Author Topic: More than 8,000 people left Wyoming during tail end of recent bust  (Read 869 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
More than 8,000 people left Wyoming during tail end of recent bust
Heather Richards 307-266-0592, Heather.Richards@trib.com
Energy

Wyoming experienced its largest population drop since 1989 during the second half of the recent fossil fuel downturn, state economists say.

By mid-2017, about 8,300 more people had moved out of Wyoming than moved in compared to the previous fiscal year, according to data from the U.S. Census Bureau released by Wyoming’s economic analysis division Thursday.

Counties in and around the Powder River Basin lost the largest number of people. The area is rich in mineral development from coal to uranium.

Read more at: http://trib.com/business/energy/more-than-people-left-wyoming-during-tail-end-of-recent/article_24e783a1-c66b-5394-8a73-923e72bee765.html
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 08:09:47 pm by TomSea »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: More than 8,000 people left Wyoming during tail end of recent bust
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 08:37:25 pm »
Not the first boom-bust cycle, and it won't be the last either.

I remember in the early 1980s when Colorado/Wyoming/Utah/Alberta had a "syn-fuels" boom. (oil shale/tar sands)
Very similar to North Dakota a few years ago.

Anyway Gov. Love of Colorado, reviewed the state's history, of booms regarding gold, silver,, oil, etc.

I also remember a phonecall from the president of my employer then instructing me to draft an approval for the company to purchase homes in Calgary as incentives for hires and tranfers of key employees.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln