Author Topic: James Woods Blasts Trump, ‘RINO Wimps’ Over Omnibus Budget Surrender  (Read 8015 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@DCPatriot @Right_in_Virginia

You both can feel free to look at my posts, I have given him credit where he has earned it.  Can either of you show where you’ve criticized him without making excuses for him?

My 'beef' is that it seems to be above an NT's grasp...the concept/context of 'you' vs. you.

Had a half dozen of you nice people reply with a variation of an "I told you so", etc., and I was addressing the group, so to speak.

All I recall regarding your POV on all matters 'Trump', is that you're not fond of him, but rather like one of the pair of old senile codgers in the opera box, joining in the piling on, as you did here.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Or he could be nothing more than the feather merchant we all told you he was.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 01:56:08 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline jpsb

Trump had no control. If he vetoed then they would have just waited him out.

It's funny how some people expect Trump to be a dictator when they want what they want.

He should have vetoed it and told Congress I will veto any and  every bill that does not fund
the wall. Instead he caved. Now Congress knows he is not serious about the wall. And now
everyone knows the GOP is not serious about anything. There is zero reason to send a
republican to congress. Trump threw his supporters under the bus, there is no way around that.

Offline jpsb

All I recall regarding your POV on all matters 'Trump', is that you're not fond of him, but rather like one of the pair of old senile codgers in the opera box, joining in the piling on, as you did here.   :laugh:

NevewrTrumpers are irrelevant. They took themselves out of the game and voted for someone
that did not have a snowballs chance in hell of winning. Effectively supporting Hillary. Trump did
not need the NTers and they are pissed off about that. Screw them.

Trump got rolled and caved. I think DoD Mattis threatened to resign if Trump did not sign.
Whatever the reason Trump just effectively ended his presidency. That should make all the
NeverTrumpers very happy. The Rats are now in control will impeach Trump in 2019 when they
take the House and Senate. NTers should be overjoyed at the prospect.

But if the Rats are smart they will not impeach Trump. Doing so would make him a martyr and the
push back might just be big enough to reelect him. The smart play is to just leave him alone as a
failed president. It is really sad to see Trump go down without even a fight.

One thing we'd learned is that most of the GOP is utterly worthless. I used to think the GOP could
be saved. I no longer do. My Rep voted no as did my senator Cruz, so rather then sit out
2018 I'll go a vote for them. But them only, the rest of my ballot stay blank.

Offline Axeslinger

My 'beef' is that it seems to be above an NT's grasp...the concept/context of 'you' vs. you.

Had a half dozen of you nice people reply with a variation of an "I told you so", etc., and I was addressing the group, so to speak.

@DCPatriot
Excellent job of deflection and refusing to answer the question...a tactic that is beneath you DC.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Silver Pines

The explanation is that Trump is a liar and a thief, just like the rest of DC, and his fans have been screwed. 

There is no excuse.

@Applewood

“Donald Trump will betray you on every issue.”

—- Ted. Cruz

Offline Axeslinger

It's funny how some people expect Trump to be a dictator when they want what they want.

That is biggest pile of horse hockey I’ve seen posted here in a while.  He has ONE power once congress passes a bill...and it is virtually absolute with a high bar for override.   And he utterly and completely caved.  What you posted is complete nonsense as even @jpsb noted
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Silver Pines

Nah.  I'd have more respect for your "doubts" if you'd place your disapproval where it belongs ... on Ryan and McConnell.  But then again, they are NT leaders, so silly me.

@Right_in_Virginia

Like you said elsewhere, you haven’t lost a drop of faith in Trump.  But the core of believers who place faith in a politician and seek to deflect all blame away from him is shrinking.  Washington Republicans and Trump—-they all suck. 

Thanks to their cowardice, we’ll keep paying Planned Parenthood to murder infants. 

Silver Pines

@DCPatriot @Right_in_Virginia

You both can feel free to look at my posts, I have given him credit where he has earned it.  Can either of you show where you’ve criticized him without making excuses for him?

@Axeslinger

I do give @DCPatriot credit for being honest enough to admit he isn’t happy.  He’ll probably yell at me for it, lol.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump got rolled and caved. I think DoD Mattis threatened to resign if Trump did not sign.
Whatever the reason Trump just effectively ended his presidency. That should make all the
NeverTrumpers very happy.

I have to disagree...I don't think anyone is happy. I am not a NT but those who are here don't want him to fail they want him to act as a conservative as he claims to be...no true conservative would have voted for this garbage. Now I am afraid, as you have noted, he has already lost in 2020..I don't even want to think about what is going to happen this Nov.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
The 'ONLY' explanation that I could accept:

President Trump thinks that we're too close to getting into a shooting war of some type with somebody...and the intel he's getting says, "WE'RE NOT READY!"

So...in exchange for funding/fixing our military readiness that has been sorely neglected (so they tell us), he let 'HIS' House and Senate possibly mortally wound him...

What else could be the explanation?   ...not getting it.

I take the President at his word.   The urgent priority is to fund the military after years of arbitrary belt-tightening in the service of Congressional budgetary gimmicks.    This finally gets the military the money it needs on an ongoing basis. 

Is that more important that petty domestic bickering/preening/chest-thumping over DACA and the Wall and Planned Parenthood?  HELL YEAH.   Screw the "base" - I am with our fighting men.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 02:57:44 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline edpc

I have to disagree...I don't think anyone is happy. I am not a NT but those who are here don't want him to fail they want him to act as a conservative as he claims to be...

Being unsurprised about who he is doesn't make anyone who saw this as an eventuality happy at all.  I figured he'd wait until the second term to completely unwind like an old Titleist. 

Offline endicom

That is biggest pile of horse hockey I’ve seen posted here in a while.  He has ONE power once congress passes a bill...and it is virtually absolute with a high bar for override.   And he utterly and completely caved.  What you posted is complete nonsense as even @jpsb noted

You believe that the following bill would be better? How many vetoes over what period of time would improve anything?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
As a reminder, the defense budget is a separate bill and Trump signed a $700 billion defense budget bill back in December saying it was needed for all the things he said yesterday's bill was also needed for. 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-trump-military-budget-20171212-story.html

So what became of December's $700 billion that was supposed to be for the year?

Offline edpc

I take the President at his word.   The urgent priority is to fund the military after years of arbitrary belt-tightening in the service of Congressional budgetary gimmicks.    This finally gets the military the money it needs on an ongoing basis. 

Is that more important that petty domestic bickering/preening/chest-thumping over DACA and the Wall and Planned Parenthood?  HELL YEAH.   Screw the "base" - I am with our fighting men.

Which word?  It continually changes on a wide variety of subjects.  As far as the 'petty bickering' goes, those two things you mentioned - pro life position and immigration - were huge reasons why he received support in the campaign.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Oh Please!...don't turn this into we oppose our military.

Trump should have vetoed this garbage and called back all of Congress to get this Bill done right..where is the courage and bravado he sowed during the campaign.

And don't tell me he was under the gun to get this signed...let the government shut down. I and his base would have loved it...all he had to do was address the the American people and read what was in the bill...oh wait..no one read it!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Good insight.   The President's veto threat is too blunt an instrument.  (What he needs is a line-item veto.)  This crap with temporary budgets and government shutdowns and artificial starvation of our military has got to stop.    Kudos to Trump for recognizing what is important - our military preparedness in an increasingly perilous world.   

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Trump should have vetoed this garbage and called back all of Congress to get this Bill done right..where is the courage and bravado he sowed during the campaign.

And don't tell me he was under the gun to get this signed...let the government shut down. I and his base would have loved it...all he had to do was address the the American people and read what was in the bill...oh wait..no one read it!

Exactly. If he was such a great negotiating zen master, he would have sat down at the table and line by line worked through this with Congress. He has been too busy tweeting and golfing.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

The President said he did this for our military.  I take him at his word.  And I for one think our military preparedness is worth a few bucks for Planned Parenthood.   

No,  I don't like it, but I respect the President's action.  Government shutdown threats and artificial budget gimmicks have placed in peril our ability to fight and prevail in the next war.   As much as I'd like to screw over those damned liberals,  I won't do it at the price of screwing over our soldiers.   

Offline aligncare

He should have vetoed it and told Congress I will veto any and  every bill that does not fund
the wall. Instead he caved. Now Congress knows he is not serious about the wall. And now
everyone knows the GOP is not serious about anything. There is zero reason to send a
republican to congress. Trump threw his supporters under the bus, there is no way around that.

I’m on record as not being a fan of the border wall, so that part of the bill doesn’t bother me. Money for congressional pork and overseas social programs do bother me – as it has always bothered me in every budget ever grinded out of congress.

But, I prioritize uninterrupted funding for military R&D, next gen weapons and troop survivability as vital in this dangerous world. Fifty percent of the budget goes for military spending so I think Trump did what he felt he had to do. Congressional republicans shafted him on his other priorities, though.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Exactly. If he was such a great negotiating zen master, he would have sat down at the table and line by line worked through this with Congress. He has been too busy tweeting and golfing.

Oh just stop it.  He's no "zen master", he is just a man faced with enormous responsibilities. He's a man being pecked to death by liberals who despise that he took their Presidency away and conservatives who demand fealty and perfection.   

Meanwhile, our military finally has the ongoing funding it needs.   Kudos, Mr. President,  for keeping your perspective and common sense.     

Offline edpc

Good insight.   The President's veto threat is too blunt an instrument.  (What he needs is a line-item veto.)

Congress gave that to Clinton and it was ruled unconstitutional in a 6-3 SCOTUS decision.  Good luck getting that passed as an amendment.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 03:25:13 pm by edpc »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I’m on record as not being a fan of the border wall, so that part of the bill doesn’t bother me. Money for congressional pork and overseas social programs do bother me – as it has always bothered me in every budget ever grinded out of congress.

But, I prioritize uninterrupted funding for military R&D, next gen weapons and troop survivability as vital in this dangerous world. Fifty percent of the budget goes for military spending so I think Trump did what he felt he had to do. Congressional republicans shafted him on his other priorities, though.

:amen:

Offline jpsb

Maybe if we were not fighting in every damn war on the planet our military would be just fine.

Offline endicom

When? No one in congress had time to read the bill before voting on it.