Author Topic: BROKEN PROMISE: Trump, GOP Congress Give Planned Parenthood $500 Million In Taxpayer Funds  (Read 4437 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
No idea what that means.....Trump had the power to veto this bill
He could have done just that, and thus challenged Congress to justify the Planned Parenthood spending and all the other goodies in this bill
that would have warmed the cockles of the heart of any Democratic president (but . . . Hilarious!). Just the way President Lips II could
(and should) have vetoed McCain-Feingold (among a host of others, but especially because he knew and said as much for a year before
it landed on his desk
that that bill was unconstitutional) and put the onus on Congress to justify the bill, if they could override it.

Oops. There goes the "it's all Congress's fault" argument.

I listened to many of Trump's campaign speeches where he promised NEVER to fund PP...I unfortunately believed him.
As if we never had a president who went, "Oops! I lied," about his campaign promises.

I say again---find me the man or woman who has to be dragged kicking and screaming into running for the presidency. I could be wrong, but I think the last
such president we had was Dwight Eisenhower. (Who wasn't exactly the ideal conservative president---not when he could suggest and then sign off on budgets
denounced as "dime-store New Deals"---but who seems to have been a genius compared to this.) Come to think of it, a Congress composed of men and women
who have to be dragged kicking and screaming into running in the first place wouldn't be a half bad idea, either.

Drain the swamp, my flippers. Donaldus Minimus has become it, and he was already showing that his idea of draining the swamp was merely to replace it with his
own swamp.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 04:21:05 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
You do not veto vitally-needed funding for our military over a few bucks for Planned Parenthood.  That is head-in-the-sand insane.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
You do not veto vitally-needed funding for our military over a few bucks for Planned Parenthood.  That is head-in-the-sand insane.

A "few bucks"???????

1.3 TRILLION - on top of the 700 BILLION from two months ago that was supposed to fund the military?

You know, what you stand for only lasts until you run out of other people's money.

And that time of recking is going to come soon.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Every admin. I can think of have funded to Planned Parenthood, I don't know about Bush Sr. that is Bush 41...

Close to half the people don't even vote, this is the government we get.

Has your pet group, Concerned Women For America weighed in yet, or are they too busy being Despondent Victims Of Betrayal?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 04:36:08 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline RoosGirl

I suggest you tell that to the Democrats and PP and see what they have to say.

Offline edpc

A "few bucks"???????

1.3 TRILLION - on top of the 700 BILLION from two months ago that was supposed to fund the military?

You know, what you stand for only lasts until you run out of other people's money.

And that time of recking is going to come soon.

No, no, no....@INVAR.  The $500M for Planned Parenthood is the ‘few bucks’ he’s talking about.  Governmental couch change.    *****rollingeyes*****
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 04:39:22 pm by edpc »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Here's what it means @mystery-ak  .....  Congress has the purse and the power to appropriate the money.

Would you be okay with this omnibus bill if PP wasn't funded and nothing else was different?

I don't know about Myst, but, hell no, I wouldn't be okay with this bill "if PP wasn't funded and nothing else was different".  Why would you even ask that?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I know of one senator who may not have voted this time, to fund PP, but he certainly did the last time. That's not Senator Rand Paul.

Offline edpc

Why would you even ask that?

Blade’s final words to Deacon Frost sum it up.

Offline EasyAce

This Air Force veteran would like to know whether that really justifies, among other things . . .

* $1 million for the Cultural Antiquities Task Force
* $6.25 million for the Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation
* $20 million for Countering Foreign State Propaganda
* $12 million for Countering State Disinformation and Pressure
* $1.371 billion for Contributions to International Organizations
* $51 million to promote International Family Planning and Reproductive Health
* $7 million promoting International Conservation
* $10 million for UN Environmental Programs
* $1 million for the World Meteorological Organization
* $218 million for Promoting Democracy Development in Europe
* $25 million for International Religious Freedom
* $10 million for disadvantaged Egyptian Students
* $12 million for Scholarships for Lebanon
* $20 million for Middle East Partnership Initiative Scholarship Program
* $12 million in military funding for Vietnam
* $3.5 million in nutrition assistance to Laos
* $15 million in Developmental assistance to China
* $10 million for Women LEOs in Afghanistan
* $58 million for the U.S. Post Office---if it promises not to close down small, underutilized, money-losing post offices. (Like that's going to happen.)
* $9 billion for Govt Services Admin that oversees federal properties. (News flash: The feds spend about $1.7 billion a year to keep up---wait for it!---770,000
empty buildings while still buying more properties.)
* $30 billion for the Energy Department. (Never mind that nuclear waste could be done reasonably by the Defense Department without compromising their
other investment needs.)
* $5 million for Vietnam Education Foundation Grants
* $ 2.579 million for Commission on Security and Co-operation in Europe
* $15 million to USAID for promoting international higher education between universities
* $2.696 billion for International Disaster Assistance
* $6 billion for the National Science Foundation. (Those fine folks who told you, among other things, that it was absolutely imperative that we learn whether
Japanese quail were more promiscuous sexually when wired up the kazoo on cocaine---$350,000 worth of imperative.)

(Special thanks to Sen. Rand Paul [R-Kentucky] for tweeting those gory details. He said at one point he'd sent out for pizza to keep him going while he read
the bill and tweeted the, ahem, highlights, or should that be lowlights. Someone should have sent him a goddam chateau briand for his trouble.)

Those numbers added up pass Planned Parenthood's approximately $500 million.

I'm all in favour of truly vital military spending. But this bill up and down was and is the kind of thing that we used to condemn Democratic
Congresses for writing and Democratic presidents for calling for and signing. This bill was so bad that forty percent of Democrats as well as forty
percent of Republicans on Crapola Hill voted against it. Remind me again why it was that imperative to keep Hilarious Rodent Clinton---who
could have been beaten in 2017 even by someone running on a dry cleaning ticket, she was so short-sighted and incompetent a campaigner, but
who would have just loved signing this piece of garbage or a reasonable facsimile thereof---from planting her ample derriere in the White
House?

This is where I stood during the general campaign in 2016, by the way:

And I've seen no reason whatsoever to apologise for or regret having voted "None of These Candidates" for the White House.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Every President since Clinton at least, has funded Planned Parenthood in this same manner. Of course, I don't expect honest debate with those tossing stones at this, nor should we forget, one Senator held in high regard, did vote to fund Planned Parenthood as well in the last go 'round.

Offline EasyAce

Every President since Clinton at least, has funded Planned Parenthood in this same manner.
Ahhhhh, the old "everybody does it" argument.

If "everybody" decides to have a public orgy in Central Park would that make it right?

Offline RoosGirl

Every President since Clinton at least, has funded Planned Parenthood in this same manner. Of course, I don't expect honest debate with those tossing stones at this, nor should we forget, one Senator held in high regard, did vote to fund Planned Parenthood as well in the last go 'round.

Blaming everyone else for this POTUS' failure.  Nice.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Every President since Clinton at least, has funded Planned Parenthood in this same manner.

But... but.... I thought you just a few days ago, lauded Trump as being the MOST pro-life President in the history of mankind for his defunding of PP??

Now, 'everyone does it' is your lame-ass excuse???

I don't suppose you have no clue how ridiculous you and your Trump supporting pals have made yourselves look with all these unicycle contortions of logic.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline bilo

And they were wrong to do it!

If Pres. Trump really wanted to be a great POTUS he should have vetoed this garbage and demanded the things he ran on. The idea that any subsequent bill would not have military spending in it doesn't make sense. Pres. Trump didn't veto this garbage and now he has turned himself into an empty suit. Until now it was reasonable to believe he was actively working towards fulfilling his campaign promises.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline NavyCanDo

I do believe Obama would have signed this bill as written.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Actually, sometimes Principles are exactly what you follow.

On the other hand, one can simply follow your line of reasoning.

'Vitally-needed funding'.  What a laugh.  One does not render 'Vitally-needed funding' in the dead of night without debate.

And your 'Vitally-needed funding' includes padding the expenses of Congress  Real vital, eh?

This is no process to run a country.  It is what swamp creatures do.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline EasyAce

'Vitally-needed funding'.  What a laugh.  One does not render 'Vitally-needed funding' in the dead of night without debate.
Remember, they had to pass it (and, presumably, Donaldus Minimus had to sign it) so they could see what was actually in it.

Seems that I've seen that happen before, under a predecessor Congress and predecessor president.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

You are right.  This is good. ^-^ for the GOP's sucessor.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 08:22:33 am by Once-Ler »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Nah.  He'll come back to lecture us that he still support's Trump because Trump defeated ISIS (when he did no such thing at all) - and because Trump is still the most Conservative president we have ever had.

QFT
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Blaming everyone else for this POTUS' failure.  Nice.

It's all he's got left. Expect more of it as this administration lurches forward.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline musiclady

Except that all of us who were paying attention knew that he was ALWAYS for it.

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.