Author Topic: Autism increase mystery solved? No, it's not vaccines, GMOs, glyphosate—or organic foods  (Read 698 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

The number of autism cases has skyrocketed in the past few decades. In the 1970s and 1980s, about one out of every 2,000 children had autism. Today, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that one in 150 8-year-olds in the United States has an autism spectrum disorder, or ASD. This expanded definition refers not only to autism but also to a collection of brain development disorders such as Asperger's syndrome.

It's been considered a medical puzzle. Mothers, and frankly all of us, are understandably concerned. Considering the numbers, it's reasonable to ask: What's causing the rise in cases?

Now researchers believe they know what's responsible for the bulk of the rise: Nothing. Much of the rise in autism is likely a statistical mirage....

https://geneticliteracyproject.org/2016/09/22/autism-increase-mystery-solved-no-its-not-vaccines-gmos-glyphosate-or-organic-foods/

Offline RoosGirl

Or, it could be the increase in popularity of tattoos.  :tongue2:  :laugh:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

The number of autism cases has skyrocketed in the past few decades. In the 1970s and 1980s, about one out of every 2,000 children had autism. Today, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that one in 150 8-year-olds in the United States has an autism spectrum disorder, or ASD. This expanded definition refers not only to autism but also to a collection of brain development disorders such as Asperger's syndrome.

It's been considered a medical puzzle. Mothers, and frankly all of us, are understandably concerned. Considering the numbers, it's reasonable to ask: What's causing the rise in cases?

Now researchers believe they know what's responsible for the bulk of the rise: Nothing. Much of the rise in autism is likely a statistical mirage....

Gee,science has advanced and they now recognize that Autism isn't a single,stand-alone social-mental "disorder",and some goober is trying to claim the fact that the broadened definition  means there are more autistic children born.

Uhhhh,when you broader the definition,you BY DEFINITION draw more people into the category. Bigger category=more people.

I am a two-fer. I have Autism and Asperger's. Lucky for me,both are relatively mild cases compared to most,but there is no denying I have them both.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!