Author Topic: 'Concerned' Evangelicals Plan To Meet With Trump As Sex Scandals Swirl  (Read 9604 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: 'Concerned' Evangelicals Plan To Meet With Trump As Sex Scandals Swirl
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2018, 06:52:37 pm »
Collection plates must not be as filled as they used to be. Parishioners are voting with their feet.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2018, 07:05:47 pm »
So why all the raised fists at the GOP?

Because they are an enemy to everything a religious Conservative is supposed to be governed by.  They are simply Democrats pretending to be an opposition party while empowering the Leftists and Statistists with their own stamps of approval.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online DB

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2018, 07:27:13 pm »

So which upsets you most, betrayal by a foe or a colleague?

That should answer your question.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2018, 09:24:53 pm »
I repeat......... the "Evangelical" church in America (what was left of it) sealed its doom when its "leaders" jumped on board with Donald Trump and excused his inexcusable past (and present) lack of character.

If you want Evangelicalism, go to China to see the Church at work under severe persecution.

Lying in bed with political dogs gets you spiritual fleas.

Africa or any other suppressive government or majority Extremist religious country.

The information about Donald Trump was readily available to Evangelicals.  They sold out to a promise to allow campaigning in the church.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2018, 09:37:01 pm »
I can't speak for anyone else but I try not to single out the GOP.  I see hypocrisy, and lies in every quarter.  I guess it's always been that way but I was gullible in the past.

Because I think a real representative of the people is rare.  A leader, or a person of good moral character.  A person with authentic faith and love of people.  Politicians are a bunch of self serving immoral characters.  They come to your homes and call you on the phone selling their promises they never intend on keeping.  The hidden desire is to serve self not others.  Knowing that there is a price for everything.  If you will just support this bill...............  The people I know were head over heals to vote for Trump.  They didn't care about his immorality.  Why care now?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 09:38:41 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2018, 09:38:03 pm »
My arm got tired, but that wasn't my fist, dear.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2018, 10:17:30 pm »
Because I think a real representative of the people is rare.  A leader, or a person of good moral character.  A person with authentic faith and love of people.  Politicians are a bunch of self serving immoral characters.  They come to your homes and call you on the phone selling their promises they never intend on keeping.  The hidden desire is to serve self not others.  Knowing that there is a price for everything.  If you will just support this bill...............  The people I know were head over heals to vote for Trump.  They didn't care about his immorality.  Why care now?

Aye.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2018, 10:25:25 pm »
Aye.
Too many politicians and not enough statesmen (or women).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2018, 12:09:48 am »
Too many politicians and not enough statesmen (or women).

@Smokin Joe
I like the way you put that!
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2018, 01:37:04 am »
I found it rather odd that Cruz announced his run for the presidency at Liberty University, yet Falwell threw his support to Trump and other evangelicals followed his lead.  This was during the time Trump made the crude comment about Megyn Kelly and rumors of Trump's 'locker room' talk evolved.  I have never been able to understand how or why religious (?) leaders would throw support towards Trump with his uncouth demeanor. Trump stated that he didn't need to ask for forgiveness because he never did anything wrong. Really? He also commented about shooting someone on 5th avenue and still having support and stating that he would like to punch a protester int he face.  Yet the evangelicals flocked to him.  Why?  What does that say in general about the moral character of evangelicals?  I can only judge by those evangelicals that I have encountered and how so many evangelicals voted for Trump. Sad.  Very sad.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 01:38:10 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2018, 02:21:01 am »
I found it rather odd that Cruz announced his run for the presidency at Liberty University, yet Falwell threw his support to Trump and other evangelicals followed his lead.  This was during the time Trump made the crude comment about Megyn Kelly and rumors of Trump's 'locker room' talk evolved.  I have never been able to understand how or why religious (?) leaders would throw support towards Trump with his uncouth demeanor. Trump stated that he didn't need to ask for forgiveness because he never did anything wrong. Really? He also commented about shooting someone on 5th avenue and still having support and stating that he would like to punch a protester int he face.  Yet the evangelicals flocked to him.  Why?  What does that say in general about the moral character of evangelicals?  I can only judge by those evangelicals that I have encountered and how so many evangelicals voted for Trump. Sad.  Very sad.

Bigly promises.  And all that talk about locking up Hillary then Trump honors their presence at his Inauguration lunch.  I know lots of people who really believed he was going to stop Planned Parenthood and abortions.  Look how we just bigly funded it.

Online DB

« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2018, 03:33:48 am »

Evangelicals should be in quotes. They were "evangelicals" in name only.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2018, 03:38:13 am »
Evangelicals should be in quotes. They were "evangelicals" in name only.

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2018, 03:52:12 am »
Because they are an enemy to everything a religious Conservative is supposed to be governed by.  They are simply Democrats pretending to be an opposition party while empowering the Leftists and Statistists with their own stamps of approval.

I hope some day you're able to accept you're not getting your hoped-for theocracy. 

Online DB

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2018, 03:54:03 am »
I hope some day you're able to accept you're not getting your hoped-for theocracy.

Really, really lame.

No one here is asking for theocracy here. Zip.

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2018, 03:55:41 am »
So which upsets you most, betrayal by a foe or a colleague?

True "principled", "religious" "conservatives" see only foes.  So what's your point?

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2018, 03:56:24 am »
Really, really lame.

No one here is asking for theocracy here. Zip.

@INVAR ... to whom I was replying ... surely is.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2018, 04:05:30 am »

So now you're using time-tested and proven Liberal playbook rebuttals and applying them to moral and political principles you now believe are a liability to the future of the country.

How positively Progressive of you!

And, for the sake of proving your point - please point the board to the post(s) I have made that indicate I want a theocracy to rule the country from the Government on-down.

If you do not, you just illustrate yourself as despicable a liar as your typical Leftist Statist who has to engage in demonizing those who are governed by a morality you despise and demand be discarded for political expediency.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2018, 04:09:25 am »
So now you're using time-tested and proven Liberal playbook rebuttals .... 

Nope.  I'm simply using your words:  "Because they are an enemy to everything a religious Conservative is supposed to be governed by"

You want a Theocracy.  And it's never going to happen.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2018, 04:15:33 am »
Nope.  I'm simply using your words:  "Because they are an enemy to everything a religious Conservative is supposed to be governed by"

Thanks for proving yourself a << characterization redacted >> - just like your typical card-carrying Liberal Leftist.

And of course - continuing to illustrate yourself an enemy to everything a religious Conservative is governed by.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 04:35:32 am by Mod5 »

« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2018, 04:22:44 am »
Thanks for proving yourself a lying << characterization redacted >> - just like your typical card-carrying Liberal Leftist.

And of course - continuing to illustrate yourself an enemy to everything a religious Conservative is governed by.

Thanks for not denying you want a Theocracy in America.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 04:38:36 am by Mod5 »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2018, 04:27:41 am »
Thanks for not denying you want a Theocracy in America.

When did you stop beating your spouse and kids?

« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2018, 04:29:08 am »
When did you stop beating your spouse and kids?

Too clever by half.   :smokin:

Offline Mod5

« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2018, 04:39:16 am »
Friends!  Focus....

Online DB

« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2018, 04:48:23 am »

"Governed by" does not mean government... Not really a big surprise you assume it does. "Governed by" means constrained by moral principles. Hence self control. Self control is the very foundation of our constitutional republic. Without it liberty is not possible.