Author Topic: The Blues Channel  (Read 48614 times)

Offline corbe

Re: The Blues Channel
« Reply #125 on: August 12, 2019, 01:25:15 am »
Need your love so bad - Allman brothers band

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

« Reply #126 on: August 18, 2019, 09:12:56 pm »
Dire Straits - Fade to Black

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #127 on: August 18, 2019, 09:26:57 pm »
Willie Dixon  -  You Shook Me

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

« Reply #128 on: August 31, 2019, 02:55:31 am »
   She's been gone for a week, I check the Obits in the local rag online and the Jail records of all surrounding counties, she's not there,  (thank you Bail Bond PC Customer for the passwords), that's a good thing.
   She's not a young woman (55) and to think she's living on the Guadalupe River in this Texas August heat, just breaks my heart.   

Everybody has a Rock Bottom they need to find, at times, and the Enablers that they seek prevent that from happening.

Tony Joe White - Closer To The Truth

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #129 on: September 07, 2019, 04:27:38 pm »
   She's been gone for a week, I check the Obits in the local rag online and the Jail records of all surrounding counties, she's not there,  (thank you Bail Bond PC Customer for the passwords), that's a good thing.
   She's not a young woman (55) and to think she's living on the Guadalupe River in this Texas August heat, just breaks my heart.   

Everybody has a Rock Bottom they need to find, at times, and the Enablers that they seek prevent that from happening.

Tony Joe White - Closer To The Truth

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

That reminds me a lot of Pink Floyd, especially the 'wish you were here' album, a bit like 'shine on you crazy diamond'. I might post that later.

Offline corbe

« Reply #130 on: September 08, 2019, 07:02:15 pm »
D Man - Ain't Enough Whiskey

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #131 on: September 12, 2019, 01:45:27 am »
Delbert McClinton  -  Two More Bottles of Wine

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #132 on: September 27, 2019, 07:30:41 pm »
John Lee Hooker & Lightning Hopkins  -  Rock With Me

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

« Reply #133 on: October 03, 2019, 04:04:00 am »
Blues Cousins - The thrill is gone

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline corbe

« Reply #134 on: October 27, 2019, 11:30:26 pm »
John Lyons - Lonely Fool

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #135 on: October 31, 2019, 03:17:19 am »
Johnny Rivers  -  John Lee Hooker (Live)

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

« Reply #136 on: November 06, 2019, 04:55:53 pm »
Johnnie Lovesin - Sleepless

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #137 on: November 06, 2019, 05:06:53 pm »
Why has no one told me about this channel before?

There are two types of music,blues,and other stuff.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline corbe

« Reply #138 on: November 08, 2019, 04:02:29 pm »
Gerald McClendon - Cold In The Streets

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #139 on: November 08, 2019, 04:14:51 pm »
Lynyrd Skynyrd  -  I Need You

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

« Reply #140 on: November 11, 2019, 03:18:11 am »
Alan Price - To Ramona

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline corbe

« Reply #141 on: November 27, 2019, 02:49:41 am »
John Hiatt - Feels Like Rain

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline corbe

« Reply #142 on: December 08, 2019, 05:31:05 pm »
Johnny Lang-A Quitter Never Wins

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #143 on: December 08, 2019, 06:11:59 pm »
Delbert McClinton  -  The Jealous Kind

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

*fixed it for ya @Hoodat   Great Song, Love the Horns
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 07:13:19 pm by corbe »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #144 on: December 08, 2019, 09:00:28 pm »
Johnny Rivers  -  John Lee Hooker (Live)

@Hoodat

Spending a little time with the real thing today . . .

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

I had to post the individual sides because nobody on YouTube has yet posted this jewel of an anthology . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline corbe

« Reply #145 on: December 13, 2019, 12:08:01 am »
Snowy White - Voices in the rain

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #146 on: December 20, 2019, 07:11:25 pm »
Lightning Hopkins  -  Bring Me My Shotgun

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #147 on: December 20, 2019, 07:47:16 pm »
I've been fortunate enough in my lifetime to see the following Blues musicians live:

B.B. King
Albert King
Buddy Guy
Gatemouth Brown
Albert Collins
Johnny Clyde Copeland
Robert Cray
Lonnie Johnson
Etta James
Duke Robillard
Ronnie Earl
Room full of Blues
Lou Ann Barton
Marcia Ball
Lonnie Mack
Susan Tedechi
Little Charlie and the Night Cats
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Fabulous Thunderbirds (Jimmie Vaughan)
Eric Clapton
Allman Brother (newer version-w/o Duane and Dickie, but with Trucks on slide)

From the late eighties to the mid nineties, I was a lead guitarist in a blues band called "The Detonators"
We did okay, had plenty of work.
We played regularly in a venue called "Billy Blues" in Houston, on Richmond Avenue.
It was known for this big blue saxophone statue made of Volkswagen parts, at the entrance to the building.
Here's a link to a photograph of it:

www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&id=2D2DE7E660B5D7C18B599CFF79E0E1E4C1D1A594&thid=OIP.ddbYC5gCX018auZv1tl0SwAAAA&mediaurl=http%3A%2F%2Fww3.hdnux.com%2Fphotos%2F20%2F17%2F63%2F4259030%2F11%2F622x350.jpg&exph=350&expw=256&q=billy+blues+saxophone+statue&selectedindex=0&qpvt=billy+blues+saxophone+statue&ajaxhist=0&vt=0&eim=1,2,6

I love this subject

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #148 on: December 20, 2019, 08:45:45 pm »
Coming in February: a set of four complete concerts including their original Royal Albert Hall farewell from 1968, with several solid blues performances aboard . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #149 on: December 20, 2019, 11:15:38 pm »
Great news for most of us!

Adele is getting divorced,and coming out with a new album soon.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!