Author Topic: Homeless encampment relocation plan has California residents outraged  (Read 1685 times)

rangerrebew

Homeless encampment relocation plan has California residents outraged

By Travis Fedschun

Published March 26, 2018
FoxNews.com

A plan to house hundreds of homeless people in a tent city near a popular Southern California park was met with fierce public resistance, forcing an upcoming vote to rescind the scheme.

The Orange County Board of Supervisors is set to meet Tuesday to figure out where to relocate people, after a federal judge forced the county to come up with a plan to house the homeless population located along the Santa Ana River.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/26/homeless-encampment-relocation-plan-has-california-residents-outraged.print.html

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Homeless encampment relocation plan has California residents outraged
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 05:59:12 pm »
...after a federal judge forced the county to come up with a plan to house the homeless population...

I wonder what such a ruling was based on?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 06:14:38 pm »
Hey @truth_seeker have you seen this?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 06:47:30 pm »
Hey @truth_seeker have you seen this?
I know plenty about it. The problem has several dimensions.

The "settlement" of homeless has grown organically along the Santa Ana River, which is a county owned property.

Basically nobody wants the homeless near their homes, businesses, recreational facilities etc.

Now that locations in the three cities has been rejected, next up is a mental health facility in Costa Mesa, which is many decades old.

Bleeding heart liberal do-gooders claim the homeless are mentally ill, so they use drugs and alcohol. Rational conservatives claim many of the homeless are addicts//alcoholics that have drugged themselves into mental illness.

The situation is a long term result, of forcing the public to endure "mainstreaming" of people that are not normal, in school, in society at large.

This issue and the sanctuary city issue, are good for conservative political interests in California, if there is any chance left.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2018, 06:52:32 pm »
I know plenty about it.

I'm sure you do. What's your cut on moving units (tents) in that new development (homeless camp)?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2018, 05:24:20 am »
I know plenty about it. The problem has several dimensions.

The "settlement" of homeless has grown organically along the Santa Ana River, which is a county owned property.

Basically nobody wants the homeless near their homes, businesses, recreational facilities etc.

Now that locations in the three cities has been rejected, next up is a mental health facility in Costa Mesa, which is many decades old.

Bleeding heart liberal do-gooders claim the homeless are mentally ill, so they use drugs and alcohol. Rational conservatives claim many of the homeless are addicts//alcoholics that have drugged themselves into mental illness.

The situation is a long term result, of forcing the public to endure "mainstreaming" of people that are not normal, in school, in society at large.

This issue and the sanctuary city issue, are good for conservative political interests in California, if there is any chance left.
@truth_seeker
How poetic, since it's them and the ACLU that worked so hard to put them on the streets decades ago. I was just on the 57 today and noticed that they dumped large mounds of dirt all along the fences where the encampments were. While some of these people are undoubtedly mentally ill, there is also a large segment that wants to live this way and others that need a hand up. While Fairview has 215 acres I would hope they are thinking of locating the homeless to a tent camp on the grounds with a high perimeter fence and security, I don't think it's any more right putting them in the same facility with mentally and developmentally disabled who would be at risk then the communities that complained.