Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Police 'kill Austin bomber in shoot-out on highway as he detonates a bomb when they  (Read 14231 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Lots of young people are alt-right... but he doesn't look alt-right to me. Can we stop with the political motivations already?

Sometimes you people are as retarded as the left in this crap.

Offline mountaineer

Jonah Goldberg
‏Verified account @JonahNRO
34s34 seconds ago

Jonah Goldberg Retweeted Elizabeth Landers

That’s all right. We learned with the Vegas shooting that finding out motives of mass murderers is no longer a big priority.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Mark Anthony Conditt name released by NBC and Fox . Newsies trying to confirm
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

His FB page shows 15 friends. Look like typical slackers.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
His FB page shows 15 friends. Look like typical slackers.

Could be fake, careful.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Room mates in custody.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
They caught him, they are saying, because of the address on one of the packages that didn't blow up, I wonder what the nut jobs who were saying Fed Ex was being targeted are saying now?

Really looks "anti-fa", I wonder what the nut jobs who said this was antifa trying to cause a race war will say now?

Who said that, @TomSea?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Denise Ellenburg
‏ @DeniseEllenburg
39s39 seconds ago

#AustinBombings

An unemployed guy, no military background or known bomb making skills, who lives with 2 roomates in a rental in TX did this?

Questions:
1. How did he learn advanced bombmaking skills?
2. Who funded terror spree?
3. Roomates saw nothing?

Makes no sense!
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline TomSea

My 'THEORY' here?

I 'knew' with the tech out there today, they were going to catch this guy very quickly.

No way did that 24 year-old blew himself up.

If they have the technology to shut off cell phone service/electric service in a specified radius...they sure as hell have it to trigger a timed, IED wrapped in his back seat.

What really bugs me is how they withhold any details, while they scrub his social media history.

...it's just a theory..a feeling.

If he has accomplices, which some speculation says he does, there may well be good reasons for reasons of everyone's security to hold back info. Heck, his room mates, 2 I think, are in custody.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

If they have the technology to shut off cell phone service/electric service in a specified radius...they sure as hell have it to trigger a timed, IED wrapped in his back seat.

No, they don't.  If they did, then our military would never have to worry about IEG's.  Just drive around with blaring the signal you think they have, and let them all detonate themselves.

Shutting down service in a specified area is much, much more simple than causing every single device to ring/activate.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Just goes to show... don't bring your sh!t to Williamson County.  :police:

:thumbsup:

Offline TomSea

I'll just say "named" here: https://www.statesman.com/news/crime--law/authorities-bombing-suspect-was-pflugerville-resident-mark-conditt/CQUCcXNJ9nb2iFs8sSq0pK/

Because we are being sensitive, why does it not pertain 365 days a year and to everyone, I don't know.

Offline austingirl

Mark Anthony Conditt name released by NBC and Fox . Newsies trying to confirm

His sister's FB page is getting hit with some hateful comments.

Offline TomSea

Stories say that they started tracking this guy 24-36 hours ago, per news reports this early morning, so they honed in on the guy.

Way to go FBI; APD and even, the ATF is involved...

If one pulls some idiotic stunt like this, this shows, you shouldn't use your cell phone though folks told me, through settings, you can turn tracking off. Criminals always make a mistake. 

Also, the Fed Ex documents helped.

He was under surveillance at a hotel room, he had a bomb, so he was likely planning another hit.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 01:59:04 pm by TomSea »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Facebook made his page private very quickly. (Which is the norm). Do you have the so called sisters page link?

Any pages that pull up for him after this point are likely fake.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

And, it looks like his has already been scrubbed.

Offline austingirl

Facebook made his page private very quickly. (Which is the norm). Do you have the so called sisters page link?

Any pages that pull up for him after this point are likely fake.
https://www.facebook.com/christina.conditt

Offline ABX

TMZ is compiling some info on him. Doesn't seem to fit any profile people were guessing. Not military, doesn't seem to be Antifa or anything like that. Possibly churchy kid looking at going on mission trips.

http://m.tmz.com/#2018/03/21/mark-conditt-austin-bomber-high-school-mission-trip/

Offline austingirl

https://www.facebook.com/christina.conditt
All the comments are gone. Looks like the Conditts homeschooled their kids. The graduation pic of perp in 2013 showed him with short brown hair. What happened to him since then? Was the blond hair in the surveillance photo a wig?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
All the comments are gone. Looks like the Conditts homeschooled their kids. The graduation pic of perp in 2013 showed him with short brown hair. What happened to him since then? Was the blond hair in the surveillance photo a wig?

Yes, one of the articles said he had a white wig.

Offline ABX

And, it looks like his has already been scrubbed.

That's normal for Facebook to do in these cases. They make it private so it is only accessible to law enforcement, both to protect friends and family but to also keep trolls from vandalizing the page.

Offline goatprairie

My theory? No political motivation whatsoever, just a disorganized schizophrenic nutso like a lot of these guys.
:thumbsup:

Offline TomSea

TMZ is compiling some info on him. Doesn't seem to fit any profile people were guessing. Not military, doesn't seem to be Antifa or anything like that. Possibly churchy kid looking at going on mission trips.

http://m.tmz.com/#2018/03/21/mark-conditt-austin-bomber-high-school-mission-trip/

And per reports, was "home schooled", I don't know if that means 12 years or what. But the article I posted says that.

As the sun rose, neighbors of the 23-year-old, who was home-schooled growing up and went to Austin Community College, struggled to wrap their minds around the news that authorities were linking him to the bombings.
https://www.statesman.com/news/crime--law/authorities-bombing-suspect-was-pflugerville-resident-mark-conditt/CQUCcXNJ9nb2iFs8sSq0pK/

Also, the cell phone, you can use it for any number of reasons, but somehow, Law Enforcement honed in on it? Calling someone??

Offline Applewood

Yes, one of the articles said he had a white wig.

When I viewed at the surveillance photos, he looked a helluva lot older than 24.    A wig might explain it. 

Of course, my eyes aren't what they used to be, so there is that.  LOL