Author Topic: Report: Anti-Trump GOP House Members ‘Happy to Take Out President’ Over Mueller, Looming Loss of Con  (Read 2818 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

In all candor, I've not felt a sense of political conviction from you --- excepting, of course, your hatred of Donald Trump.   So, I'm not buying what you're selling here.   :shrug:
@Right_in_Virginia
In all candor, I'm not surprised, and I don't care, that you can't feel the truth. :seeya:

Offline roamer_1

the Religious Liberty Bill in Indiana that he totally flubbed, proving to most his so called 'Conservative Principles' are wishy washy and for sale to the highest bidder. He's not as bad as Trump but not much better on the grand scale of things.

I am on the record saying as much - though I will take a spineless Conservative over a bold NYC Liberal any time.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Back on topic, I think the GOPe would be just fine with this. I think they spurned Cruz, who had bucked them in the past for Trump, whom THEY THOUGHT WOULD LOSE TO HILLARY, which would continue the cushy status quo they had with Obama.  Well, that didn't work, but for them, this might be the next best thing.

These are the people who lied to us all, not just the TEA party, when they said they just needed the House, the Senate, the White House... to do whatever, and we gave them that and now they still won't do it.

VBO (Vote the Bastards Out!)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

I don't normally agree with @Frank Cannon when it comes to GOP Politics but in this case he is right @Right_in_Virginia.  You may need to do a refresher read on the Religious Liberty Bill in Indiana that he totally flubbed, proving to most his so called 'Conservative Principles' are wishy washy and for sale to the highest bidder. He's not as bad as Trump but not much better on the grand scale of things.

Pence had a sting of vetoes that were overturned by his own party in his state near the end of his first term.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia
In all candor, I'm not surprised, and I don't care, that you can't feel the truth. :seeya:

Oh, please don't misunderstand.

I simply think you're more a contrarian and provocateur than a politico with convictions.

And FWIW ... kudos, you are very good at both.

Offline DB

Do that, and the GOP will die for good.

Its dead Jim.

This is just the stench starting to take hold.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
VBO (Vote the Bastards Out!)

Well, the Republican Party Establishment made that a lot harder to do in the last two conventions with the wonderful rules changes they made.

The option they left us is either voting for a liberal Republican or sit home and let the Democrat win with help from the GOP if the Conservative they do not want wins the primary.

You have two fully-greased and irreparably corrupted Statist national parties.  Your choice is essentially limited to Stalin or Mussolini.

Which one is the lesser evil, is the campaign that will be waged.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline corbe

Trumpers be like "Damnit, Bones, ain't there nothing you can do?"

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.