Author Topic: Daniel Miller on Fox Business Th 4/19  (Read 1879 times)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Daniel Miller on Fox Business Th 4/19
« on: April 19, 2018, 12:20:36 am »
Great news! I'm going to be in Varney & Co on the Fox Business Channel LIVE tomorrow morning (4/18) at 10am to talk TEXIT.
Daniel Miller
President
Texas Nationalist Movement 

My fondest with- The Republic of Texas! I'll be watching. ^-^
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline thackney

Re: Daniel Miller on Fox Business Th 4/19
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 12:07:24 pm »
Great!  Thanks for Sharing.  If there is an online story or video, please post the link when available.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 12:15:07 pm »
Great news! I'm going to be in Varney & Co on the Fox Business Channel LIVE tomorrow morning (4/18) at 10am to talk TEXIT.
Daniel Miller
President
Texas Nationalist Movement 

My fondest with- The Republic of Texas! I'll be watching. ^-^

Austingirl, before I say anything, do you know Dan personally?

Offline austingirl

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 03:06:53 pm »
Austingirl, before I say anything, do you know Dan personally?

No, I don't. but I support a Texas Republic. I know there were prior ROT movements that ended badly.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 03:35:18 pm »
No, I don't. but I support a Texas Republic. I know there were prior ROT movements that ended badly.

Ok, I didn't want to say anything bad if you were dating him or something. I grew up with him and his ex wife is still a close friend. Let's just say he is not a horse you want pulling your cart. I wouldn't trust him to weed my garden. And a couple of those other prior failed movements were his.

Offline thackney

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 03:44:39 pm »
...there were prior ROT movements that ended badly.

That is putting it mildly.

...The movement split into three factions in 1996, one led by McLaren, one by David Johnson and Jesse Enloe, and the third by Archie Lowe and Daniel Miller. In 1997, McLaren and his followers kidnapped Joe and Margaret Ann Rowe, held them hostage at the Davis Mountain Resort, and demanded the release of a movement member in exchange for the release of the Rowes. McLaren's wife, Evelyn, convinced him to surrender peacefully after a week-long standoff with police and Texas Rangers. McLaren and four other Republic of Texas members were sent to prison. Two other members of the group, Richard F. Keyes III and Mike Matson managed to slip away. Matson was shot dead by Texas Rangers two days later, while Keyes surrendered to the authorities on September 19. In June 1998, Keyes was convicted of burglary with intent to commit aggravated assault and sentenced to 90 years in prison....

Offline austingirl

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2018, 03:46:02 pm »
https://texasnationalist.com/?id=2&utm_source=The%20TNM&utm_campaign=5bf89a9ebd-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_04_18&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_244a299551-5bf89a9ebd-320761913&goal=0_244a299551-5bf89a9ebd-320761913&mc_cid=5bf89a9ebd&mc_eid=9723b16269

The interview isn't posted yet but it should be available here.

Biggest takeaway Judge Napolitano told Varney that 2/3 of the congress and 3/4 of state legislatures are required to give permission for a State to leave the Union. Miller states that is not true and that the Constitution is silent on secession which then gives the power to the States under the Tenth Amendment. Miller further explained that when Brexit happened, the approval of the other Euro states was not required. The Texas Constitution gives the power to abolish their form of government to the people of Texas.

My opinion- If you can't leave a union, it is not a union but rather slavery. We all know what happened when Lincoln shredded the Constitution and State's Rights.

It's galling that California is given credence about their efforts and Texas is not.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 03:49:39 pm »

Was that Daniel Miller the father of the leader of TNM? I know there was also a scam involving illegitimate Texas currency. Too bad these past events affect people's perception of the current effort.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2018, 04:07:51 pm »
Judge Napolitano bases his opinion on a SC opinion (that I didn't hear if he named) to the effect that a State leaving the union is akin to amending the Constitution so would require the 2/3 of congress and 3/4 of the States approval.

I think that is specious. Was the Constitution amended each time a State joined the Union? Did 2/3 of congress and 3/4 of the States approve their admittance?

Offline thackney

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2018, 04:24:09 pm »
Was that Daniel Miller the father of the leader of TNM? I know there was also a scam involving illegitimate Texas currency. Too bad these past events affect people's perception of the current effort.

I believe it is the same Daniel Miller.  The TNM web site says Daniel has been in the fight for an Independent Texas since 1996.

Offline thackney

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2018, 04:28:05 pm »
Judge Napolitano bases his opinion on a SC opinion (that I didn't hear if he named) to the effect that a State leaving the union is akin to amending the Constitution so would require the 2/3 of congress and 3/4 of the States approval.

I think that is specious. Was the Constitution amended each time a State joined the Union? Did 2/3 of congress and 3/4 of the States approve their admittance?

U.S. Constitution › Article IV
Article IV
Section 3.

New states may be admitted by the Congress into this union; but no new states shall be formed or erected within the jurisdiction of any other state; nor any state be formed by the junction of two or more states, or parts of states, without the consent of the legislatures of the states concerned as well as of the Congress.

The Congress shall have power to dispose of and make all needful rules and regulations respecting the territory or other property belonging to the United States; and nothing in this Constitution shall be so construed as to prejudice any claims of the United States, or of any particular state.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2018, 04:40:04 pm »

Re: 
Keyes was convicted of burglary with intent to commit aggravated assault and sentenced to 90 years in prison.

Just curious - do people usually get 90 years for that type of crime?  I know aggravated rape, for instance, doesn't get that kind of sentence.  I wonder why this was considered to be so much more egregious.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2018, 04:48:49 pm »
Texas Nationalist Movement[edit] Wiki

The Texas Nationalist Movement (TNM), headed by Daniel Miller, evolved from one of the factions of the old Republic of Texas in the late 1990s to early 2000s.[19][20] However, the organization has disassociated itself from the Republic of Texas and the tactics of McLaren, instead opting for more political rather than confrontational or violent solution.[19] The group has county-level groups in most parts of the state.[21]

According to its website, the objective of the Texas Nationalist Movement is "the complete, total and unencumbered political, cultural and economic independence of Texas".[22] Unlike its predecessor, TNM claims to work peaceably[23] with the current political system, and to reject use of force to achieve its goals.[20][23] TNM is an unincorporated association under the laws of the State of Texas.[20] The organization focuses on political support and advocacy, and education surrounding the issue of secession.[20] In January 2013, members of the TNM rallied at the state capital in Austin to promote the resolution, resulting in one mention of secession by one lawmaker on the opening day of the legislative session.[13] In May 2016, the Texas GOP narrowly rejected bringing a resolution for secession to a floor vote at the 2016 Texas Republican Convention.[24]

Offline thackney

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2018, 04:57:46 pm »
Re: 
Just curious - do people usually get 90 years for that type of crime?  I know aggravated rape, for instance, doesn't get that kind of sentence.  I wonder why this was considered to be so much more egregious.

A bit more to it than that short description.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1997/10/26/republic-of-texas-member-recalls-his-four-months-on-the-run/301db740-4398-4efb-b138-3f8dfe9aa76a/?utm_term=.0c497c971de9

...Keyes, from St. Marys, Kan., was a member of the Republic of Texas militia group that tried to liberate Texas from the United States this past spring. He was the only one of 13 militia members to get away after a week-long standoff with the authorities in Fort Davis, Tex....

...Keyes was captured unarmed in September, walking along a farm road about 55 miles north of Houston. He was charged with organized criminal activity and two counts of aggravated kidnapping with a deadly weapon.

During the Republic of Texas standoff, Keyes helped take two persons hostage on April 27, according to police. Keyes denies this charge, not by saying he didn't do it but by saying it was a perfectly legal thing to do in a state of war. The Republic of Texas, he said, had declared war against the United States, Texas and the United Nations....

...When the standoff ended May 3 with the surrender of the other militia members, Keyes and Mike Matson fled into the woods, through terrain that they had booby-trapped for police. Matson, 48, was shot two days later in a gun battle. Keyes escaped....

Offline austingirl