Author Topic: Former Supreme Court justice: ‘Repeal the Second Amendment’  (Read 53008 times)

Offline the_doc

The first few times they peel off a civilian, yes.  Not so much once everybody gets word of it.

My concerns is that "peacekeepers" would not "peel off" a civilian or two.  They would mortar an entire town to "pacify" it.  So, we would have to throw together a militia to mobilize outside our homes.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The comments to Jazz so far only serve to buttress his point. Everyone seems to have a different perspective on the meaning of the second amendment as written. I’ve heard these same arguments now for decades.

Seems to me if someone finds it necessary to quote writers from the day to explain what the second amendment means to say, and if we want to make the second amendment immune from liberal misinterpretation, we might want to correct the sentence structure to clarify and strengthen the language protecting the individual right to KABA.

Good idea.  Let's allow lawyers to rewrite the Second Amendment.  That way, they can use legalese to parse it to the point of being meaningless.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
My concerns is that "peacekeepers" would not "peel off" a civilian or two.  They would mortar an entire town to "pacify" it.  So, we would have to throw together a militia to mobilize outside our homes.

They might even get away with that...until the members of the military start activating themselves and start mortaring the UN troops, and trying the ones not killed in the barrage for the murder of US citizens.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline mountaineer

Some clown on Facebook just attempted to remind me that prohibition once was in the Constitution and then it was repealed.
Oh yes, I can see how prohibition is essential to the rights of Americans vs. a tyrannical government.  *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline the_doc

They might even get away with that...until the members of the military start activating themselves and start mortaring the UN troops, and trying the ones not killed in the barrage for the murder of US citizens.

Perzackly.

Offline aligncare

Some people have a hard time understanding life outside their sheltered environment.

And some people in the sparsely populated countryside have a hard time understanding the problems that folks living in the asphalt jungles of America face every day. It goes both ways.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Some clown on Facebook just attempted to remind me that prohibition once was in the Constitution and then it was repealed.
Oh yes, I can see how prohibition is essential to the rights of Americans vs. a tyrannical government.  *****rollingeyes*****

Prohibition has stood for nearly a century as an example of why we don't do crap like that.  Do it again with firearms and the non-compliance will make Prohibition look like a church ice-cream social.
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

And some people in the sparsely populated countryside have a hard time understanding the problems that folks living in the asphalt jungles of America face every day. It goes both ways.

The difference being that as a rule, the country isn't imposing itself upon the city - Quite the other way around.

Offline thackney

We have multiple clear demonstrations of strict gun control and the results against homicide and violent crime in Chicago, Detroit, DC, as well as others.

Decades of failure seems to only bring continued ignorance.

In 1980, the US and Brazil had similar homicide rates.  Since then we have done a lot to give more individual rights of arms and Brazil went the other way with strict control.  Now the US homicide rate is about half while Brazil's has tripled.  They are finally beginning to see the light.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,309715.msg1643656.html#msg1643656

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

That would be a reasonable comparison if the country folk were demanding the right to drive around the city sans license and registration, or were demanding the city-folk assume similar rules as country-folk and abolish all registration.

That's not happening, your argument is invalid.
I will NOT comply.

Online LMAO

Prohibition has stood for nearly a century as an example of why we don't do crap like that.  Do it again with firearms and the non-compliance will make Prohibition look like a church ice-cream social.

At the same time,look at the near police state we’re getting when it comes to the drug war. Hard to say how much our country has learned from the experiment called Prohibition
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
At the same time,look at the near police state we’re getting when it comes to the drug war. Hard to say how much our country has learned from the experiment called Prohibition

It would appear we have not learned.  Instead, grabbers have decided that's the path they want to take with guns.
I will NOT comply.

Online LMAO

It would appear we have not learned.  Instead, grabbers have decided that's the path they want to take with guns.

I don’t know if you have Netflix but there’s a Ken Burns Documentary  about Prohibition  and it’s history. The rhetoric used to Outlaw alcohol is the same rhetoric people use to outlaw firearms
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
The difference being that as a rule, the country isn't imposing itself upon the city - Quite the other way around.

Not on this issue, though.   On the subject of guns,  country folks want their values imposed on the city.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I don’t know if you have Netflix but there’s a Ken Burns Documentary  about Prohibition  and it’s history. The rhetoric used to Outlaw alcohol is the same rhetoric people use to outlaw firearms

No, don't have Netflix.  I had it, but after months of not finding anything worth watching I nixed it.

Did they call for "common sense restrictions on booze" and insist they weren't going to take anybody's away from them?

I will NOT comply.

Offline thackney

Not on this issue, though.   On the subject of guns,  country folks want their values imposed on the city.   

We want the Constitution upheld, not ignored.  The same Constitution applies to us all.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
That was an anomaly.  It will never happen today.  Remember repeal only happened because the women got the vote, Pretty much and everything went to hell after that.  So, while our boys was overseas fighting the Kaiser, they got prohibition enacted all because the men folk weren't here to control the hussy's.  It was a sad time. A dark time when drinking and gambling and whoring were declared unlawful.

Not exactly.  The 18th Amendment was enacted in January 1920.  Women got the right to vote 8 months later in August with the 19th Amendment.  WWI had been over almost 2 years, by that time.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Somewhere between 16-20,000 laws from the local to the federal level in this country regulating guns and their use...and not one of the people advocating for even further regulation can tell us what one more law would accomplish.

It's an open question I'll continue to post in these debates until one of the gun grabbers decides to quit ignoring to question and actually try to explain why one more law will make a difference.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online roamer_1

No, the cities all have ineffective and constitution defying gun controls, that are not only egregious (to the point of insanity), but also, flatly, don't work. Their answer to that, as all things liberal, is more of the same, only now at a federal level - imposing their insanity nation-wide. That is without a doubt, city imposing itself on the country.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

The hazard of agreeing individual people in the city do not have the right to protect themselves from predators is the probability that governmental sentiment will spread to all other places around the country.  Take a natural right away from one person, and it becomes easier to take that right away from all people (while reserving that right to the people writing the rules).
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

If I hadn't used all my tinfoil grilling last week when the weather was nice, I'd make a hat and swear this op-ed is designed to foment a reaction from some group to seize the Harper's Ferry Armory.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
No, the cities all have ineffective and constitution defying gun controls, that are not only egregious (to the point of insanity), but also, flatly, don't work. Their answer to that, as all things liberal, is more of the same, only now at a federal level - imposing their insanity nation-wide. That is without a doubt, city imposing itself on the country.

Licensure and registration is not insanity.  Requiring all gun transactions to be documented and subject to background checks is not insanity.   These are reasonable and efficacious measures to both permit law enforcement to determine a firearm's provenance, as well as to discourage private, underground sales.   And none of these things infringe on our natural right to defend ourselves.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline edpc

More like the Harper Valley PTA.

Valerie would have to wear the pirate ensemble, like her Rhoda character.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Licensure and registration is not insanity.  Requiring all gun transactions to be documented and subject to background checks is not insanity.   These are reasonable and efficacious measures to both permit law enforcement to determine a firearm's provenance, as well as to discourage private, underground sales.   And none of these things infringe on our natural right to defend ourselves.     

What about the instances that have been mentioned about registration turning into confiscation right here in the good old US of A?
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

Licensure and registration is not insanity. 

Yes, it most certainly is.

Requiring all gun transactions to be documented and subject to background checks is not insanity.   

Yes, it most certainly is - Again your citified ways do not work. Especially so out here. y'all have been doing exactly this in cities all around the country, and it is beyond ineffective.

These are reasonable and efficacious measures to both permit law enforcement to determine a firearm's provenance, as well as to discourage private, underground sales.   

No, they are nether reasonable, nor efficacious. Or gun crime would be nonexistent in the mega-cities that already employ these methods.

And none of these things infringe on our natural right to defend ourselves.     

The hell you say. A natural right is not subject to imposition. It is natural. You are making it a privilege, assigned by men. What men assign, men can take away.