Author Topic: Poll: Cruz lead over Dem challenger down to 3 points  (Read 7291 times)

Offline berdie

Re: Poll: Cruz lead over Dem challenger down to 3 points
« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2018, 01:11:35 am »
My intuition is this: Trump and Cruz are now in synch, for the most part.  They see mutual benefits, from supporting each other.

Cruz should win the Texas contest, and hopefully Trump will campaign for him.

Cruz' writing indicates he understands disruption. Trump was elected due to his disruption.

Many/most in the emerging Dark Intellectual Web (right/center/left) are talking about needed "disruption," beyond politics, e.g. the need to challenge existing features of the status quo.

Scott Adams, Jordan Peterson, Ben Shapiro, Dave Rubin, Stefan Molyneux, Eric Weinstein, Bret Weinstein, Joe Rogan, Steven Pinker, Sam Harris, Candace Owens, James Damore, Tommy Sotomayer, and there are others.

Yep, I'm pretty sure politics is just a big game. They beat each other up during the day and go have dinner together at night. The only ones that hold a grudge are...us.  :laugh:

I don't remember who said "It's business..not personal"
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 01:12:36 am by berdie »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #101 on: April 20, 2018, 01:50:40 am »
Before I do that ... why do you think Texas went 7 points bluer, while the country as a whole went 2 points redder than 2012?

You first.  Can you answer my question or not?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2018, 02:04:18 am »

@cato potatoe   I wasn't trying to put you on the spot but you made such an odd statement about Trump that I sincerely wondered about your basis for saying that.  If you don't want to explain, I sure can't make you.

Offline corbe

« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2018, 02:10:52 am »
   Since this is question hour I have one for you @Emjay:   Did you really beat up Janis Joplin in High School?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2018, 02:19:11 am »
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) holds a narrow lead over Democratic challenger Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-Texas), a poll released Wednesday

I went to RCP and read the entire poll.   This same poll has Abbott only ahead by 9.  Every Texan knows that's bullshit.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 02:25:41 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #105 on: April 20, 2018, 02:22:26 am »
   Since this is question hour I have one for you @Emjay:   Did you really beat up Janis Joplin in High School?

! No longer available
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

« Reply #106 on: April 20, 2018, 02:33:10 am »
   Here's a different interpolation of the data

More On Shock Cruz Poll: The THREE POINTS Problem

Posted at 4:00 pm on April 19, 2018 by Carl Arbogast

Washington, D.C. and Texas are abuzz this morning with news of the new Quinnipiac poll showing Sen. Ted Cruz winning re-election by a mere 3 points.

But the biggest shock may be that private polling commissioned by an entity that is neither Democratic nor Republican and undertaken over a month ago now showed the same rough result– a narrow victory for Cruz, in which he would probably be pulled across the finish line not by his own record or campaigning, but by Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s very high popularity.

Abbott, who will also be on the ticket this fall, boasts a net +35 approval rating, according to January Morning Consult data.

According to Quinnipiac, “Sen. Cruz gets lackluster grades, including a 47 – 45 percent job approval rating and a 46 – 44 percent favorability rating.” The same basic problem– Cruz is not well-liked– was at the root of his poor numbers in the private poll showing similarly lackluster performance by Cruz.

<..snip..>

https://www.redstate.com/arbogast/2018/04/19/shock-cruz-poll-three-points-problem/

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #107 on: April 20, 2018, 03:13:39 am »
The same basic problem– Cruz is not well-liked– was at the root of his poor numbers in the private poll showing similarly lackluster performance by Cruz.

We have tangible proof of this by the fact he got destroyed in the Presidential primaries. He has a personality that turns people off and he does a shitty job at retail politics. All he has in his quiver are long winded scoldings and a list of policies without any viable way to enact them. Just look at the list of shit he sponsored....

https://www.congress.gov/member/ted-cruz/C001098?q=%7B%22sponsorship%22%3A%22sponsored%22%7D

The only things that passed are stupid garbage that the country doesn't need or want. What the hell is the point of him?

Offline corbe

« Reply #108 on: April 20, 2018, 03:22:08 am »
We have tangible proof of this by the fact he got destroyed in the Presidential primaries. He has a personality that turns people off and he does a shitty job at retail politics. All he has in his quiver are long winded scoldings and a list of policies without any viable way to enact them. Just look at the list of shit he sponsored....

https://www.congress.gov/member/ted-cruz/C001098?q=%7B%22sponsorship%22%3A%22sponsored%22%7D

The only things that passed are stupid garbage that the country doesn't need or want. What the hell is the point of him?

Your argument is solid @Frank Cannon, other than pizz you Trumpers off, he hasn't got a lot accomplished in the Golden Age of Trump.   
   I'm neither surprised or disappointed. He's gonna kick yur azz in 2020, wait and see.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #109 on: April 20, 2018, 03:37:05 am »
   Your argument is solid @Frank Cannon, other than pizz you Trumpers off, he hasn't got a lot accomplished in the Golden Age of Trump.   
   I'm neither surprised or disappointed. He's gonna kick yur azz in 2020, wait and see.

See. This is why I dismiss all this unicorn bullshit here. Reality based people see Trump with a shitpile of cash, a built in base, the bully pulpit and the ability to break through the news cycles. Beyond that it is close to impossible to beat a sitting President unless they really screw up. He isn't going to be challenged by anyone legit. Even if Cruz could find deep pockets to back his 2020 play, no one outside of Texas likes him. He will be Rick Santorum redux.

I cannot understand why all of you folks who hate Trump and bash the GOP automatically think everyone else does and on top of that you want to use the GOP apparatus you hate to pimp for your losers. Why not get off your lazy asses and get some of these 3rd parties viable on the local level in some states. Try for a state AG or Governorship. Make a real case for your movement instead of  pushing some retread for the top slot in some pathetically Quixotic endeavor.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2018, 03:58:14 am »

I wouldn't say beat up ... I may have slapped her pretty hard.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #111 on: April 20, 2018, 04:00:11 am »
I wouldn't say beat up ... I may have slapped her pretty hard.

Sounds hot. Do you have any more details....for historical purposes of course.

Offline corbe

« Reply #112 on: April 20, 2018, 04:00:43 am »
   All Good Points @Frank Cannon but you underestimate Trump's ability to keep stepping on his di*k, catching flak and giving up in frustration and opening the whole damn thing wipe open, the GOP is still just as ripe as it was in 2012, in fact Trump has made it almost as weak and divisive as the current DNC. It's a win/win for me, either way I get something to bitch about.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #113 on: April 20, 2018, 04:01:29 am »
! No longer available

I actually sang Me and Bobby McGee with a little band one time when I was well lubricated.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #114 on: April 20, 2018, 04:08:27 am »
   All Good Points @Frank Cannon but you underestimate Trump's ability to keep stepping on his di*k, catching flak and giving up in frustration and opening the whole damn thing wipe open, the GOP is still just as ripe as it was in 2012, in fact Trump has made it almost as weak and divisive as the current DNC. It's a win/win for me, either way I get something to bitch about.

See. More unicorn farts. The Rat party was a shambles in 2012 and they had an unpopular President at the helm.......yet Obama won. I don't see any difference this time around. As a matter of fact Donny will have an easier ride if the Rats take the House. He'll have a built in whipping boy.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #115 on: April 20, 2018, 04:09:27 am »
See. This is why I dismiss all this unicorn bullshit here. Reality based people see Trump with a shitpile of cash, a built in base, the bully pulpit and the ability to break through the news cycles. Beyond that it is close to impossible to beat a sitting President unless they really screw up. He isn't going to be challenged by anyone legit. Even if Cruz could find deep pockets to back his 2020 play, no one outside of Texas likes him. He will be Rick Santorum redux.

I cannot understand why all of you folks who hate Trump and bash the GOP automatically think everyone else does and on top of that you want to use the GOP apparatus you hate to pimp for your losers. Why not get off your lazy asses and get some of these 3rd parties viable on the local level in some states. Try for a state AG or Governorship. Make a real case for your movement instead of  pushing some retread for the top slot in some pathetically Quixotic endeavor.

Sometimes you're right, Frank, and sometimes you're wrong, but you're always interesting.  It's not a question of Cruz versus Trump.  Cruz will not run if Trump does and I'm afraid Trump will just to tick everyone off if nothing else.

Cruz absolutely has charm; he's funny and he can relate to people.  He was virtually unknown outside of Texas at the start of the primaries but he's well known now.  He would be as close to an ideal President as we could ever hope to get.

I don't say this to knock Trump.  I've been defending Trump since he got elected and I think he's doing a decent job in spite of his personal handicaps.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #116 on: April 20, 2018, 01:10:13 pm »
@jpsb

Dallas was always Democrat, never Republican. 

OK, thanks for the correction.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #117 on: April 20, 2018, 02:21:36 pm »

Well, we could start with hispanics.  In the middle of the campaign, Trump declared a judge unfit to preside over his fraud case, because of his mexican heritage.  Going forward, you'll have a group of voters who will never consider the GOP because they nominated this guy.  At least David Duke sent his sheets to the dry cleaners while he ran for senate. 

You said the migrants are illegals and Californians.  In reality ... Texas has done an incredible job attracting young people from all over the country.  Trump wants to jack their cost of living, to revive the zombie industries back home.  They know it won't work.  Texas has the largest asian population outside of New York and California.  A populist GOP is not for them.  Most of the new voters are women.  Trump lost with females in Texas ... first time that has happened since 1996. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #118 on: April 20, 2018, 06:46:57 pm »
Well, we could start with hispanics.  In the middle of the campaign, Trump declared a judge unfit to preside over his fraud case, because of his mexican heritage.  Going forward, you'll have a group of voters who will never consider the GOP because they nominated this guy.  At least David Duke sent his sheets to the dry cleaners while he ran for senate. 

You said the migrants are illegals and Californians.  In reality ... Texas has done an incredible job attracting young people from all over the country.  Trump wants to jack their cost of living, to revive the zombie industries back home.  They know it won't work.  Texas has the largest asian population outside of New York and California.  A populist GOP is not for them.  Most of the new voters are women.  Trump lost with females in Texas ... first time that has happened since 1996.

Hah!  Interesting take and more true than a lot of people realize.  I lived in Irving for a long time and at one time, there were no Blacks in the Irving City Limits.  I kid you not.  There was little settlement outside the city limits called Bear Creek, where all the Blacks lived.  Irving was strictly and totally Caucasian.   

At the time I left Irving when I moved to Hawaii, things had changed so much that I deemed Irving the 'multicultural center of the world.'  Irving was a magnet for Muslims for some reason.  One large mosque was built and another one followed a few years later.  It sure wasn't the Irving of my youth.

But despite Irving and what you see on TV, white people are still in the majority and Texas is still bright red.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2018, 06:48:30 pm »
Hah!  Interesting take and more true than a lot of people realize.  I lived in Irving for a long time and at one time, there were no Blacks in the Irving City Limits.  I kid you not.  There was little settlement outside the city limits called Bear Creek, where all the Blacks lived.  Irving was strictly and totally Caucasian.   

At the time I left Irving when I moved to Hawaii, things had changed so much that I deemed Irving the 'multicultural center of the world.'  Irving was a magnet for Muslims for some reason.  One large mosque was built and another one followed a few years later.  It sure wasn't the Irving of my youth.

But despite Irving and what you see on TV, white people are still in the majority and Texas is still bright red.

@cato potatoe   Bright red, but bleeding a little.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #120 on: April 21, 2018, 02:37:00 am »
Frank Cannon, you're battin' close to 400 in this thread.

Keep swingin' at 'em!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #121 on: April 21, 2018, 04:00:15 am »

:howlin:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

« Reply #122 on: April 21, 2018, 07:09:12 pm »

Not worried about Cruz in 2020 as he hasn't announced his presidential run nor do I think he will, letting Trump run unopposed.

The article and focus is about the mid terms this year; a whole different ballgame.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline JRags

« Reply #123 on: April 23, 2018, 11:08:04 pm »
I hope you're right about Cruz's margin of victory but wrong about him ditching the GOP.

It makes me cringe when people talk this way.  There is no third party that could win an election for dog catcher.  There won't be for years.  I see no progress in that direction at all.

We need Cruz in the Republican Party where he can help to reform it.

Hear hear.

Both parties closed up ranks after Ross Perot pulled in 18-20% of the votes and now third party candidates have a difficult time just getting on the ballot in most states.