Author Topic: Hurtling to earth at 17,000mph  (Read 1332 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Hurtling to earth at 17,000mph
« on: April 01, 2018, 11:29:12 pm »

Dailymail.com
By Tim Stickings For Mailonline and Rory Tingle
1 April 2018

China's defunct Tiangong 1 space station is hurtling towards Earth and expected to re-enter the atmosphere within the next few hours.

The Aerospace Corporation predicts Tiangong 1's re-entry will take place within two hours either side of 1.30am BST on Monday (8.30pm on Sunday in New York and 10.30am on Monday in Sydney).

Based on the space station's orbit, it will come back to Earth somewhere 43 degrees north and 43 degrees south, a range covering most of the United States, China, Africa, southern Europe, Australia and South America. Out of range are Russia, Canada and northern Europe.

China's space authority said on Sunday that the station would hit speeds of nearly 17,000mph before disintegrating. They previously said its fiery disintegration would offer a 'splendid' show akin to a meteor shower.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5567801/Chinese-space-station-hurtling-Earth-set-enter-atmosphere-hours.html#ixzz5BSyjIl6X
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline corbe

Re: Hurtling to earth at 17,000mph
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 11:53:33 pm »
    If this thing takes you out  @240B  we will posthumourously give you the reward you so seek and spend less than a day talking about what a great person you are, otherwise, DONATE to TBR!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 12:04:22 am »
China's space authority said on Sunday that the station would hit speeds of nearly 17,000mph before disintegrating. They previously said its fiery disintegration would offer a 'splendid' show akin to a meteor shower.

Yes, these do look splendid.  Until they hit you.

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 12:51:15 am »
It hasn't been travelling at around 17,000 MPH for a long time?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 12:53:07 am »
It hasn't been travelling at around 17,000 MPH for a long time?

Only as long as it can get to the crash site.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018, 01:00:13 am »
Only as long as it can get to the crash site.

I figured it was going about 17K since about the day it was launched, give or take nothing.

Wish I knew if I'd be able to see it burn up in re-entry, sounds like a great show, but then I'd just want to see another one an hour later.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2018, 01:02:58 am »
I figured it was going about 17K since about the day it was launched, give or take nothing.

Wish I knew if I'd be able to see it burn up in re-entry, sounds like a great show, but then I'd just want to see another one an hour later.
If you can stay awake for it... it looks like it will start to blaze a trail of destruction starting in about 4 hours.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 01:14:22 am »
If you can stay awake for it... it looks like it will start to blaze a trail of destruction starting in about 4 hours.

We should know pretty soon which orbital path it will be on, so we can maybe narrow down the East-or-West part of this.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Concerned

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2018, 01:23:36 am »
I don't buy lottery tickets so I feel pretty safe:

"So if the odds of winning the Powerball jackpot are about one in 292 million, as has been reported, then carrying out the math means your odds of a ding from the space station debris are about one in 292 trillion. "

https://www.livescience.com/61955-chinese-space-station-reentry.html
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline corbe

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2018, 01:26:50 am »
   If a piece of it takes out an unoccupied floor of Trump Tower, will the Trumpers admit that it is indeed an Omen?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2018, 01:32:50 am »
We should know pretty soon which orbital path it will be on, so we can maybe narrow down the East-or-West part of this.

It will a crap shoot.    BTW what is corbe's longitude?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2018, 01:36:00 am »
Down and burned up over the Southern Pacific Ocean

9:17 p.m. EDT: Tiangong-1 has deorbited and reentered the atmosphere, as confirmed by the U.S. Air Force's 18th Space Control Squadron. The space station came down at 8:16 p.m. EDT on April 1 (00:16 UTC on April 2), and burned up over the southern Pacific Ocean.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline WingNot

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2018, 01:37:39 am »

9:17 p.m. EDT: Tiangong-1 has deorbited and reentered the atmosphere, as confirmed by the U.S. Air Force's 18th Space Control Squadron. The space station came down at 8:16 p.m. EDT on April 1 (00:16 UTC on April 2), and burned up over the southern Pacific Ocean.

Bull shit.

Offline corbe

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2018, 01:44:19 am »
   I'm to dam stubborn to die @Wingnut, regardless of longitude/latitude. 
   Though I must admit altitude is an important factor in discovery for my poor lost soul, since I smoke weed.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2018, 02:00:13 am »

As predicted.  It's just math.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2018, 02:07:30 am »
   If a piece of it takes out an unoccupied floor of Trump Tower, will the Trumpers admit that it is indeed an Omen?

If it takes out a piece of @corbe tower, will his minions admit he's Damien?