Author Topic: Trump's Legal Threats Backfire  (Read 721 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Trump's Legal Threats Backfire
« on: March 26, 2018, 03:56:30 pm »
The president is used to getting his way by bluster and intimidation, but the strategy that once worked for him is now working against him.....

....Minutes after the Stormy Daniels interview on 60 Minutes, Team Trump fired off a heavy-breathing lawyer’s letter, bristling with phrases like “cease and desist” and “retract and apologize.”.....

....USA Today tallied the heavy-handed Trump litigation strategy back in June 2016. Over three decades, Trump fought 3,500 lawsuits—and faced 200 mechanic’s liens—mostly arising from disputes over unpaid bills. His strategy was to contest everything, and never quit: “The Trump teams financially overpower and outlast much smaller opponents, draining their resources. Some just give up the fight, or settle for less; some have ended up in bankruptcy or out of business altogether.”.....

But....

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/03/trumps-legal-threats-backfire/556505/

Offline Concerned

Re: Trump's Legal Threats Backfire
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 10:35:39 am »
And least we forget, it's been almost a year and a half since, of his many sexual assault accusers, he said:  "All of these liars will be sued after the election is over."  Still waiting, but I suspect this was just another lie.  I don't think there's a law suit forthcoming against these 11 accusers. 
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.