Author Topic: 'Concerned' Evangelicals Plan To Meet With Trump As Sex Scandals Swirl  (Read 9591 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: 'Concerned' Evangelicals Plan To Meet With Trump As Sex Scandals Swirl
« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2018, 05:41:50 pm »
*****rollingeyes*****
Don't look back, you'll turn into a pillar of salt.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2018, 05:42:40 pm »
Don't look back, you'll turn into a pillar of salt.

Tried it.  Still here!   ^-^

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2018, 05:43:13 pm »
I do not recall the Gospel discussing the need to extend forgiveness and reconciliation to promoters of apostasy.  Instead scripture tells us to depart from them.
True enough..and shake the dust of that place from your feet.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2018, 05:45:45 pm »
No one hates you @INVAR ... and no one hates morality for questioning whether your personal religious principles should be the litmus test for the United States government and its officials.   :shrug:
Which begs the question of how immoral should someone be before you would deny them the reins to power of the most powerful country on the planet?

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2018, 05:46:23 pm »
Tried it.  Still here!   ^-^
Maybe feeling a mite crusty?

C S Lewis

« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2018, 05:50:23 pm »
Maybe feeling a mite crusty?

Nope ... feeling just fine----agile and energetic.

Gee, I wonder what else you've misinterpreted  :pondering:

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2018, 06:00:52 pm »

Now, asking a question is not 'seeking information' but a "misinterpretation"? What language is your dictionary in?

Have a nice day, dear.

C S Lewis

« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2018, 08:58:48 pm »
Now, asking a question is not 'seeking information' but a "misinterpretation"? What language is your dictionary in?

Have a nice day, dear.

Damn fine dodge, pumpkin ....  88devil

@Smokin Joe

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2018, 09:04:28 pm »
Which begs the question of how immoral should someone be before you would deny them the reins to power of the most powerful country on the planet?

Trump immoral?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #84 on: April 08, 2018, 09:06:22 pm »
True enough..and shake the dust of that place from your feet.

We are supposed to forgive our enemies and pray for them though.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline corbe

« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2018, 09:10:51 pm »

Now you've got me questioning if he was being truthful when he said back in December that his hands were bigger than the President's.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2018, 09:28:15 pm »
We are supposed to forgive our enemies and pray for them though.
Run from sin... I'll pray for them, just from a distance.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2018, 09:30:41 pm »
   Now you've got me questioning if he was being truthful when he said back in December that his hands were bigger than the President's.
Dunno about Trump, but I wear a Wells Lamont X-large, and it's snug on the fingers.

C S Lewis

Offline corbe

« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2018, 09:49:40 pm »
    Just jiving ya @Smokin Joe, trying to get a jab into RiV.  She upset me this morning when the Orange stuff was flying and she insinuated that NT'ers should go by 'Yellow', being a Vet and all.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2018, 10:06:43 pm »
    Just jiving ya @Smokin Joe, trying to get a jab into RiV.  She upset me this morning when the Orange stuff was flying and she insinuated that NT'ers should go by 'Yellow', being a Vet and all.
Yeah, we're good. That would have got my hackles up if I was in your boots, too.

C S Lewis

« Reply #90 on: April 09, 2018, 12:29:43 am »

Well I certainly don't want to insult a vet, heaven knows. 

I'm just looking for the same shorthand advantage you have with the word "orange" --- you know, to level the debating field.

If yellow doesn't work for you ... pick another color.  Let's noodle this around a bit and come up with a compromise.

Who knows, we could even decide the best compromise is to drop the "orange" reference.   :shrug:

@corbe

Offline corbe

« Reply #91 on: April 09, 2018, 01:22:39 am »
  @Right_in_Virginia
  Being that I am a 'natural' white guy who already has a dark complexion, year round, and has no need to feed my vanity by spraying something on me each week, any color but yellow is fine with me for the obvious reasons that it implies 'chicken' in American culture.
  Never's use Orange because it aptly describes the 'tone' of our President's skin color AND the added bonus is it seems to rile a few of ya, without insulting you directly and getting a timeout. 

« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2018, 01:24:39 am »
  @Right_in_Virginia
  Being that I am a 'natural' white guy who already has a dark complexion, year round, and has no need to feed my vanity by spraying something on me each week, any color but yellow is fine with me for the obvious reasons that it implies 'chicken' in American culture.
  Never's use Orange because it aptly describes the 'tone' of our President's skin color AND the added bonus is it seems to rile a few of ya, without insulting you directly and getting a timeout.

How about "red" for perpetually angry? 

Offline corbe

« Reply #93 on: April 09, 2018, 01:28:53 am »
   Red is another Bad one, it indicates you bought into that @Frank Cannon crap about me being a commie pinko.

« Reply #94 on: April 09, 2018, 01:30:28 am »
  @Right_in_Virginia

Nah.  NT's use "orange brigade" and "orange worshippers" etc... to insult the President's supporters.  I take it as it's intended ... as a personal insult.

They don't get a timeout because it's an insult that is 100% protected.    :shrug:

« Reply #95 on: April 09, 2018, 01:32:17 am »
   Red is another Bad one, it indicates you bought into that @Frank Cannon crap about me being a commie pinko.

Are you the only NT on the planet?  If not red (which I like) how about the green (with envy) brigade?

Work with me here.

Offline corbe

« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2018, 01:33:48 am »
Nah.  NT's use "orange brigade" and "orange worshippers" etc... to insult the President's supporters.  I take it as it's intended ... as a personal insult.

They don't get a timeout because it's an insult that is 100% protected.    :shrug:

That's BS @Right_in_Virginia and I know from personal experience, I've danced with you before and had my dance card revoked  for 24 hours.

Offline corbe

« Reply #97 on: April 09, 2018, 01:36:09 am »
   Yes, Green is fine by me and for all the right reasons too, I'm still green with Envy that your Guy beat my Guy.  888high58888

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2018, 02:09:55 am »
Are you the only NT on the planet?  If not red (which I like) how about the green (with envy) brigade?

Work with me here.

@Right_in_Virginia You seem very intent on trying to find a way to insult someone without getting in trouble for insulting someone.  Why don't you just pull your big girl panties on and move along?

Offline corbe

« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2018, 02:13:16 am »
    If she covers that thing up, I'm not talking to her anymore.