Author Topic: Sen. Menendez leaves corruption case behind, seeks 3rd term  (Read 1782 times)

Offline Concerned

Sen. Menendez leaves corruption case behind, seeks 3rd term
« on: March 28, 2018, 11:26:18 am »
U.S. Sen. Bob Menendez has put a federal corruption case behind him, and now he is taking aim at his Republican challenger, a wealthy former biopharmaceutical executive.

The 64-year-old New Jersey Democrat announced he will begin his re-election campaign on Wednesday with stops in his hometown of Union City, outside of New York City, and at Rowan College in southern New Jersey.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/sen-menendez-leaves-corruption-case-seeks-3rd-term-54059290
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Concerned

Re: Sen. Menendez leaves corruption case behind, seeks 3rd term
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 11:26:26 am »
And with a 17 point lead, he's likely to win, too.  Sickening.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 04:05:54 pm »
Wednesday, 28 Mar 2018 08:18 AM

U.S. Sen. Bob Menendez has put a federal corruption case behind him, and now he is taking aim at his Republican challenger, a wealthy former biopharmaceutical executive.

The 64-year-old New Jersey Democrat announced he will begin his re-election campaign on Wednesday with stops in his hometown of Union City, outside of New York City, and at Rowan College in southern New Jersey.

The two-term senator is being challenged by Bob Hugin, a Republican and political newcomer who formerly headed Celgene, a pharmaceutical company.

more
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/menendez-new-jersey-third-term/2018/03/28/id/851188/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 05:04:20 pm »
His former defense lawyer, Abbe Lowell is keeping busy, as well.  He's now working as Kushner's attorney, while the business deals are being investigated.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2018, 05:06:30 pm »
He is a perfect Democrat, so he us likely to get reelected.

Franken proved that only pictures make much difference

Wish Christie would take him out.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 05:06:54 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 05:39:44 pm »
Book mark.

Ping @Concerned
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 01:43:14 am »
He's a foreign policy hawk, on Cuba, on Iran... no he is not a typical democrat but he is on social issues from what I've heard. His being problematic on the Iran deal may have gotten him in hot water with the Obama administration and it has been opined that is why they went after him.

Senators Rubio and Menendez request extradition of 70 U.S. fugitives hiding in Cuba
February 8, 2018 by Carlos Eire   

Will this Resolution in the U.S. Senate have any real effect? Highly unlikely, but it’s the right kind of gesture. And, who knows, with the Trumpinator in the White House…. ? The game has changed and the Normalization Circus is as dead as P.T. Barnum, Fidel, and Fidelito. Press release from the office of Sen. … Read more

https://babalublog.com/2018/02/08/senators-rubio-and-menendez-request-extradiction-of-70-u-s-fugitives-hiding-in-cuba/

DOJ drops all charges on Sen. Bob Menendez, ends witch hunt on senator who opposed Obama’s policies in Cuba and Iran
February 6, 2018 by Alberto de la Cruz   

Via the Free Cuba Foundation: Obama era witch-hunt against Hispanic New Jersey Senator who dissented over Iran, Cuba policies ends Politically motivated witch-hunt by Obama Administration against Democrat Senator who opposed him on Cuba and Iran policy ends. On July 31, 2018 the U.S. Justice Department dropped its case against Senator Robert Menendez bringing to … Read moreDOJ drops all charges on Sen. Bob Menendez, ends witch hunt on senator who opposed Obama’s policies in Cuba and Iran

https://babalublog.com/2018/02/06/doj-drops-all-charges-on-sen-bob-menendez-ends-witch-hunt-on-senator-who-opposed-obamas-policies-in-cuba-and-iran/

Obama set out to punish Menendez over Cuba and Iran
November 17, 2017 by Silvio Canto Jr.   

Like some of you, I followed the Menendez’ trial from a distance.    At the same time, I always felt that there was more to the trial than corruption.   After all, why was this US Senator singled out for helping his friends? I am happy to read this from our friend Monica Showalter: “It sure … Read more

https://babalublog.com/?s=menendez

The blog could be wrong, I could be wrong but I've heard him speak, he sounds decent on foreign affairs.  It also would not surprise me if there is nothing true in the tawdry tales told about him. ... meaning, nothing true about seeing these prostitutes in the Dominican Republic, etc. etc.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 01:44:26 am by TomSea »