Author Topic: Cohen attorneys say feds seized devices that have 'nothing to do' with warrant, rip 'unprecedented'  (Read 860 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Fox News
By Brooke Singman
1 hour ago

Attorneys for Trump lawyer Michael Cohen, ahead of a court hearing Monday afternoon, blasted the FBI for its “unprecedented” raid on his properties last week and claimed the feds seized items that “have nothing to do with the probable cause” on which the warrant was granted.

Cohen, President Trump’s longtime personal attorney who formerly worked at the Trump Organization, is under criminal investigation as part of a grand jury probe into his personal conduct and business dealings.

Cohen’s attorneys – Stephen Ryan and Todd Harrison – penned a letter to federal Judge Kimba Wood of the Southern District of New York early Monday ahead of the high-profile hearing that is currently underway.

During that hearing, Cohen’s attorneys also were instructed by Judge Wood to disclose the name of another Cohen client – which attorneys confirmed was Fox News host Sean Hannity.

(more)
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04/16/cohen-attorneys-say-feds-seized-devices-that-have-nothing-to-do-with-warrant-rip-unprecedented-search.html
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I couldn't figure out why lawyers for Stormy Daniels kept this balloon in the air long after she'd been paid off. Now this raid supposedly based on that payoff as justificaiton (which in itself seems vague) that takes down a GOP official, and reveals the name of Sean Hannity as a client, all at the behest of Mueller to the Southern District of New York's DA, who's former DA now works on Muellers team.

Sounds like there's collusion going on, and it has nothing to do with Russia.
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I couldn't figure out why lawyers for Stormy Daniels kept this balloon in the air long after she'd been paid off.

They didn’t.  The WSJ found out about the payment because there had been a rumor about the payment and Cohen was terribly sloppy covering his tracks.  Once the paper started questioning Cohen and he commented, she retained new counsel, since she argued his discussion negated the NDA.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical

They didn’t.  The WSJ found out about the payment because there had been a rumor about the payment and Cohen was terribly sloppy covering his tracks.  Once the paper started questioning Cohen and he commented, she retained new counsel, since she argued his discussion negated the NDA.

So who tipped off the WSJ?
The Republic is lost.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

She went public.  Or I should say Clinton's lawyer went public with her.

You can't say what she said repeatedly without violating her agreement.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline edpc

So who tipped off the WSJ?

The Smoking Gun was discussing the story in October of 2016 and the legal threats Cohen had made to In Touch Magazine back in 2011 were known.  I can’t read the original WSJ story, due to the paywall.

Offline edpc

She went public.  Or I should say Clinton's lawyer went public with her.

You can't say what she said repeatedly without violating her agreement.

She only went public after Cohen started talking.  In fact, Cohen was the one who released her silly To Whom It May Concern denial note.  After that, she considered the NDA void.

On Jan. 30. Cohen releases a letter written by adult film star where she denies a payout or even a sexual relationship with the President.

The letter released by Cohen was confirmed to be true that same day in a short statement attributed to Daniels and given by her publicist, the actress was quoted  saying, “I am denying this affair because it never happened.”

However, Stormy Daniels went on the Jimmy Kimmel show later that night claiming to not know where the denial had come from.

http://www.wirk.com/the-stormy-daniels-drama-is-only-just-beginning-for-the-trump-administration/

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical

She only went public after Cohen started talking.  In fact, Cohen was the one who released her silly To Whom It May Concern denial note.  After that, she considered the NDA void.

On Jan. 30. Cohen releases a letter written by adult film star where she denies a payout or even a sexual relationship with the President.

The letter released by Cohen was confirmed to be true that same day in a short statement attributed to Daniels and given by her publicist, the actress was quoted  saying, “I am denying this affair because it never happened.”

However, Stormy Daniels went on the Jimmy Kimmel show later that night claiming to not know where the denial had come from.

I see that from the timeline now, but the problem I have is that Daniels used it to, at the very least, to leverage herself into the spotlight and file lawsuits. She also produces a letter in which Cohen identifies himself as “executive vice president and special counsel to Donald J. Trump.”

Point being, she made no attempt to handle it quietly, but seemed to want the story to splash out there, then produces this letter linking Cohen and Trump formally.

So was she put up to it, and did Mueller orchestrate something to give justification to raid Cohen?
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

So was she put up to it, and did Mueller orchestrate something to give justification to raid Cohen?

I can’t say it’s 100% impossible, but it would require a ton of dominoes to fall.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical

I can’t say it’s 100% impossible, but it would require a ton of dominoes to fall.

These asshats are up to the task for trying it. I've seen too many plots hatched and hatched too many myself that I just don't trust the smell of this.

And I don't care if this is Trump or anyone else, not if it erodes the law or the institutions that enforce it.
The Republic is lost.