Author Topic: Trump: 'It may not look like it, but we are draining the swamp'  (Read 964 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: 'It may not look like it, but we are draining the swamp'
By Brett Samuels - 04/12/18 02:19 PM EDT

President Trump on Thursday asserted that his administration is following through on his pledge to “drain the swamp.”

“From the day I took the oath of office, I’ve been fighting to drain the swamp, and sometimes it may not look like it, but believe me we are draining the swamp,” Trump said during remarks at the White House about tax reform.

“And there are a lot of unhappy people,” he continued. “You can see that everyday. All you have to do is turn on the news. Every time you see me hit, you know that I’m draining the swamp. And people don’t like it.”

Trump repeatedly vowed during the 2016 campaign and since taking office that he would "drain the swamp" and rid Washington, D.C., of lifelong political insiders and ethical quandaries.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/382883-trump-it-may-not-look-like-it-but-we-are-draining-the-swamp
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 06:30:01 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline endicom

Re: Trump: 'It may not look like it, but we are draining the swamp'
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 07:02:41 pm »
Mussolini drained the swamps!

Or did he make the swamps run on time?

In any case, I hope Trump is doing some draining of the D.C. swamp.

Online corbe

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 07:06:05 pm »
   You're right about one thing President Trump 'It doesn't look like it', awaiting tweet taking credit for Ryan's departure.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 07:12:20 pm »
Trump: 'It may not look like it, but we are draining the swamp'

Uh huh...... riiiiiiiiight.

And Trump has many bridges in NYC he can sell you or lease to you for a great deal too.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 07:16:22 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 07:14:16 pm »
I’m not going to miss some of those dropping out of politics, but that whole escapade with Pruitt and Icahn was as swampy as it gets.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 07:14:20 pm »
   You're right about one thing President Trump 'It doesn't look like it', awaiting tweet taking credit for Ryan's departure.

It's a lovely spring day ... why not venture outside for some fresh air ... and give it a damn rest?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 09:04:11 pm »

888high58888  Sure seems to me that the swamp is getting a tad deeper.  As for the tweets; I really wish they'd just stop.  Childish, foolish and unnecessary.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 09:13:51 pm »
888high58888  Sure seems to me that the swamp is getting a tad deeper.

What you're finally seeing is just how deep the swamp is.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2018, 09:20:29 pm »

No ... I've pretty much known how deep the swamp is.  If Trump really had an interest in draining the swamp he would have gotten rid of three of his biggest swamp creatures a long time ago; Mueller, Rosenstein and Sessions.

What you're still not seeing is the Pinocchio nose that keeps growing on Trump.

You just might want to try taking a walk on this lovely spring day; I hear that fresh air can help clear the mind of some of the cobwebs.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2018, 09:21:18 pm »
888high58888  Sure seems to me that the swamp is getting a tad deeper.  As for the tweets; I really wish they'd just stop.  Childish, foolish and unnecessary.

Trump’s messaging (tweets) are totally helping. Without this direct pipeline to his millions of followers, who in the media would be speaking up for the president? No one. And you want him to disarm? How would that help him?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2018, 09:24:49 pm »
I've seen some minor leakage but no large scale draining to date.  Still hopeful but losing it fast.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2018, 09:26:16 pm »
No ... I've pretty much known how deep the swamp is.  If Trump really had an interest in draining the swamp he would have gotten rid of three of his biggest swamp creatures a long time ago; Mueller, Rosenstein and Sessions.   ... 

Oh, for heaven's sake this is getting old.  How many ways and how often does it have to be explained why the President cannot fire these three???  Sheesh.   **nononono*

Offline aligncare

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2018, 09:29:43 pm »

Yep. The difficult takes some time to fix; the impossible, longer.

But that won’t stop some on our side from throwing stones anyway.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2018, 09:31:05 pm »
Trump’s messaging (tweets) are totally helping. Without this direct pipeline to his millions of followers, who in the media would be speaking up for the president? No one. And you want him to disarm? How would that help him?

Sorry ... I'm not a twitter, facebook, linkedin groupie.  Yes, your point is made; that is one way to connect with his followers, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's being truthful and I sure don't believe or trust the MSM either.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2018, 09:32:16 pm »
Oh, for heaven's sake this is getting old.  How many ways and how often does it have to be explained why the President cannot fire these three???  Sheesh.   **nononono*

It depends on how many times you've actually been told or heard that and believe it.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2018, 09:34:21 pm »
It seems everyone is an expert on how it could’ve been done overnight.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2018, 09:40:52 pm »
It seems everyone is an expert on how it could’ve been done overnight.

No, not over night, but certainly some progress.  You can't continue to do what isn't working and expect different results and then to proclaim success shows arrogance and lack of integrity; especially  when what you've been saying is merely a tap dance accompanied by nothing more than a lot of noise.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2018, 09:50:33 pm »
You just might want to try taking a walk on this lovely spring day