Author Topic: "Texas Moms Demand Action" President Charged for Accosting Teen Girls  (Read 1616 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
NRA-ILA 4/6/2018

Not content to let the gun control and hardcore anti-Donald Trump communities’ hateful rhetoric be relegated to the internet, print media, television, and protests, prominent Texas Moms Demand Action President Kellye Burke decided she would take direct action against her political adversaries – by allegedly berating some teenage girls in a bakery. Burke is also a city council member in West University Park Place, Texas.

According to a report from Houston’s KPRC, a group of teenage girls were waiting in line at Tiny’s Milk and Cookies to buy some baked goods for their church when Burke happened upon them. Apparently disturbed that one of the teens had decided to exercise her First Amendment right by wearing a “Trump: Make America Great Again” shirt, Burke allegedly began to shout an expletive for a part of the female anatomy at the young girls.

The father of one of the girls told KPRC that the group initially ignored Burke’s aberrant conduct. However, Burke allegedly continued to harass the girls, reportedly shaking her fist and mockingly shouting “MAGA! MAGA! MAGA!”

More: https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180406/texas-moms-demand-action-president-charged-for-accosting-teen-girls

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: "Texas Moms Demand Action" President Charged for Accosting Teen Girls
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 03:44:05 pm »
She is a class act. /s

Burke released a statement through her attorney Thursday. It reads:

"I have repeatedly apologized for the bad judgment I used and making the statement I did, but I do not believe repeating the words of the President of the United States is a crime. However, I will apologize again on behalf of myself, the President of the United States and all the media outlets who repeated his words both electronically and in print."
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 03:50:01 pm »
The greatest shame of the entire campaign was when Trump's vile words against women and his bragging about molesting whomever he chose were excused by both the Republican Party and the so-called evangelicals within it.

Though leftists are clearly nutcases, what they are saying about Trump in this case, is accurate.

He bragged about being a sexual predator, and there's no way to pretend it's not what he did.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 03:58:17 pm »
The greatest shame of the entire campaign was when Trump's vile words against women and his bragging about molesting whomever he chose were excused by both the Republican Party and the so-called evangelicals within it.

Though leftists are clearly nutcases, what they are saying about Trump in this case, is accurate.

He bragged about being a sexual predator, and there's no way to pretend it's not what he did.

Only a sick and depraved person would defend this deranged Left wing creep Burke attacking kids buying cookies in a store.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 04:01:42 pm »
In my personal experience Liberals tend to be more unstable than the average population. Most of that is due to their exaggerated intensity of feeling and their lack of self-control. Liberals tend to identify their own being and their own self-worth with their opinions. Therefore, when you reject their opinions, you are essentially rejecting them as a person.

I believe that this is indicative of the basic immaturity and ignorance of Liberal culture. They behave like children living in a fantasy world they have constructed in their minds which does not correspond with reality. And when their fantasy constructs are assaulted by reality, of course, they react like children by throwing a red-faced screaming tantrum which frequently leads them to blindly lashing out with violence toward anyone around them including children.

Conservatives seems to be better able to look at opinions distantly and objectively and to not take a difference of opinion as a personal affront. To a conservative an opinion is simply an opinion, take it or leave it. To a Liberal, their opinions are their very soul.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 04:15:52 pm »
Only a sick and depraved person would defend this deranged Left wing creep Burke attacking kids buying cookies in a store.

Agreed.  Truly a manifestation of a persons all consuming Trump hate.  Blame trump for the actions of a leftist whack job.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2018, 04:55:28 pm »
Agreed.  Truly a manifestation of a persons all consuming Trump hate.  Blame trump for the actions of a leftist whack job.

It is a bit jaw dropping.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2018, 05:00:00 pm »
In my personal experience Liberals tend to be more unstable than the average population. Most of that is due to their exaggerated intensity of feeling and their lack of self-control. Liberals tend to identify their own being and their own self-worth with their opinions. Therefore, when you reject their opinions, you are essentially rejecting them as a person.

I believe that this is indicative of the basic immaturity and ignorance of Liberal culture. They behave like children living in a fantasy world they have constructed in their minds which does not correspond with reality. And when their fantasy constructs are assaulted by reality, of course, they react like children by throwing a red-faced screaming tantrum which frequently leads them to blindly lashing out with violence toward anyone around them including children.

Conservatives seems to be better able to look at opinions distantly and objectively and to not take a difference of opinion as a personal affront. To a conservative an opinion is simply an opinion, take it or leave it. To a Liberal, their opinions are their very soul.
Well said! ...and so true.

Fundamentally, I think it is a matter fo emotional maturity. Liberals need to grow up.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2018, 06:09:29 pm »

I totally agree.

No one is doing that.

But I'm glad you have some standards of right and wrong left in you, Frank.  I've been worried about you lately, with your morals-be-damned persona, that you might actually believe the garbage you post here against decency and morality.

I guess I've always known that you didn't really mean a word you say here, and that you really don't love Trump as much as your posts imply, and that it's all just a feeble attempt to impress your pre-pubescent buddies, whoever they may be.

All hat, no cattle, as they say.........  ^-^

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2018, 06:14:15 pm »

Except that that's not what's been said here (I assume you can still read).

The truth is, that though this is a leftist whack job, Trump is, indeed guilty of bragging about molesting women.  That's hard, cold fact, whether you like it or not.

And stating that fact in response to this article, does not in any way support leftist nutjobs, nor does it point to any form of hatred.

Those are simple-minded emotional reactions to a legitimate point.

How about you and Frank start using your brains to debate, and leave this kneejerk emotional nonsense out of it?   

Then maybe the issue can be discussed as adults.