Author Topic: Lawmen: H.S. spring break chaperone throws house party with pot, alcohol  (Read 430 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
 A Kentucky man who was chaperoning a group of high school students on spring break has been arrested after he admitted to holding an open house party with marijuana and booze.
According to the Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office, 55-year old Thomas Gardner of Louisville was arrested April 2 after deputies responded to a noise complaint about 11:30 p.m. at a home on Terra Cotta Way.
A deputy reported he saw many people going in and out of the house, the Sheriff’s Office reported. As he got closer, several ran inside the house and shut the door. The deputy rang the doorbell several times before it was finally opened.
He said he instantly smelled marijuana and saw it lying on the coffee table and the kitchen table, according to the Sheriff’s Office. There were also liquor bottles and beer cans scattered around the house.
Gardner, the only person in the house older than 21, said he was chaperoning the students and knew they were in high school and drinking alcohol.http://www.thedestinlog.com/news/20180404/lawmen-hs-spring-break-chaperone-throws-house-party-with-pot-alcohol
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Cool stories but more applicable to National News or even Health and Education if it involves students.