Author Topic: 'Concerned' Evangelicals Plan To Meet With Trump As Sex Scandals Swirl  (Read 9602 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: 'Concerned' Evangelicals Plan To Meet With Trump As Sex Scandals Swirl
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2018, 05:28:45 am »
"Governed by" does not mean government... Not really a big surprise you assume it does. "Governed by" means constrained by moral principles. Hence self control. Self control is the very foundation of our constitutional republic. Without it liberty is not possible.

"Providence has given our people the choice of their rulers, and it is the duty, as well as privilege and interest, of a Christian nation to select and prefer Christians for their rulers."
   - John Jay, first Chief Justice of the Supreme Court
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2018, 01:10:11 pm »
"Governed by" does not mean government... Not really a big surprise you assume it does. "Governed by" means constrained by moral principles. Hence self control. Self control is the very foundation of our constitutional republic. Without it liberty is not possible.

Excellent post!

Self control is a concept that leftists cannot comprehend, so their immediate response to the discussion thereof is a mindless accusation that we want a theocracy.

No matter that they cannot back it up with a single fact, and must remain in denial that moral self governance is one of the founding principles on which this country was based.

As soon as the accusation “you want a theocracy “ is uttered, you know that you are not involved in a serious discussion.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2018, 03:22:11 pm »
@INVAR ... to whom I was replying ... surely is.
Don't confuse morality with a theocracy, dear, really.  **nononono*
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2018, 03:31:13 pm »

It's the knee jerk leftist response to the rational debate about the need for morality in order for our representative Republic to succeed.

They have no other argument because the facts are so clearly against them.

Reiterating, on topic, that it's too late for "evangelicals' to now be concerned about the amorality they discounted during the election.

Unfortunately these "leaders" swayed many of their sheep to vote for someone whose lifestyle opposed any standards they claimed they had.

There will be some accounting to be done before a Holy God.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 03:33:45 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2018, 04:16:13 pm »
"We're very concerned" about the allegations, said a leader of a faith-based ministry. The leader is involved in hosting the gathering, which organizers are aiming to take place June 19 at Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C. The source said the combination of the Stormy Daniels sex-scandal allegations and Trump's continued reputation for divisive rhetoric could suppress evangelical turnout in the November midterm elections.
https://www.npr.org/2018/04/06/599972396/concerned-evangelicals-plan-to-meet-with-trump-as-sex-scandals-swirl

Does this article not even mention names? There is no reason to think this is just some sort of trick in this article.  We have a right to face our accusers. There's not much here.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2018, 04:29:29 pm »
It's the knee jerk leftist response to the rational debate about the need for morality in order for our representative Republic to succeed.

They have no other argument because the facts are so clearly against them.

Reiterating, on topic, that it's too late for "evangelicals' to now be concerned about the amorality they discounted during the election.

Unfortunately these "leaders" swayed many of their sheep to vote for someone whose lifestyle opposed any standards they claimed they had.

There will be some accounting to be done before a Holy God.
When the best tool people have to get others to follow them is anger, well, angry people do stupid things. A well coordinated media assault presented allegations (which evaporated immediately after ballots were cast), among other things of improprieties by a principal opponent, and the Evangelical community bought it, lock, stock, and barrel. The same gambit was used against Roy Moore, partly because it had been so successful before, and see what that brought the people there....

By their fruits shall ye know them.

I was not deceived, at least by any of that nonsense. Unfortunately, in ND, we had neither Presidential Primary nor caucus, another reason I am no longer GOP.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 04:31:48 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2018, 04:41:45 pm »

A Theocracy is Iran or most devout Muslim countries.  The Quran dictates everything from banking to real estate to building codes...plus how to conduct your every day life.

Holding true to morals and life lessons taught to you in the Bible and applying them to your interactions with people is NOT a Theocracy.

It's called being a good person.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2018, 04:56:42 pm »
A Theocracy is Iran or most devout Muslim countries.  The Quran dictates everything from banking to real estate to building codes...plus how to conduct your every day life.

Holding true to morals and life lessons taught to you in the Bible and applying them to your interactions with people is NOT a Theocracy.

It's called being a good person.
And as your example of a Theocracy shows, you don't need to be a good person to have one.

I'll take a moral people any time.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2018, 04:57:48 pm »

I didn't, pumpkin.  But it seems you do.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2018, 04:58:35 pm »

According to Godless Leftists and our own party hacks on this board, anyone actually governed by their morality and refuses to compromise their principles for political expedience, are a danger to the country.   They insist we want a theocracy because we are governed by religious principles and a morality they hate when it will not compromise and give them political power.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2018, 04:59:25 pm »

Expecting the US government and its officials to support and legalize your personal morality, is, indeed, a theocracy.

« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2018, 05:02:03 pm »
According to Godless Leftists and our own party hacks on this board, anyone actually governed by their morality and refuses to compromise their principles for political expedience, are a danger to the country.   They insist we want a theocracy because we are governed by religious principles and a morality they hate when it will not compromise and give them political power.

Governed by *your* understanding of religious principles .... well that's a bridge to close to a theocracy @INVAR

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2018, 05:03:44 pm »
And as your example of a Theocracy shows, you don't need to be a good person to have one.

You and me both.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2018, 05:05:37 pm »
I didn't, pumpkin.  But it seems you do.
Not at all, hon. Not even close. Iran has a Theocracy. We don't nor would I want one. I would love for the American People to be more moral, but that is an individual choice and not something that can be enforced by any laws but the ones people embrace willingly.

No matter how many rules are made, their character won't change, except for those who find it necessary to add a layer of deception to appear to be in compliance but who persist in their nature. Not an improvement, imho.

C S Lewis

« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2018, 05:06:52 pm »

Is there room for the gospel of forgiveness and reconciliation in your evaluation of moral @Smokin Joe

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2018, 05:08:45 pm »
Expecting the US government and its officials to support and legalize your personal morality, is, indeed, a theocracy.
At some level we all do that:

Thou shalt not Murder....

Thou shalt not steal....

Thou shalt not bear false witness....

All standards found in scripture, yet in our civil government all are codified, even at the Federal level. That doesn't make us a theocracy, it is just a standard of conduct expected to be adhered to by our citizens and even visitors to these shores.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2018, 05:11:26 pm »
Is there room for the gospel of forgiveness and reconciliation in your evaluation of moral @Smokin Joe
Certainly, with repentance. That means a discontinuation of immorality and a genuine regret for having performed such acts. The absence of repentance is an indicator that someone isn't morally moved to change their evil ways.

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2018, 05:13:03 pm »
Governed by *your* understanding of religious principles .... well that's a bridge to close to a theocracy @INVAR

Thank you for illustrating my point above in my last:

"According to Godless Leftists and our own party hacks on this board, anyone actually governed by their morality and refuses to compromise their principles for political expedience, are a danger to the country.   They insist we want a theocracy because we are governed by religious principles and a morality they hate when it will not compromise and give them political power."

« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 05:14:17 pm by INVAR »

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2018, 05:13:38 pm »
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

By the thinking of some here...it would appear the Found Fathers were trying to establish a Theocracy.   :pondering:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2018, 05:15:21 pm »

By the thinking of some here...it would appear the Found Fathers were trying to establish a Theocracy.   :pondering:
It's just that whole ol' "....One Nation, under God...." thingy, don'tcha know.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2018, 05:16:06 pm »
It's just that whole ol' "....One Nation, under God...." thingy, don'tcha know.

Oh man that has Theocracy written all over it! /s

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2018, 05:17:15 pm »
Certainly, with repentance. That means a discontinuation of immorality and a genuine regret for having performed such acts. The absence of repentance is an indicator that someone isn't morally moved to change their evil ways.

I do not recall the Gospel discussing the need to extend forgiveness and reconciliation to promoters of apostasy.  Instead scripture tells us to depart from them.

« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2018, 05:34:12 pm »
  They insist we want a theocracy because we are governed by religious principles and a morality they hate when it will not compromise and give them political power. 

No one hates you @INVAR ... and no one hates morality for questioning whether your personal religious principles should be the litmus test for the United States government and its officials.   :shrug:

« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2018, 05:34:50 pm »
I do not recall the Gospel discussing the need to extend forgiveness and reconciliation to promoters of apostasy.  Instead scripture tells us to depart from them.

*****rollingeyes*****

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused