Author Topic: Democrats praise Trump nominee for 9th Circuit  (Read 7432 times)

Online corbe

Democrats praise Trump nominee for 9th Circuit
« on: April 12, 2018, 06:31:32 pm »
Democrats praise Trump nominee for 9th Circuit

Republicans raise critical questions on his gun rights, Citizens United views

By Alex Swoyer - The Washington Times - Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Reversing the usual script, Democrats praised one of President Trump’s federal appeals court nominees Wednesday while Republicans brought the tough questions for Mark Jeremy Bennett over his defense of gun control laws and free speech rights.

Mr. Bennett, a former Hawaii attorney general now nominated to the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, had backed a limited interpretation of Second Amendment rights that was overturned by the Supreme Court.

Sen. Ted Cruz, Texas Republican, also questioned Mr. Bennett over opposition to Citizens United, the Supreme Court case that overturned campaign finance restrictions and helped pave the way for the current system.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/apr/11/democrats-praise-trumps-judicial-nominee-9th-circu/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

Re: Democrats praise Trump nominee for 9th Circuit
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 07:05:25 pm »
Conservative judges my ass...  **nononono*

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 07:18:47 pm »
Conservative judges my ass...  **nononono*

We were "assured" by the Trumplican Populists that Trump would ONLY nominate Conservatives to the bench.

Now watch them do logic-defying pretzel twists to explain to us simpletons how "genius" this nomination is and how it cements Trump's Conservative 'bona-fides'.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 07:26:36 pm »
We were "assured" by the Trumplican Populists that Trump would ONLY nominate Conservatives to the bench.

Now watch them do logic-defying pretzel twists to explain to us simpletons how "genius" this nomination is and how it cements Trump's Conservative 'bona-fides'.

It would appear this promise is in the dustbin with the "Fiscally Responsible" one.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 07:34:19 pm »
The conservative Judicial Crisis Network, which has been the chief cheerleader for Trump’s other judicial picks, had no comment on Mr. Bennett.

Perhaps they were experiencing a crisis.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 09:23:03 pm »

Ah ... but not just any 'bench'...the SCOTUS bench.  Every other bench is fair game.

I'll agree with @roamer_1 ..."conservatives my ass".
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 09:29:52 pm »
Im rapidly coming to the conclusion that my instincts regardin Trump were right on.  Still hoping that's not true but the case is being made every day.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 09:31:37 pm »
Im rapidly coming to the conclusion that my instincts regardin Trump were right on.  Still hoping that's not true but the case is being made every day.

The Judicial appoints are probably the most important because they will sit in their chairs for many decades.  The Ninth Circus desperately needs balance and Trump just blew this one bigly.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online libertybele

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2018, 09:34:20 pm »

I would also lay odds that your instincts have been absolutely correct from the get go.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2018, 09:59:06 pm »
I would also lay odds that your instincts have been absolutely correct from the get go.

He's not often wrong.
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2018, 10:02:21 pm »

Believe me when I tell you that it gives me no pleasure.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2018, 10:02:24 pm »
 **nononono*

Offline DB

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2018, 10:05:02 pm »

As usual, give it a day. After a day of silence suddenly the Trumpsplaining will start with a really creative reason why it is brilliant and that we are just haters for not getting it.

Online corbe

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2018, 10:10:01 pm »
   Another option would be Fox & Friends does a segment on this Guy tomorrow morning and Viola, policy shift on the 9th circus appointment.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2018, 10:26:16 pm »
   Another option would be Fox & Friends does a segment on this Guy tomorrow morning and Viola, policy shift on the 9th circus appointment.

That's our only hope, Obi-Wan.  I so desperately wanted a decent Judge for the Ninth, and Trump is blowing it.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2018, 01:18:59 am »
Ah ... but not just any 'bench'...the SCOTUS bench.  Every other bench is fair game.

I'll agree with @roamer_1 ..."conservatives my ass".

And I also.  Winning bigly!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2018, 11:10:18 am »

Even with the depth and scope of the corruption in our highest levels of government Trump supporters are *still* your number one enemy.

Is there no end to your bitterness?   Will you stop at nothing, including the dissolution of our rule of law, to settle your loss in the primaries?

And, please, if you answer, do so without dragging the Bible into your tantrum; to do so would be an act of extreme disrespect.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2018, 11:14:31 am »
And, please, if you answer, do so without dragging the Bible into your tantrum....

Killjoy
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2018, 12:47:08 pm »
Even with the depth and scope of the corruption in our highest levels of government Trump supporters are *still* your number one enemy.

You Trump fanatics made it so.  You declared us an enemy of the country for our refusal to support Trump, your fellow fanatics  even went so far as to threaten death for refusing to vote for him.

I'm living up to the charges sweetie.  Your fellow nut jobs made a big ass mistake deciding to make Principled Conservatives your enemy.

Is there no end to your bitterness? 

You haven't even begun to see it yet toots.

Will you stop at nothing, including the dissolution of our rule of law, to settle your loss in the primaries?

As if I, myself had such power merely if I jumped on your bandwagon.  No thanks.  Funny though that you equate the 'dissolution of the rule of law' with pointing out the promises you people insisted that Trump was going to live up to.  Such as appointing ONLY Conservative justices to the bench.  He lied.  You bought it.  You sold the lie.

Yet we warned you this is what he would do, and we were attacked for that back when. 

And, please, if you answer, do so without dragging the Bible into your tantrum; to do so would be an act of extreme disrespect.

Exactly the kind of condescension I have come to expect of not only Godless Leftists, but Trumplicans like you as well.

Obviously the 'bitterness' being displayed is from those of you who cannot stand any principles that do not fawn all over Trump and any mention of biblical morality or God and the bible that is not singing hosannas to your guy in the White House.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 12:49:46 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2018, 01:10:01 pm »
:2popcorn:
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline jpsb

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2018, 01:28:21 pm »
You Trump fanatics made it so.  You declared us an enemy of the country for our refusal to support Trump, your fellow fanatics  even went so far as to threaten death for refusing to vote for him.

I'm living up to the charges sweetie.  Your fellow nut jobs made a big ass mistake deciding to make Principled Conservatives your enemy.

You haven't even begun to see it yet toots.

As if I, myself had such power merely if I jumped on your bandwagon.  No thanks.  Funny though that you equate the 'dissolution of the rule of law' with pointing out the promises you people insisted that Trump was going to live up to.  Such as appointing ONLY Conservative justices to the bench.  He lied.  You bought it.  You sold the lie.

Yet we warned you this is what he would do, and we were attacked for that back when. 

Exactly the kind of condescension I have come to expect of not only Godless Leftists, but Trumplicans like you as well.

Obviously the 'bitterness' being displayed is from those of you who cannot stand any principles that do not fawn all over Trump and any mention of biblical morality or God and the bible that is not singing hosannas to your guy in the White House.

Grow up, life is hard.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2018, 01:36:32 pm »
Mark Jeremy Bennett (born February 24, 1953) is a Honolulu, Hawaii attorney who served as Attorney General of Hawaii from 2003 to 2010 in the two-term administration of Republican Governor Linda Lingle. He is the first attorney general appointed by a Republican governor since the governorship of William F. Quinn,

Offline aligncare

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2018, 01:37:51 pm »
Fanatics? Me thinks somebody be projecting.

Offline Mod1

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2018, 01:44:08 pm »
Stick to the topic.