Author Topic: What? School district arms students with buckets of rocks to thwart potential killers  (Read 1306 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
BizPac Review
Luis Miguel
March 23, 2018

Yes, they’re serious.

The superintendent of a Pennsylvania school district told state lawmakers that his students are trained to protect themselves against mass shooters with rocks, and that buckets of river stones are placed in every classroom, KTVI reports.

(more)
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2018/03/23/what-school-district-arms-students-with-buckets-of-rocks-to-thwart-potential-killers-616509
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 08:41:48 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Next thing you know they will tell Rape Victims to urinate on themselves before the attack
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Next thing you know they will tell Rape Victims to urinate on themselves before the attack

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
On the one side Liberals say that a pistol is too impotent to hurt anybody or stop a shooter.
On the other side they want to ban pistols as being 'too dangerous for the common public'.

Well, which is it? Are they ineffective pea shooters, or are they dangerous implements of war? They can't be both.

Only a demented Liberal mind could possibly think this way.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
So bigger projectiles at slower speeds like rocks - good. Smaller projectiles at higher speeds like bullets - bad. Got it.

Perfect illustration of leftist scams. They hate guns, pure and simple, because few guns means govt can push it's citizens around more and eliminate any who opposite.

Just more of the spawn of Stalin not falling far from the tree.
The Republic is lost.

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Wow. I'm having flashbacks to reading Shirley Jackson's "The Lottery"
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online roamer_1

Never bring a knife to a gunfight.

Seems that would apply all the more to a bucket of rocks.
 **nononono* *****rollingeyes*****

Offline musiclady

Leftists........ dumber than a box of.........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online roamer_1

Leftists........ dumber than a box of.........

hammers? :P

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Liberal loopy logic at work. We know that rocks are what they call "safe". So we give safe stuff to people to defend themselves. Would they give each student a Glock 9MM? No. Because they know that will kill you.

So they are deliberately giving these kids 'rocks', because they know that they are 'safe'. Yeah sure. That's what I need. A 'safe' way to stop somebody from killing me. Idiots and fools all of them. Liberals are the reason that these people do what they do. Liberals are idiots.

I'm telling you for real. Only a demented Liberal mind could possibly think this way. They are mentally messed up. They really are.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 08:52:07 am by 240B »

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I’m hiding my pet rock. He’s not safe.

(Yes, my dad bought me a pet rock when they were the big thing. Yes I still have him) he’s my buddy!

But seriously, this is an idea that just screams “Edsel” or some other epic fail. But it’s good to strengthen your arm muscles carrying heavy weights! :)
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mountaineer

Wow. I'm having flashbacks to reading Shirley Jackson's "The Lottery"
Good catch!  :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline goatprairie

On the one side Liberals say that a pistol is too impotent to hurt anybody or stop a shooter.
On the other side they want to ban pistols as being 'too dangerous for the common public'.

Well, which is it? Are they ineffective pea shooters, or are they dangerous implements of war? They can't be both.

Only a demented Liberal mind could possibly think this way.
You are correct. I've noticed quite a few comments from liberals who are absolutely sure that a handgun is worthless against a person armed with an "assault" rifle.
When they do, I like to mention the incident in Texas a year or so ago when several jihadis armed with automatic rifles drove up to a building where a speech was being given by some conservative speaker.
The place was guarded by two security guards armed with handguns.
As the jihadis got out their car they began firing at the security guards who were outside the building. One of the guards shot both jihadis with his handgun killing one and wounding the other.
And this was not in a confined space, this was outside of a building where supposedly it was easier for a person with a rifle to defeat a person armed with a handgun.
The incident proved that a trained person with a handgun can defeat a person or persons armed with automatic rifles.

Offline mountaineer

From Blue Lives Matter:
... Blue Lives Matter's Editor-in-Chief reviewed the idea and offered some support.

"It's actually not as stupid as it may sound to arm students with rocks," he said. "Normally, they'd be trained to barricade in the classroom, and if the shooter makes entry, throw books or other objects and then attempt to swarm the gunman. Rocks could be a more effective alternative to books. It's great that the school is getting some modern training."

"Although it's not clear why adults in the school wouldn't take responsibility to be armed with more modern weapons," he added. ...
More
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Give the kids a chance with something that rocks, instead of rocks!

Online roamer_1

Give the kids a chance with something that rocks, instead of rocks!

I took a deer with one of those a couple years before I got sick... used the black bands and modified to to rest a crossbow bolt... I can pull 55lbs with all that.

Offline berdie

BizPac Review
Luis Miguel
March 23, 2018

Yes, they’re serious.

The superintendent of a Pennsylvania school district told state lawmakers that his students are trained to protect themselves against mass shooters with rocks, and that buckets of river stones are placed in every classroom, KTVI reports.

(more)
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2018/03/23/what-school-district-arms-students-with-buckets-of-rocks-to-thwart-potential-killers-616509

well, I guess it's better than nothing. Not much better.