Author Topic: Poll: Cruz lead over Dem challenger down to 3 points  (Read 7292 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Poll: Cruz lead over Dem challenger down to 3 points
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2018, 09:35:09 pm »
I'll give Paddy Austin and El Paso.

Yep and Harris Co. (houston) and Dallas Co (dallas)  would round out the rats strongholds.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online corbe

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2018, 09:36:37 pm »
Actually @corbe It may astonish you, but @TomSea has made more sense lately than a lot of other people.

Hey, you wanted me back ... now you have to deal with me.

Damn right I wanted you back, I missed you and I realize everyone needs a Sabbatical from this excellent Forum from time to time.
   I like @TomSea but I've given him room of late because he believes, like @Frank Cannon, that I'm an unsupervised, unintelligent azzhole. Most times I'm OK with that but Tom and I are fellow Moderators over in Music, it gets messy at times due to NTism.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2018, 09:37:51 pm »
   He'll definitely take Bexar County also (SanTonio).
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2018, 09:38:16 pm »
Yep and Harris Co. (houston) and Dallas Co (dallas)  would round out the rats strongholds.

Which are very high population areas so he needs to do more work on GOTV efforts in the rest of the State.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2018, 09:44:15 pm »
I would not dismiss the poll out of hand:  Polarizing candidate in his own party, first midterm for a horrible President, and a state with rapidly shifting demographics.  Trump won the retired voters (some of whom are now dead) by 29 points and lost among those younger than 45.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2018, 10:05:39 pm »
Work like you are 20 points down. Take nothing for granted and never be complacent.

:amen:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2018, 10:27:11 pm »
There's no room for complacency in this election, but there's no reason for angst or despair.

The media will pick up this story and run with it over and over and over again .... each time trying to make it appear as though it's a new report; each time trying to pour water into that fictitious "blue wave".

Don't fall prey to it. Keep working for the Senator's reelection any and all ways you can.   We didn't believe they media crap in November 2016, let's not give them the credibility they don't deserve in November 2018.

Offline DB

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2018, 10:44:53 pm »
There's no room for complacency in this election, but there's no reason for angst or despair.

The media will pick up this story and run with it over and over and over again .... each time trying to make it appear as though it's a new report; each time trying to pour water into that fictitious "blue wave".

Don't fall prey to it. Keep working for the Senator's reelection any and all ways you can.   We didn't believe they media crap in November 2016, let's not give them the credibility they don't deserve in November 2018.

Has Trump changed his mind on getting rid of Cruz?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2018, 10:52:53 pm »

Have you lost yours?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2018, 10:55:41 pm »
Looks like the GOP should send Mitt Romney in to run for that seat since Cruz is looking to lose. He'll save the day.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2018, 11:00:00 pm »
Looks like the GOP should send Mitt Romney in to run for that seat since Cruz is looking to lose. He'll save the day.

Hi Ho Mormon and away!   
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online corbe

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2018, 11:03:53 pm »
   Yes, Cruz realized his wagon was already hitched for his upcoming re election so he gave up his alter Ego

and opted for this instead.

He'll be back.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2018, 11:09:45 pm »
   Yes, Cruz realized his wagon was already hitched for his upcoming re election so he gave up his alter Ego

The only person you can blame for a poor showing in an election is the candidate. Abbott did well there. Trump did well there. Cruz....not so much it looks.

Online corbe

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2018, 11:17:44 pm »
   He's running in a party that has abandoned Conservative principles since Goldwater, incrementally, @Frank Cannon
   He didn't leave the party, it has never been his to begin with, just a political vehicle, and Trumps election proves it.

EDITED:  Trump got his azz whupped in Texas, incidentally.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 11:19:40 pm by corbe »

Online libertybele

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2018, 11:18:12 pm »

Bingo.  That is my thought as well.  We know darn well, that Trump, the GOPe, the RNC, the NRSC and the DEMS would like nothing more than to get rid of Cruz. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2018, 11:18:45 pm »
   He's running in a party that has abandoned Conservative principles since Goldwater, incrementally, @Frank Cannon
   He didn't leave the party, it has never been his to begin with, just a political vehicle, and Trumps election proves it.

:beer: :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DB

« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2018, 11:21:36 pm »
Have you lost yours?

Somebody did... Can you guess who?

“He said with the being a Canadian citizen, he said, ‘Oh I didn’t know that.’ How did he not know that? Then he said with the loans, ‘Oh, I didn’t know that,’ Smart guy. He doesn’t know that? Yeah, that’s worse than Hillary when you think about it,” Trump said of Cruz on Jan. 20.

“You are the single biggest liar. You probably are worse than Jeb Bush,” Trump told Cruz at a primary debate on Feb. 13. “Nasty guy. Now I know why he doesn’t have one endorsement from any of his colleagues.”

“Lyin’ Ted Cruz just used a picture of Melania from a G.Q. shoot in his ad. Be careful, Lyin’ Ted, or I will spill the beans on your wife!” Trump tweeted on March 22.

“His father was with Lee Harvey Oswald prior to Oswald’s being—you know, shot. I mean, the whole thing is ridiculous,” Trump said about Cruz’s father, Rafael, in an interview on May 3. “What was he doing with Lee Harvey Oswald shortly before the death? Before the shooting? It’s horrible.”

“Honestly, he may have ruined his political career. I feel so badly. I feel so badly. And you know, he’ll come and endorse over the next little while. He’ll—because he has no choice. But I don’t want his endorsement. What difference does it make? I don’t want his endorsement. I have such great—I don’t want his endorsement. Ted, stay home, relax, enjoy yourself,” Trump said at a press conference on July 22.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2018, 11:28:29 pm »
Somebody did... Can you guess who?

“He said with the being a Canadian citizen, he said, ‘Oh I didn’t know that.’ How did he not know that? Then he said with the loans, ‘Oh, I didn’t know that,’ Smart guy. He doesn’t know that? Yeah, that’s worse than Hillary when you think about it,” Trump said of Cruz on Jan. 20.

“You are the single biggest liar. You probably are worse than Jeb Bush,” Trump told Cruz at a primary debate on Feb. 13. “Nasty guy. Now I know why he doesn’t have one endorsement from any of his colleagues.”

“Lyin’ Ted Cruz just used a picture of Melania from a G.Q. shoot in his ad. Be careful, Lyin’ Ted, or I will spill the beans on your wife!” Trump tweeted on March 22.

“His father was with Lee Harvey Oswald prior to Oswald’s being—you know, shot. I mean, the whole thing is ridiculous,” Trump said about Cruz’s father, Rafael, in an interview on May 3. “What was he doing with Lee Harvey Oswald shortly before the death? Before the shooting? It’s horrible.”

“Honestly, he may have ruined his political career. I feel so badly. I feel so badly. And you know, he’ll come and endorse over the next little while. He’ll—because he has no choice. But I don’t want his endorsement. What difference does it make? I don’t want his endorsement. I have such great—I don’t want his endorsement. Ted, stay home, relax, enjoy yourself,” Trump said at a press conference on July 22.

Okay, Cruz,  Cruz campaign,

Said Kasich was receiving Soros money,

Claimed Carson dropping out in Iowa, Rubio dropping out in Hawaii,

Campaign claimed Rubio said about the Bible, "there are few answers in there" or something like that.

Rubio’s campaign already has adamantly denied the CNN report -- and when it turned up in the Hawaii email, immediately blasted Cruz for “dirty tricks.”

“Senator Cruz is up to his dirty tricks again spreading false rumors and lies. We won't allow him to do to Marco Rubio in Florida what he did to Ben Carson in Iowa," Rubio spokeman Joe Pounder said in a statement.

Hawaii is voting in the Republican contest Tuesday, along with Michigan, Mississippi and Idaho.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/03/08/rubio-camp-accuses-cruz-dirty-tricks-over-hawaii-dropout-email.html

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2018, 11:34:59 pm »

Trump got his ass handed to him winning 52-43? That's absurd.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2018, 11:38:45 pm »

@corbe

You don't represent Cruz in any way, if you did, you would commend the president on when he does well. If there is any phony conservatism, it's on your behalf. Yeah, the constitution party people, who account for something like .012 of the national vote, are trying to make it that they know what conservatism is, well, what have they done? Zilch, Nada.

Oh, yeah, Cruz won in his home state, in Oklahoma, fairly well in the rocky mountain west, loses Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, practically everywhere else.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2018, 11:40:14 pm »
Trump got his ass handed to him winning 52-43? That's absurd.

888sunglass

True, Texas is getting close to the flipping point, that's clear...it's getting closer and closer all the time.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2018, 11:46:38 pm »
Border, Cruz praises, Syria attack, Cruz supports, Bolton, Cruz supports, Gorsuch, Cruz praises,  while there are some disagreements that Cruz airs, it's clear at times, he has heavily supported Trump's agenda, these others, are just divisive. If it was Pres. Romney, Bush, Cruz, I'd support them to the best of my ability.

Online corbe

« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2018, 11:48:45 pm »
   Open your eyes @TomSea Sen. Cruz was polling exceptionally well in the South, even after that Rubio/Bible crap/NC you often quote, for Super Tuesday, Stone and Pecker took care of that with the Cruz/Mistresses foldout in the National Enquirer targeting the Evangelicals.   
   It's a Brave New World.

Offline DB

« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2018, 11:51:44 pm »
Okay, Cruz,  Cruz campaign,

Said Kasich was receiving Soros money,

Claimed Carson dropping out in Iowa, Rubio dropping out in Hawaii,

Campaign claimed Rubio said about the Bible, "there are few answers in there" or something like that.

Ah, you may have missed it, but this is about Cruz and whether or not Trump want's him gone like he said he did awhile back.

And actually it was Breitbart that claimed Kasich was receiving Soros money: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/03/14/report-soros-money-funding-john-kasichs-presidential-bid/

And it was Carson's incompetence that was the direct cause of the misinformation reported by CNN and others due to Carson's bizarre behavior leaving the campaign - but you already know that.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 11:53:35 pm by DB »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2018, 11:59:28 pm »
   Open your eyes @TomSea Sen. Cruz was polling exceptionally well in the South, even after that Rubio/Bible crap/NC you often quote, for Super Tuesday, Stone and Pecker took care of that with the Cruz/Mistresses foldout in the National Enquirer targeting the Evangelicals.   
   It's a Brave New World.
@corbe
So?  Cruz had these tricks in state after state...Yeah, as if these Evangelicals read the National Enquirer!  With uniform results all over.