Author Topic: Poll: Cruz lead over Dem challenger down to 3 points  (Read 7289 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Poll: Cruz lead over Dem challenger down to 3 points
« on: April 18, 2018, 05:58:31 pm »
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) holds a narrow lead over Democratic challenger Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-Texas), a poll released Wednesday showed.

A Quinnipiac University Poll, conducted April 12-17, deemed the race too close to call. Cruz leads O’Rourke, by 3 percentage points — 47-44 — which falls within the poll’s margin of error of 3.6 percentage points.

Support for each candidate is split along party lines, the poll found. Among Democrats, 87 percent said they support O’Rourke, while 88 percent of Republicans said they support Cruz.

Read more at: http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/383780-poll-cruz-lead-over-dem-challenger-down-to-3-points?__twitter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true
The Republic is lost.

Online corbe

Re: Poll: Cruz lead over Dem challenger down to 3 points
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 06:18:00 pm »
   Every percentage point below Abbott's wuping of Davis in 2014 (20%) is an indication of Trump's effect on the GOP (rejecting Conservatism) as a whole and particularly in Texas.   
   Sen. Cruz takes this election very seriously, but will skate by at least 10-15%.
   I hope he ditches the GOP afterwards.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 06:20:36 pm »
That poll is a joke.  Cruz is gonna mop the floor with Paddy O'rourke's punk rocker butt.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 06:38:59 pm »
That poll is a joke.  Cruz is gonna mop the floor with Paddy O'rourke's punk rocker butt.

I hope so. I like Sen. Cruz. I wish I could vote for him. :(
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 07:49:53 pm »
   Every percentage point below Abbott's wuping of Davis in 2014 (20%) is an indication of Trump's effect on the GOP (rejecting Conservatism) as a whole and particularly in Texas.   
   Sen. Cruz takes this election very seriously, but will skate by at least 10-15%.

I hope you're right about Cruz's margin of victory but wrong about him ditching the GOP.

It makes me cringe when people talk this way.  There is no third party that could win an election for dog catcher.  There won't be for years.  I see no progress in that direction at all.

We need Cruz in the Republican Party where he can help to reform it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 07:50:05 pm »
Support for each candidate is split along party lines, the poll found. Among Democrats, 87 percent said they support O’Rourke, while 88 percent of Republicans said they support Cruz.
And that somehow translates to a below-majority lead for the Republican, in a state where the GOP is the incumbent AND a state that has consistently voted Republican for the past 20 years?

If this turns out to be a party-line vote, Cruz will win by far more than 3 points.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 07:52:57 pm »
Does anyone actually run for Dog Catcher?  Is it an elective office?  Don't think so.  Why do we say that?  Ooops, it was me.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 07:53:44 pm »

Yeah, I agree.  10-15% at least.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2018, 07:55:38 pm »
It makes me cringe when people talk this way.  There is no third party that could win an election for dog catcher.  There won't be for years.  I see no progress in that direction at all.

There has been no real and lasting progress toward Conservatism within the Republican party in the last nearly forty years - *Bupkis*

So what's the difference?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2018, 07:58:55 pm »
There has been no real and lasting progress toward Conservatism within the Republican party in the last nearly forty years - *Bupkis*

So what's the difference?

The difference is obvious in the election of Donald Trump.  Whatever you may think about him, his election was an illustration of how dissatisfied people are with the lame actions of the Republican Party in the last few years.

It's a wake up call for the Party and they will either listen or lose. 

Fortunately, the democrats are in far worse shape with not a single leading democrat who is any kind of a leader.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2018, 08:08:13 pm »
The difference is obvious in the election of Donald Trump.  Whatever you may think about him, his election was an illustration of how dissatisfied people are with the lame actions of the Republican Party in the last few years.

It's a wake up call for the Party and they will either listen or lose. 

Fortunately, the democrats are in far worse shape with not a single leading democrat who is any kind of a leader.

Tump is the exact antithesis of what is needed. That he is even electable is a proper sign of the uselessness of the Republicans, and their lack of conviction and principle.

What is needed is statesmen rather than politicians... not idiocy. Tump (supposedly representing Conservatism) is doom.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 08:08:44 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2018, 08:13:05 pm »
Tump is the exact antithesis of what is needed. That he is even electable is a proper sign of the uselessness of the Republicans, and their lack of conviction and principle.

What is needed is statesmen rather than politicians... not idiocy. Tump (supposedly representing Conservatism) is doom.

@roamer_1
I disagree.  First, Trump was elected because people responded to his message which was very different from a conventional Republican message. 

Second, if we could remove the Bad Trump from the Good Trump, we'd have a decent president.

Fortunately, the Bad Trump doesn't actually do anything.  He just makes infuriating tweets and takes things too personally.

The Good Trump has done a lot of good things that actually matter.

We had one Statesman in the running and he lost.  I think Cruz will be President eventually

Online roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2018, 08:17:25 pm »
We had one Statesman in the running and he lost.

Exactly my point, and the only point on which we agree.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2018, 08:18:58 pm »
Of course, Cruz has supported Trump over and over again,  just shown 2 times in the past two weeks on this board. Those bringing nothing but falsehoods and taunts to the situation should be seen as doing that.

As said, turnout is the key. Texas has only around 55% or so turnout in the last presidential election.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2018, 08:24:03 pm »
Of course, Cruz has supported Trump over and over again,  just shown 2 times in the past two weeks on this board. Those bringing nothing but falsehoods and taunts to the situation should be seen as doing that.

As said, turnout is the key. Texas has only around 55% or so turnout in the last presidential election.

Really?  Please provide us evidence he has supported Trump "over and over again"?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2018, 08:43:31 pm »
 Conservatism is also about actually doing things, you know what talks.

3,000,000 new jobs, cutting governmental red tape, bringing North Korea to the negotiations table, seeing the collapse of the caliphate. Trump has now accomplished more than Senators like Rand Paul and again, Cruz has praised or defended Trump,  at least two times in the past ten days.

Haters gonna hate as they say.

Online corbe

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2018, 08:50:21 pm »
Conservatism is also about actually doing things, you know what talks.

3,000,000 new jobs, cutting governmental red tape, bringing North Korea to the negotiations table, seeing the collapse of the caliphate. Trump has now accomplished more than Senators like Rand Paul and again, Cruz has praised or defended Trump,  at least two times in the past ten days.

Haters gonna hate as they say.

I'm trying to find your GOOD Side, be your Friend, so to speak @TomSea so I won't respond to all that BS!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2018, 09:02:21 pm »
My remarks will go against the general tenor of this thread, but seems to me that alarm bells are ringin' down in Texas.

Mr. Cruz will probably win, but I sense this is gonna be closer than you would have hoped.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2018, 09:06:04 pm »
My remarks will go against the general tenor of this thread, but seems to me that alarm bells are ringin' down in Texas.

Mr. Cruz will probably win, but I sense this is gonna be closer than you would have hoped.

Absolutely it will be closer than I could have hoped.  I can't imagine why a larger majority wouldn't vote for Cruz.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2018, 09:06:10 pm »

Let not your heart not be troubled.  Paddy will pull in two maybe 4 counties where the liberal infestation is like cockaroach hive.  Cruz will win.  Be warned.  The press will show him failing in the earlier returns.  It is how the rats report down there.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2018, 09:25:18 pm »
Let not your heart not be troubled.  Paddy will pull in two maybe 4 counties where the liberal infestation is like cockaroach hive.  Cruz will win.  Be warned.  The press will show him failing in the earlier returns.  It is how the rats report down there.

I'll give Paddy Austin and El Paso.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2018, 09:27:03 pm »

I'm trying to find your GOOD Side, be your Friend, so to speak @TomSea so I won't respond to all that BS!

Actually @corbe It may astonish you, but @TomSea has made more sense lately than a lot of other people.

Hey, you wanted me back ... now you have to deal with me.

Online corbe

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2018, 09:27:52 pm »
Absolutely it will be closer than I could have hoped.  I can't imagine why a larger majority wouldn't vote for Cruz.

Freaks me out to @Sanguine.

Trump effect on the GOP perhaps, there's still a lot of hate over there toward him, though they try to cover it up improbable, like a cat covering crap on a marble floor, it's one of those stains that don't come out in the Wash.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2018, 09:31:54 pm »
It's kinda sad how otherwise intelligent people let the mainstream media and clueless entertainers seep into their consciousness.  Be on guard.  Trump is not THAT bad.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2018, 09:33:19 pm »
Work like you are 20 points down. Take nothing for granted and never be complacent.