Author Topic: FBI raids Trump lawyer's office  (Read 13409 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: FBI raids Trump lawyer's office
« Reply #250 on: April 10, 2018, 10:54:02 pm »
@INVAR has stuck to his conservative principals and his moral compass regardless of the ridiculous hyperbole and ridicule he's received.

You threw up your hanss and cast your lot with a faux Republican who keeps leaning left.

Tell me again who actually gave up?

Oh that's easy.  This is a Republic and each persons vote counts ts the same.

If you piss everyone off and can't work with anyone then you are by yourself.  Which makes you irrelevant.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #251 on: April 10, 2018, 10:56:01 pm »
If a GD tidal wave of blood thirsty Leftism is about to hit your door...and all you have to use to secure it is a Republican log, you bleeping use it.

Anything less is figurative suicide, with literal soon-to-follow.   

That is, if you cherished your God given rights enumerated in the Constitution and Bill of Rights.   

Otherwise, carry on.   *****rollingeyes*****

Trump and his populist GOPers control both the Executive branch and the Legislative Branch.  By adding trillions to the national debt, they've convinced me there's absolutely no difference fiscally between them and the bloody thirsty Leftist.  They are all blood thirsty Leftists to me.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 11:45:01 pm by Concerned »
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #252 on: April 10, 2018, 10:58:54 pm »
If a GD tidal wave of blood thirsty Leftism is about to hit your door...and all you have to use to secure it is a Republican log, you bleeping use it.

Except what you thought was a Republican Log as a bulwark against what is breaking down your door was really a Liberal-Statist Trojan Snake.

You're relying on a security system that has handed the bloodthirsty Leftists the code to getting uneasily and without a struggle. And we paid for it too in trillion dollar deficit spending bills crafted in secret that no one read before voting on them.

You go ahead and use the snake if you think it will keep you safe.

I have other ideas and plans.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline skeeter

« Reply #253 on: April 10, 2018, 11:04:16 pm »
Oh that's easy.  This is a Republic and each persons vote counts ts the same.

If you piss everyone off and can't work with anyone then you are by yourself.  Which makes you irrelevant.

Its true, each persons vote counts the same.

Which is why I've become a single issue voter - anyone willing to do something about the flood of illegals anchor babies, chain migrants, etc slowly overwhelming the system gets my support. Because if nothing is done about this single issue and soon all is lost anyway.

Trump is trying to do something. So he gets my support.

If he succeeds (and thats unlikely at this point) and consequently salvages our representative system as a result, meaning we can at least hope to eventually address those other issues, it'll be no thanks to a few people I can think of.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #254 on: April 10, 2018, 11:12:08 pm »
Its true, each persons vote counts the same.

Which is why I've become a single issue voter - anyone willing to do something about the flood of illegals anchor babies, chain migrants, etc slowly overwhelming the system gets my support. Because if nothing is done about this single issue and soon all is lost anyway.

Trump is trying to do something. So he gets my support.

If he succeeds (and thats unlikely at this point) and consequently salvages our representative system as a result, meaning we can at least hope to eventually address those other issues, it'll be no thanks to a few people I can think of.

If you don't have a good foundation.....
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #255 on: April 10, 2018, 11:19:09 pm »
What's right is right, what's wrong is wrong, regardless of who is in which position.

This witch hunt just keeps going, but there are other fish to fry. Like I have commented, the Fire engines are chasing a guy with a cigarette, while the refinery is burning across town.
The crimes of the past administration, many and egregious, have not been addressed, while they try to find something Trump may have done wrong. It's obvious, politically motivated (not legally motivated, as in evidence of a law having been broken). Cast this broad a net on the other side of the boat, and they won't be able to put it all on deck at once.

@Smokin Joe

And they know this.  Which is why no nets will be cast on the other side of the boat.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #256 on: April 10, 2018, 11:42:55 pm »

Ah, but that's not all you had.  You had two logs - one a Conservative log, and the other a populist log who had spent the vast majority of his life as a Democrat.  You had one log who bucked against the old guard and empowered the grass roots to bring down the GOP establish while the other log embraced the establishment and gave them free reign in choosing his convention delegates.  You had one log who steadfastly opposed illegal immigration while the other log offered touchback amnesty to illegals.

So enough with this false dilemma about Trump being the only log.  He wasn't.  There was a Conservative log out there too.  You just chose to back the one who backed McConnell, Priebus, et al.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #257 on: April 11, 2018, 02:28:40 am »
Ah, but that's not all you had.  You had two logs - one a Conservative log, and the other a populist log who had spent the vast majority of his life as a Democrat.  You had one log who bucked against the old guard and empowered the grass roots to bring down the GOP establish while the other log embraced the establishment and gave them free reign in choosing his convention delegates.  You had one log who steadfastly opposed illegal immigration while the other log offered touchback amnesty to illegals.

So enough with this false dilemma about Trump being the only log.  He wasn't.  There was a Conservative log out there too.  You just chose to back the one who backed McConnell, Priebus, et al.

Please, @Hoodat

Go outside and feel the sun.  Nobody's fighting that Conservative vs. Populist bullshit war anymore.

Snap the hell out of it!   22222frying pan
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #258 on: April 11, 2018, 02:40:47 am »
Please, @Hoodat

Go outside and feel the sun.  Nobody's fighting that Conservative vs. Populist bullshit war anymore.

Then why is your emoji still beating on the other one?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #259 on: April 11, 2018, 02:46:33 am »
Then why is your emoji still beating on the other one?

That 'war' has been won.   ........And, you're welcome, BTW. 

Ted Cruz.  Jesus Christ.   Neither one of them could have beat Hillary Clinton.

It took Donald Trump to show how it done.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #260 on: April 11, 2018, 02:51:08 am »
Please, @Hoodat

Sorry, DC, but populism is antithetical to conservatism.  I'll continue to fight populism. 

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #261 on: April 11, 2018, 02:55:09 am »
That 'war' has been won.   ........And, you're welcome, BTW. 

Ted Cruz.  Jesus Christ.   Neither one of them could have beat Hillary Clinton.

It took Donald Trump to show how it done.
I think that half of the people who voted for him would have voted for anyone over Hillary, and the rest were the ones telling us a vote for anyone but the GOP candidate was a vote for Hillary, so I ain't buying what you're selling.

When Hillary is in prison (and not just visiting), when the wall is built, when the ACA is gone "root and branch" maybe we can have this conversation again. I'll stick with being Conservative, and when the last vote is in, the one that really counts, we'll see who won.

Have a nice day.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline aligncare

« Reply #262 on: April 11, 2018, 03:07:49 am »
Trump defies labeling. Whatever this ‘populism’ thing is, Trump’s instincts and actions have been conservative and that comes from his work ethic and his upbringing. Just ignore his odd speech pattern and half of what he says and pay attention to what he does, it’s mostly conservative.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #263 on: April 11, 2018, 03:16:29 am »
I think that half of the people who voted for him would have voted for anyone over Hillary, and the rest were the ones telling us a vote for anyone but the GOP candidate was a vote for Hillary, so I ain't buying what you're selling.

When Hillary is in prison (and not just visiting), when the wall is built, when the ACA is gone "root and branch" maybe we can have this conversation again. I'll stick with being Conservative, and when the last vote is in, the one that really counts, we'll see who won.

Have a nice day.

Anyone "should have" beaten Barack Obama,  but GOPe Standard-Bearers  McCain and Romney couldn't.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #264 on: April 11, 2018, 03:19:34 am »
Anyone "should have" beaten Barack Obama,  but GOPe Standard-Bearers  McCain and Romney couldn't.
McCain had all those 'leaks' about Sarah Palin and went back to the Senate to vote Democrat afterwards. Make of that what you will. I think Hillary has his FBI file....

Mitt had Romneycare and comes from a notoriously antigun state, pioneers in homosexual marriage.

Neither exactly energized the base, even in the face of BO. That, of course, doesn't take into account little things like Dem precincts with 110% turnout and overwhelming votes for Obama (Election Fraud).

SO, even though they lost officially, I think it may have been a lot closer than we were led to believe if the fraudulent votes were removed. But the usual suspects got a pass on that.

What we haven't had to vote for is a real conservative running for Potus, not in a long time, but I don't think Republicans want a COnservative, just the use of the word as if.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 03:23:40 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #265 on: April 11, 2018, 03:39:55 am »
@Smokin Joe

I don't think Trump can win again.  I was thinking about this today.  Every day is Trump chaos.  Working people come home every day and their news is trouble involving Trump; every day it is trouble involving Trump.  They want peace in their house, in their government so they can do their every day job and live in peace.  They get no peace from Trump's government. By the time 2020 gets here, they are going to vote to stop the chaos Trump brings with him.  If you look back in Trump's history, all his adult life is living in chaos with one court case after another, always angry at others and trying to take them down and it never stopped during his adult life and he is the same now; always chaos.  I think people are fed up with this now, and certainly will be by 2020.  People don't want constant chaos in their government.  They aren't going to vote for him if he lasts until 2020.  I am saying Republicans aren't going to vote for him, either, because everyday Republicans don't want this chaos, either.  I am thinking of the behavior of normal people; they don't want this in their lives - they have enough to deal with to keep food on the table and get family to the doctor and to school, and they are going to reject Trump chaos so they don't have to deal with it.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #266 on: April 11, 2018, 04:04:44 am »
@Smokin Joe

I don't think Trump can win again.  I was thinking about this today.  Every day is Trump chaos.  Working people come home every day and their news is trouble involving Trump; every day it is trouble involving Trump.   

You're right, that's exactly why they are doing this.   Trump won't be impeached, but with this media constantly harping on every little thing and turning molehills into mountains,  they are poisoning the well for him.   It's what they do.  They do it to any Republican or anyone who they see going against their Uniparty Masters.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 04:05:33 am by dfwgator »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #267 on: April 11, 2018, 04:08:43 am »

So if Donny was so weak, why couldn't Cruz get close to beating him in the Primary? Oh. That's right. Nobody wanted Cruz.

Offline DB

« Reply #268 on: April 11, 2018, 04:18:59 am »
So if Donny was so weak, why couldn't Cruz get close to beating him in the Primary? Oh. That's right. Nobody wanted Cruz.

"The Wall!"

Is the answer.

And you still don't have a wall.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #269 on: April 11, 2018, 05:13:22 am »
Please, @Hoodat

It wasn't about that.  It was about calling you on your 'only one man standing' bullshit.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #270 on: April 11, 2018, 06:10:18 am »
"The Wall!"

Is the answer.

And you still don't have a wall.

I have benefited more from 1 year of Trump than many years of Cruz. As a matter of fact I can't think of one thing Cruz has spearheaded that put money in my pocket or freedom at my doorstep.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #271 on: April 11, 2018, 06:37:21 am »
I have benefited more from 1 year of Trump than many years of Cruz. As a matter of fact I can't think of one thing Cruz has spearheaded that put money in my pocket or freedom at my doorstep.

I don't want politicians putting money in my pocket.  I want them to keep their grubby mitts out of them, and Cruz is better than most at that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #272 on: April 11, 2018, 12:00:26 pm »
@Smokin Joe

I don't think Trump can win again.  I was thinking about this today.  Every day is Trump chaos.  Working people come home every day and their news is trouble involving Trump; every day it is trouble involving Trump.  They want peace in their house, in their government so they can do their every day job and live in peace.  They get no peace from Trump's government. By the time 2020 gets here, they are going to vote to stop the chaos Trump brings with him.  If you look back in Trump's history, all his adult life is living in chaos with one court case after another, always angry at others and trying to take them down and it never stopped during his adult life and he is the same now; always chaos.  I think people are fed up with this now, and certainly will be by 2020.  People don't want constant chaos in their government.  They aren't going to vote for him if he lasts until 2020.  I am saying Republicans aren't going to vote for him, either, because everyday Republicans don't want this chaos, either.  I am thinking of the behavior of normal people; they don't want this in their lives - they have enough to deal with to keep food on the table and get family to the doctor and to school, and they are going to reject Trump chaos so they don't have to deal with it.
In all fairness, @Victoria33 , the chaos is a media creation as much or more as Trump's doing. He gets full credit for his twitter habit, but even a lot of that is in response to actions by the MSM.

Had they (just imagine, in a world where the media really reported what was going on instead of sought paybacks for all those issues of "Madame President" Newsweek magazines destroyed and congratulatory articles and puff pieces they had to shelve or delete and replace with the bitter news that SHE did not win.

It has been a full court press. I can recall no other President (with the possible exception of Nixon) who was so severely hounded, not only by the press, but by 'unnamed sources' leaking like a colander, and even witch hunt investigations. Nothing in the past 60 years has compared, if ever. That makes it hard to do business, and with the animus of not only the Liberals, but a significant faction of the GOP who are every bit as much a part of the Deep State, the swamp critters are in full rebellion against him getting any thing changed or done.

Even when he does, the media take that as a loss, sulk and do not report it.

Keep in mind, please, that I voted third party (Constitution), I was not enamored of Trump, nor am I particularly so now, but in all fairness, this situation isn't fair at all. What I see as worse, though, is the distraction from major issues, like the Russians threatening to take out the source of any missiles we send to Syria--an implication that they would fire on one of our ships should we become involved over a WMD attack we aren't even sure occurred and an act of war which would be a global game changer, we're worrying about whether Trump paid hush money to an alleged paramour because so far that's the only straw the fishing expedition has been able to grasp. Besides, the whole alleged sexual misconduct thingy worked so well in Alabama, why not take it to the next level?

The perception is one of chaos, because that's what the media want you to perceive. He is being pursued by people (Comey and Muller) who are old cronies and who made a stellar mess of investigating the Anthrax Letter case in 2001 and beyond, burying Brady Material and putting an innocent man through years of unmitigated Hell while ignoring a more obvious suspect. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2017/05/21/when_comey_and_mueller_bungled_the_anthrax_case_133953.html
They're hacks. But they will pursue to the ends of the Earth someone they decided is guilty of something, even if they aren't--which is how an investigation of Russian Collusion made a Hard Left turn at the gates to the truth and went down this this track. Kinda a lot like Janet Reno with a kid accused of sexual molestation at a church day care in Florida. I see a pattern.

All the while, it's fairly obvious who was colluding with foreign individuals in an effort to influence American Elections, but once again the teflon keeps the goo from sticking where it ought.

There are far more serious matters than whether a billionaire gave money to a past (alleged) paramour, and in the media parlance when Clinton was caught diddling a subordinate employee with hard evidence the media just winked and said "It's all about sex". Where is that wink now? It's reserved for those persons who want desperately to render this administration short and ineffective so they can get ba(ra)ck to the business of 'transforming' America.

This is how Liberals roll, if they can't have the pool table to themselves, they will find a way to stop the game, spill their beer on the table and jostle the players at every opportunity--only they are doing it with a country. Even those of us who didn't like him as a candidate, some didn't even vote for him, will, out of that conservative principle of fairness give him credit when he gets it right. But what is being done to him, his administration, the American People, and yes, America, too, just isn't fair.

You are a writer, you understand the power of words, the subtleties of semantics, how, for instance, 'slaughter' evokes more emotion than 'killing', and 'massacre' pushes the button even harder. note the terms the media use, especially the Liberals, who pump them so often they become the framework of the discussion. Things like "assault weapon" have become terms even those of us who own them occasionally use, even though the term is a meaningless reactionary trigger for those who aren't familiar with and enamored of those rifles as a tool, for sport and pleasure, and in extremis, self-defense, but not the murder and mayhem an outrageously small fraction of them are employed at.

If you look, too, at the way they refer to the President, (we saw this with "Bush", at best, but seldom referred to as "The President" or "President Bush" except on conservative news airings, whereas Obama was always referred to complete with title. Subtle biases affect thought, affect the way people see any topic, and the semantic nuance of Madison Avenue is brought into the arena to mold your attitudes, thoughts, even the terms you use to discuss any issue, with a liberal bias heavily overpopulating the Media, especially television and print. Even the terms 'global warming'  and 'Climate change' have so permeated thought that it is rare to see a documentary without reference to a phenomenon which is well within the natural variation of the planet's surface's last 600,000 years of thermal history, just not the memory of most of those watching.

Then, of course, there is the gambit of finding a way to blame something, no matter how it goes, on a targeted cause, so no matter what the weather does, it's man made climate change (an unproven event) that causes it. 

9999hair out0000

(to resort to an emoji.)

Unfortunately, peoples' perceptions can create a reality different from what would have ordinarily been in more sane times. I believe the Salem Witch Trials were such an example, like the effect of telling ghost stories around a campfire  has on the restful slumber of the campers later, starting at every sound. The media are trotting out their boogeymen, parading them back and forth in America's face, and doing their damndest to ensure no one gets any sleep at night. It's manipulative, it's a PSYOP, it's destructive of our ends and a means to theirs, fatiguing the whole country like a POW Camp guard by battering us all with their crap to the point where we'd do anything to get them to stop, which is exactly what they'd wanted in the first place.

No, I don't blame Trump for anything but being perhaps a bit naive to the machinations of the Deep State and their desire to retain power and possibly freedom from prosecution at virtually any cost, and the checkered past we all knew he had, whether or not we voted for that. I blame the Media who are relentlessly attacking him despite having  far bigger fish to fry if they were the least bit honest.
Few deserve the honest title of  commentator, most indoctrinator, but almost none "reporter", and those who do are often squelched. So if I had to choose who to vote out, it would be the MSM, whose ratings have gone into the tank, but somehow are remaining in business.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 12:20:07 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Concerned

« Reply #273 on: April 11, 2018, 12:11:09 pm »
Trump defies labeling. Whatever this ‘populism’ thing is, Trump’s instincts and actions have been conservative and that comes from his work ethic and his upbringing. Just ignore his odd speech pattern and half of what he says and pay attention to what he does, it’s mostly conservative.

Trump certainly defies being labeled a fiscal conservative because he certainly ain't one IMO.  I don’t see anything fiscally conservative about adding trillions to the debt.  I don’t see anything fiscally conservative about the forthcoming trillion-dollar deficits.  I don’t see anything fiscally conservative about debt to GDP forecast at 105%.  I don’t see anything fiscally conservative about flatly refusing to tackle entitlements even when health care, Social Security, and interest cost will be responsible for more than 80 percent of spending growth in dollar terms over the next decade.  What are Trump’s bonafides for being a fiscal conservative because looking at the debt and deficit, I just ain’t seeing it?

@aligncare
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #274 on: April 11, 2018, 12:22:08 pm »
Cruz has never been in a position to order other orders rescinded or appoint people who could roll back regulations. His voice is one in 535.

It isn't government's job to put money in my pocket, anyway, just get it the Hell out of the way, and I'll take care of the rest.

C S Lewis