Author Topic: Teacher who called US military 'lowest of low' is fired  (Read 1758 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Teacher who called US military 'lowest of low' is fired
« on: March 21, 2018, 11:59:12 pm »
Wacotrib by JOHN ROGERS Associated Press Mar 21, 2018

PICO RIVERA, Calif. (AP) — A history teacher who was videotaped telling his students that only dumb people join the U.S. military has been fired by the suburban Southern California school district where he has taught for more than 15 years.

El Rancho Unified School District President Aurora R. Villon announced Gregory Salcido's dismissal at Tuesday night's school board meeting.

In January Salcido upbraided a 17-year-old student for wearing a Marines sweatshirt to his class at El Rancho High School, telling him members of the U.S. military are "the lowest of our low."

More: http://www.wacotrib.com/news/ap_nation/teacher-who-called-us-military-lowest-of-low-is-fired/article_180de5eb-627e-50c6-9743-c889356ede32.html

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Teacher who called US military 'lowest of low' is fired
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 01:38:12 am »
He still has his city council gig to fall back on....maybe.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 02:21:11 am »
He still has his city council gig to fall back on....maybe.

That crap won't pay the bills...no other school will hire him, so he either gets a job at the Circle K or he moves out of town.  Win-win for Pico Rivera.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 02:23:44 am »
That crap won't pay the bills...no other school will hire him, so he either gets a job at the Circle K or he moves out of town.  Win-win for Pico Rivera.

There are a ton of deep blue cities that would love to have him educating their kids.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 02:28:23 am »
There are a ton of deep blue cities that would love to have him educating their kids.

Trudat.  His philosophy is a perfect fit for most of the coastal burgs in CA, so he won't have to fill his gas tank scoring another job.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: