Author Topic: Water park company co-owner held without bond in Texas (Schlitterbahn)  (Read 1171 times)

Online corbe

Water park company co-owner held without bond in Texas

Associated Press
By JOHN HANNA, Associated Press
49 mins ago

UPDATE: The number of people indicted in the death of a 10-year-old Kansas boy on what was promoted as the world's largest waterslide has grown to three.

The Kansas attorney general's office says Schlitterbahn Waterparks and Resorts co-owner Jeffrey Henry and ride designer John Schooley are charged with reckless second-degree murder in the indictment unsealed Tuesday. The charges stem from the 2016 death of Caleb Schwab who was decapitated in 2016 when his ride went airborne at the water park in Kansas City, Kansas.

Schlitterbahn didn't immediately respond to questions about whether they have attorneys.

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/water-park-company-co-owner-held-without-bond-in-texas/ar-BBKM4a0?ocid=ientp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Schlitterbahn was founded in my little town and is currently, still, headquartered here.  The Henry's go back a long ways here, particularly in their infamous fights with City Council over water rights in/on both the Comal River/Edwards Aquifer and are a Major employer.  They are having a lot of problems, everywhere they have Water Parks or are trying to open one. 
   I smell a Bankruptcy pending.

Disclaimer:  Their 'O'riginal park is 2 blocks away, big tourist draw, was open for Spring Break last week, never been there.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

Henry made a "spur of the moment" decision in 2012 to build the world's tallest water slide to impress the producers of a Travel Channel show...

Well since Kansas is arresting everyone involve, why isn't Samantha Brown being grabbed?

BTW if this dead kid wasn't the offspring of the protected class, none of this would be happening.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 08:10:46 pm by Frank Cannon »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Seems as long as we have lawyer ambulance chasers, we will never embrace personal responsibility.

Death is tragic, but it is advertised as a thrill ride.  I guess all who ride these types of rides in the future will have to sign liability waiver prior to riding.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington