but couldn't sell records. By the time Poco eventually had their big hit single, "Crazy Love," Rusty Young was the only original member left. Just before that single and its album Legend, Schmit left Poco---when the Eagles invited him to step in and succeed, ironically enough, Randy Meisner. Unlike the earlier departures of Meisner, Messina, and Furay, Schmit not only left Poco on good terms, the band actually stopped just short of threatening to kill him if he didn't accept the Eagles' offer.

They never duplicated their "Crazy Love" success, though Schmit returned to the group after the Eagles collapsed in the early 1980s. The band soldiered on with the usual lineup shifts until the original quintet---Furay, Messina, Young, Meisner, and Grantham---reunited in 1989 for the first time since early 1969. And hit the jackpot: "Call It Love" went top twenty. The lineup didn't stay together, but Rusty Young, Paul Cotton, and George Grantham kept the band going until Grantham's stroke in 2004. In the last decade, Poco has been Young, Cotton, bassist/singer Jack Sundrud, and drummer George Lawrence, at least until Cotton left at last to be replaced by keyboardsman Mike Webb (in 2010) and Young decided to retire from full-time touring in 2014.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 06:56:07 pm by EasyAce »

Offline TomSea

Thursday, May 10th, 2018 Music Thread.... Welcoming All Music!
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2018, 04:13:04 am »
Thursday, May 10th, 2018 Music Thread.... Welcoming All Music!

https://www.onthisday.com/music/birthdays/may/10

A few birthdays today, born on this day in history:

Famous for music scores, Dimitri Tiomkin,  born in Russia,
"The Guns of Navarone":
! No longer available
"The Alamo":
! No longer available
And a whole lot more...I know I've watched movies and then it will mention his name for the soundtrack, older movies.

Herbert Elwell, "The Suffolk Owl":
! No longer available

Fred Astaire, big star,  dancer of course, "Put It On The Ritz" (or is it 'putting on the ritz):
! No longer available

Englishman, Bert Weedon, "Guitar Boogie Shuffle", influenced a number of the well known British guitarists with his instruction courses, "how to play guitar in a day":
! No longer available

Maybelle Carter, matriarch of the Carter family, some of their songs, I don't know it well but are very good, mother of June Carter, Johnny Cash's (2nd) wife:
"Wildwood Flower", that's their signature tune:
! No longer available
With the Carter sisters, "Maple on the Hill", pretty sharp and mellow:
! No longer available

Larry Williams, "Dizzy, Miss Lizzy":
! No longer available
"Bonie Maronie", he wrote it and performed it:
! No longer available
Also, "She Said Yeah" and many others.

Julius Wechter, he wrote "Spanish Flea", popularized by Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass, also leader of the Baja Marimba band who were also on A & M records. Here performing "Brasilia":
! No longer available
Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass had such a popularity in the 1960s, they inspired copycat type bands also playing that Latin Beat, well, Herb incorporated that often in his music, the central theme I'd say. I'll have to cue up some of the Baja Marimba Band.

Dave Mason, "We Just Disagree":
! No longer available

We already have a ton of good music and there's been so much news today and yesterday to keep up with.... but let's see....

Jackie Lomax, first act signed to Apple Records, here performing the George Harrison song, "Sour Milk Sea":
! No longer available
"The Eagle Laughs At You":
! No longer available

Donovan, "Sunshine Superman":
! No longer available
"Catch The Wind":
! No longer available

Graham Gouldman, of 10CC and other bands (The Crevattes?),  "The Things We Do For Love":
! No longer available

Jay Ferguson, who was in Spirit and apparently, Jo Jo Gunne as well performing "Run, Run, Run":
! No longer available

Darn, still, a few well known names to come....

Sly Dunbar, of Sly and Robbie (Shakespeare) fame, reggae, dub music, worked with Black Uhuru and others.  Here doing "Chill Out" with Black Uhuru:
! No longer available

John Simon Ritchie was born, that's Sid Vicious of the Sex Pistols, "Anarchy In The UK":
! No longer available

And Paul Hewson was born in Ireland, that's Bono of U2! "Where The Streets Have No Name":
! No longer available

Perhaps more to add on later, that's quite a few well known names there!

Okay, Bono, surely deserves a 2nd video, let's see...."I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For":
! No longer available

Maybe some have their favorite (favourite for our UK/Ireland readers) U2 song, I do like "Sunday, Bloody Sunday", it's just not as upbeat as the two posted.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 04:56:01 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

Re: Thursday, May 10th 2018 Music Thread.... Welcoming All Music!
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2018, 04:18:42 am »

U2 is sort of like one of the last major rock bands, I mean chronologically it seems,  one can say Oasis I suppose and it's really not something that one can define. I'm not into their music that much though I do know it fairly well.

It seems Bono does a lot of good things, maybe one can find some negatives, I'm sure they exist.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 04:56:54 am by TomSea »

Offline pookie18

• TBR Contributor
Re: Thursday, May 10th, 2018 Music Thread.... Welcoming All Music!
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2018, 08:50:48 am »
Birthday related...

Larry Williams:

! No longer available

Danny Rapp:

! No longer available

! No longer available

Arthur Alexander:

! No longer available

Donovan:

! No longer available

Offline TomSea

Re: Thursday, May 10th, 2018 Music Thread.... Welcoming All Music!
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2018, 02:51:27 pm »

With A Knick-knack paddywhack,
Give the dog a bone,
This old man came rolling home.
! No longer available
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 03:04:07 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

Friday, May 11th 2018 Music Thread, All Music Welcomed!
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2018, 03:53:03 am »
Friday, May 11th 2018 Music Thread.

We will look at a few birthdays,
https://www.onthisday.com/music/birthdays/may/11

In 1888, Irving Berlin was born in Russia on this day...."Blue Skies":
! No longer available

Composer, William Grant Still born in 1895 in Mississippi: Afro-American Symphony - I. Moderato Assai
! No longer available

Also, it's Eric Burden's birthday, "It's My Life", clearly, we have many hits associated with this fellow:
! No longer available

Les Chadwick of Gerry and the Pacemakers, "How Do You Do It":
! No longer available

Mark Herndon, country drummer, Alabama, "Song of the South"
! No longer available
Herndon was born in Massachusetts, I doubt if the whole band is like that. Commercially, successful band.

So, not as many as yesterday, but will add more later....

Butch Trucks, drummer, Allman Brothers, "Blue Sky":
! No longer available

For fun, Joan Baez singing Bob Dylan's "Walls of Redwing", it is some song. Wikipedia does state that it is styled after some sort of traditional song in the UK, Dylan learned about while visiting England.
! No longer available
"Dylan based "Walls of Red Wing" on the traditional Scottish folk ballad "The Road and the Miles to Dundee", which he may have learned during his trip to London in early 1963, from other aspiring folk singers, such as Martin Carthy.[1]"

Offline pookie18

• TBR Contributor
Re: Friday, May 11th 2018 Music Thread, All Music Welcomed!
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2018, 08:44:22 am »
Birthday related...

Arnie Silver-Dovells:

! No longer available

Eric Burden-Animals:

! No longer available

Les Chadwick-Gerry & The Pacemakers:

! No longer available

Offline TomSea

Weekend Music Thread, May 12th-13th, 2018, all music welcomed!
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2018, 03:42:52 am »
Weekend Music Thread, May 12th-13th, 2018, all music welcomed!

https://www.onthisday.com/music/birthdays/may/12

We will look at a few birthdays for this weekend, Sunday is better, but I will do Saturday's...

Burt Bacharach was born on this day in history, "What The World Needs Now":
! No longer available
Wrote "Casino Royale" (with Hal David),
! No longer available
"I Say A Little Prayer" and many others.

Norman Whitfield, helped write or co-write some Motown songs such as "Heard It Through The Grapevine" and "War" as sung by Edwin Starr:
! No longer available
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_written_by_Norman_Whitfield

Ian Dury of Ian Dury and the Blockheads,

David Walkes of Gary Lewis and the Playboys,

We are on some of these birthdays for the 2nd time,  it's been over a year I think.

Billy Swann, "I Can Help":
! No longer available
The Billy Swann from Rush Limbaugh's hometown of Cape Girardeau, is it already a year ago, I found that out and even wrote Rush about it?

James Purify of James and Bobby Purify who had the hit, "I'm Your Puppet", only peaked at #12:
! No longer available

Billy Squier, "Lonely Is The Night":
! No longer available

Barry Birdin, Molly Hatchet, "Flirtin' With Disaster":
! No longer available

Eric Singer, joined KISS in 1992 as their drummer:
! No longer available

And for fun, non-birthday related, on the Lawrence Welk show, they performed "One Toke Over The Line", I had no idea and it is real.
! No longer available

The original which I'm sure everyone knows, it really gets a lot of airplay nowadays. 2 guys, the birthday lists totally miss if I am not mistaken:
! No longer available

I have heard some of their other songs, "Platte River", "Tarkio Road", it was good.

"Song For Platte River"
! No longer available

« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 04:09:32 am by TomSea »

Offline EasyAce

Re: Weekend Music Thread, May 12th-13th, 2018, all music welcomed!
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2018, 01:49:20 pm »
Birthdays today include Gordon Jenkins, jazz and pop arranger/songwriter who among other things wrote Benny Goodman's longtime closing theme . . .

Benny Goodman & His Orchestra, "Goodbye"

! No longer available

. . . Henry Cosby, one of the Motown stable of songwriters who helped a certain boy wonder with a couple of hits under his belt write his first song---and a number three hit at that---after the kid toured opening for the Rolling Stones, fell in love with the driving beat of "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction," and was struggling to develop something similar of his own . . .

Stevie Wonder, "Uptight (Everything's Alright)"

! No longer available

. . . Klaus Doldinger, German jazz saxophonist/keyboardsman who led Passport for many years . . .

Passport, "Albatross Song"

! No longer available

. . . Ian McLagen, keyboards for the Small Faces/Faces . . .

! No longer available

. . . Steve Winwood, one-of-a-kind British musician, songwriter, and singer who began with the Spencer Davis Group as a teenager . . .

The Spencer Davis Group, "I'm a Man"

! No longer available

. . . before forming and re-forming his own multi-headed Traffic . . .

Traffic, "Glad"

! No longer available

. . . and forging a successful solo career . . .

Steve Winwood, "Back in the High Life"

! No longer available

Offline pookie18

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2018, 02:22:49 pm »
Weekend birthdays...

James Purify:

! No longer available

Jayotis Washington-Persuasions:

! No longer available

Steve Winwood:

! No longer available

! No longer available

David Walker-Gary Lewis & The Playboys:

! No longer available

Richard Brooks-Impressions:

! No longer available

! No longer available

Ritchie Valens:

! No longer available

Mary Wells:

! No longer available

! No longer available

! No longer available

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2018, 02:33:54 pm »
Sunday, 13 May birthdays include Gil Evans, the clever jazz arranger whose greatest collaboration was with Miles Davis . . .

Miles Davis, "New Rhumba"

! No longer available

Miles Davis, "Solea"

! No longer available

. . . Red Garland, bluesy jazz pianist with the first great Miles Davis Quintet (1950s) and as a leader in his own right . . .

Red Gardland, "Skinny's Blues"

! No longer available

. . . Overend Watts, bassist for Mott the Hoople . . .

Mott the Hoople, "All the Way From Memphis"

! No longer available

. . . Toy Caldwell, the original lead guitarist/leader of the Marshall Tucker Band . . .

The Marshall Tucker Band, "24 Hours at a Time"

! No longer available

. . . Danny Kirwan, guitarist and Peter Green's protege in the original Fleetwood Mac, when they began life as a blues group . . .

Fleetwood Mac, "Like It This Way"

! No longer available

. . . one of a kind: Stevie Wonder (born Steveland Morris) . . .

Stevie Wonder, "He's Misstra Know It All"

! No longer available

Stevie Wonder, "Another Star"

! No longer available

. . . Paul Thompson, drummer for Roxy Music . . .

Roxy Music, "The Bogus Man"

! No longer available

. . . country star Lari White . . .

Lari White, "Now I Know"

! No longer available

. . . Darius Rucker, today a country performer but in the 1990s the voice and leader of Hootie & the Blowfish . . .

Hootie & the Blowfish, "Only Wanna Be With You"

! No longer available
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 02:34:51 pm by EasyAce »

Offline pookie18

• TBR Contributor

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2018, 01:59:02 am »
Jimmy Herring Band - Matt's Funk

! No longer available

Since I Been Loving You

! No longer available
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 01:59:58 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline TomSea

« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2018, 02:27:03 am »
Thanks to @To-Whose-Benefit?  for posting.

Back to the b-day theme, 13 May,

Richie Valens,

"Come On Let's Go"
! No longer available

Danny Kirwan with the 1968-72 Fleetwood Mac band, "Albatross"
! No longer available

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2018, 02:55:28 am »

@TomSea

The pleasure was mine sir, and thank you.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline TomSea

« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2018, 07:27:17 pm »
http://www.hillbilly-music.com/artists/index.php

A few country and western birthdays,

Jack Anglin, who sang with Johnny Wright, see below.... "Johnnie and Jacky"...
! No longer available
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Anglin
Anglin married Louise Wright in 1933; they were 17 and 16 years old respectively. Their 30-year marriage ended with Jack's death on March 8, 1963. The couple had a son, Terry. Driving alone to attend a memorial service for Patsy Cline not far from his home, he rounded a bend in Madison, Tennessee at a high speed and died in the ensuing crash[2]

Johnny Wright, distinguished for a number songs, along with "Hello Vietnam", as used in "Full Metaljacket"...
! No longer available

Also,  Terry Fell, singer and songwriter of the very popular trucking tune, "Truck Driving Man":
! No longer available
Many have recorded the song, including here, Glen Campbell and the Green River Boys:
! No longer available

Terry Fell also performed the song "Fa So La"... which, would be interesting to see if anyone else has heard this phrase...this version, Terry Fell wrote....
! No longer available

And then, it must be a bit of a traditional song because the Inspirations also sang a version, the two songs seem distantly similar..."It was way deep down South during the Reconstruction days when everybody needed help in every kind of way...."
! No longer available

Fa So La

Offline TomSea

« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2018, 07:31:34 pm »
"I Stand Upon The Rock Of Ages"- Inspirations.

! No longer available
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 07:50:13 pm by TomSea »