Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Police 'kill Austin bomber in shoot-out on highway as he detonates a bomb when they  (Read 14217 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
My mother was one of ten kids growing up during the GD. When she was in grade school, the kids at her school with some musical aptitude were offered a chance to take piano lessons at the school for only ten cents a lesson.
 Her parents didn't have the ten cents to give her for the lessons. Times were definitely tougher for most kids in those days.

I totally agree with this and had never thought of this, my father grew up in Owatonna at that time, then, on top of this, later, served in the South Pacific in World War II, in the Navy.  I don't want to overuse the word but again,  there is little wonder in why they use the term "greatest generation". Wisconsin/Minnesota must have been hit hard in the GD; there was a bit of a dust bowl-type migration to California as well, I understand.

Online mountaineer

Our current culture is creating psychotic psychopathic monsters.

That's the simple truth of it.
I don't know whether we're creating more of such psychopaths, or just that we hear more about them, thanks to technology.

This Ben Shapiro article is relevant, I think.  CDC: Youth Suicide Skyrockets 70% Over Last Decade. Here's Why.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Ben Shapiro:
"There seems to be a crisis of meaning taking place in America. And that crisis of meaning is heavily linked to a decline in religious observance. As The Atlantic observed in 2014, citing a study in Psychological Science:"

I agree with this, a society without religion can become a bit aimless and at the same time, I don't want to fool oneself, while one can point at a rise in suicides, we have had ills in every generation. The murder rate I've heard has come down and here is a chart. Also, we had a lot of trouble, maybe not in great great numbers with drunk driving, that has come way down. There are so many stats, who knows where to begin:

Every year's homicides, 1900-2010:

In the '80s, early '90s, so I hear, there was real warfare because of crack being on the streets. I've heard "experts" cite that. Again, maybe if there is a high rate in 1932 and nearby years,  maybe it had to do with prohibition. I'm not an expert at that. '70s, war on poverty, great society, surely, many factors can be looked at.

We are at a minor upswing of murders right now I understand, at least, since 2016... but it's going to go up and down, undoubtedly.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 01:09:55 pm by TomSea »

Online mountaineer

I agreed with Shapiro that many children see their lives as having no meaning nor purpose. Some of that may be related to a lack of exposure to religion. Having attended church all my life, I had heard the message by the time I was a teen - at the very least - that God created me and that He loves me. Children who see only blackness and hopelessness have little reason not to off themselves - or anyone else.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
It's also peculiar how he took such a heuristic approach to it: as he planted each bomb, his tactics constantly evolved. That is the work of someone working methodically and deliberately.

I'm suspecting that schizophrenia might be in play here. It usually manifests itself in one's early 20s and might explain the sudden shift from normal to cold-blooded serial killer.

Schizophrenics are disorganized and incapable of planning.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

That's why I think Sociopath.  They are brilliant planners.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

There are many different levels and types. Many are extremely organized and methodological to the point of being OCD.

Offline Victoria33

Voter registration.
Scientologist? I thought he was LDS.
EDIT TO ADD: I'm seeing people tweet that this is fake, because one reportedly does not identify a political party with Texas voter registration.
@mountaineer

This is true in Texas - there is no designation for "Party" on a voter registration.
The reason is, when you vote in a primary election, if you vote in the Republican Party primary election, you are designated a Republican on the voter list for two years, until the next primary.  Same is true for the Democrat Party primary election.

Offline austingirl

There are many different levels and types. Many are extremely organized and methodological to the point of being OCD.

In all my years as a psychiatric nurse, I have never seen a true schizophrenic capable of committing a crime like Condiitt. I have seen many murderers and they were all sociopaths.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
In all my years as a psychiatric nurse, I have never seen a true schizophrenic capable of committing a crime like Condiitt. I have seen many murderers and they were all sociopaths.

To my sub-novice understanding, it's not the planning or not planning, it's the fact that Sociopaths don't GIS about anything but their own desires.  To the point that they're just fine with killing people because they aren't important.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline austingirl

To my sub-novice understanding, it's not the planning or not planning, it's the fact that Sociopaths don't GIS about anything but their own desires.  To the point that they're just fine with killing people because they aren't important.

Correct. Sociopaths have a complete lack of empathy and no conscience. 

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Most schizophrenics and schizoaffectives I worked with can't even remember to brush their teeth or shower, and they tend to be too disorganized

They also can't drive. And on medication they are too woozy to drive. Geodon and seroquel really knock you out.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Sociopaths don't feel guilt. Many confess to be "Christians" because they like the idea of sins being forgotten. Not that they ever sinned but if they did.....

Some of the worst sociopaths end up as clergy.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
I do think the age of these people is probably a signifier.  If they haven't learned empathy and sympathy by this point, they probably won't.  If they feel aimless and isolated, they'll be open to suggestion by others.  Mental illness becomes apparent in the teens and twenties. 

Homeschooling will probably become a target with this latest case, following on the parents in CA who kept their kids locked up for decades and Adam Lanza.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
There's too much of an abrupt change in behavior for this to be a mere sociopath. Nicolas Cruz was a sociopath. Adam Lanza was a sociopath. This guy was something else altogether.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
There's too much of an abrupt change in behavior for this to be a mere sociopath. Nicolas Cruz was a sociopath. Adam Lanza was a sociopath. This guy was something else altogether.

This is why I chose technology as the field for me to get into....
I will NOT comply.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Except we don't know if there was or wasn't a change. We only have a tiny view of the public face the family put on.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Except we don't know if there was or wasn't a change. We only have a tiny view of the public face the family put on.

IMO, there is always going be a percentage of the overall population that fit the 'profile' here.

Yesterday's pyromaniac is today's FEDEX bomber.  Plus, the internet creates a platform for these troubled minds to fester.

There is no real solution except to ..."if you see something, say something".
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
One explanation could be that he was medicated . He went off the meds and started smoking weed. For some, that becomes instant psychosis.

But notice that all info has dried up. We are still hearing about Assault weapons weeks after Cruz had his rampage.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 08:23:27 pm by Restored »
Countdown to Resignation

Offline DB

One explanation could be that he was medicated . He went off the meds and started smoking weed. For some, that becomes instant psychosis.

But notice that all info has dried up. We are still hearing about Assault weapons weeks after Cruz had his rampage.

This took a lot of planning. So far this guy doesn't make much sense on any front.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
There is no political benefit to a Democrat  in this scenario so there is no point keeping the narrative going. It's a lose-lose. As I said before, the lack of motive is extremely disturbing. You don't blow yourself up for no reason whatsoever. 

Meanwhile, the people of Texas have to worry about  whether there are accomplices or more bombs. Oh well, they just need to focus on other things. Don't worry, be happy!
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
This took a lot of planning. So far this guy doesn't make much sense on any front.

I agree that he doesn't come off as schizophrenic or psychopathic.  One thing that does make a little bit of sense is that he acquired some sort of ideology or joined some sort of cult.  We've seen that happen with otherwise normal appearing people.  Heck, I don't know.  It's as good a guess as any other.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I agree that he doesn't come off as schizophrenic or psychopathic.  One thing that does make a little bit of sense is that he acquired some sort of ideology or joined some sort of cult.  We've seen that happen with otherwise normal appearing people.  Heck, I don't know.  It's as good a guess as any other.

I think he had an alien being from Frunobulax living in his head.   :pondering:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
DB wrote:
"This took a lot of planning. So far this guy doesn't make much sense on any front."

Also interesting that the other people with whom he lived never noticed anything out-of-the-ordinary.

This kid is gonna turn out like the Las Vegas shooter.
That is to say, it's going to be difficult to discover what motivated him unless he left something behind that specifically details such information.

He -did- "leave something behind" -- the phone confession -- but (again like Las Vegas) there's just not much "there" there...

Offline goodwithagun

I do think the age of these people is probably a signifier.  If they haven't learned empathy and sympathy by this point, they probably won't.  If they feel aimless and isolated, they'll be open to suggestion by others.  Mental illness becomes apparent in the teens and twenties. 

Homeschooling will probably become a target with this latest case, following on the parents in CA who kept their kids locked up for decades and Adam Lanza.

I was wondering if the parents homeschooled to “protect” this man as a child because they knew something was wrong. He could have received therapies, counseling, etc. in even a private school setting. My son is on the high functioning end of the spectrum and he receives PT, OT, ST, special ed services, and an aid at our private Catholic school. Our local homeschool coop has contacted me about getting children diagnosed with learning disorders, but they refuse to follow through when I tell them they have to see a psychologist for that. I respect their desire to avoid psychologists; however, not getting the proper help for a child who will unnecessarily struggle through his/her life is abusive. Just my $.02.
I stand with Roosgirl.