Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Police 'kill Austin bomber in shoot-out on highway as he detonates a bomb when they  (Read 14059 times)

Offline Blizzardnh

The Austin bomber has been shot dead as police FBI agents were trying to arrest him, it has been reported.

The man detonated a device before gunfire rang out along Interstate Highway 35 in the early hours of Wednesday, according to KVUE.

The FBI and police tracked the bomber to the Round Rock area using cell phone technology, security video, store receipts before 'engaging him' around 3am on Wednesday, the station reports.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5526159/Austin-bomber-shot-dead-police-try-arrest-him.html

Offline Applewood

Saying here the bomber blew himself up.

https://www.cbsnews.com/

I don't care how he died.  He's dead,  Saved the taxpayers a lot of money.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Saying here the bomber blew himself up.

https://www.cbsnews.com/

I don't care how he died.  He's dead,  Saved the taxpayers a lot of money.

I just woke up and saw blew up too. I had a post up earlier this evening saying he reminded me of Mark Hoffman, but I couldn't say why. I deleted it five minutes later because I didn't want to get in trouble from @mystery-ak or her mods.

Anyway, Texas can rest easy now. I hope the reason for all this has nt died with the suspect.

Ping @Victoria33
@Sanguine
@INVAR

https://www.statesman.com/news/breaking-austin-bombing-suspect-dies-police-close-official-says/KZmUAGvKlNazDr31EzeUzI/

@Applewood - confirms what you stated.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 10:10:33 am by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
They caught him, they are saying, because of the address on one of the packages that didn't blow up, I wonder what the nut jobs who were saying Fed Ex was being targeted are saying now?

Really looks "anti-fa", I wonder what the nut jobs who said this was antifa trying to cause a race war will say now?

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Fox just said it was a 24 year old male

No name yet.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Applewood

More from CNN:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/21/us/austin-explosions/index.html

@Freya   Also says he was 24, but no ID or motive yet.

Offline Applewood

They caught him, they are saying, because of the address on one of the packages that didn't blow up, I wonder what the nut jobs who were saying Fed Ex was being targeted are saying now?

Really looks "anti-fa", I wonder what the nut jobs who said this was antifa trying to cause a race war will say now?

I don't know that anyone "looks" ANTIFA. Heck, I'm surprised ISIS didn't claim responsibility. They did after the Vegas shooting.

Online mountaineer

...  Authorities had zeroed in on the suspect in the last 24 to 36 hours and located his vehicle at a hotel on Interstate 35 in the Austin suburb of Round Rock, Austin Police Chief Brian Manley said at a news conference. They were waiting for ballistic vehicles to arrive to move in for an arrest when his vehicle began to drive away, Manley said. Authorities followed the vehicle, which ran into a ditch on the side of the road, the police chief said.

When members of the SWAT team approached, the suspect detonated an explosive device inside the vehicle, the police chief said. The blast knocked back one officer, while a second officer fired his weapon, Manley said.  ...
More at Tribune Reivew
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

We still don't know his motive, so I think it's a bit premature to call anyone a nutjob for having speculated on some of the possibilities.

Online mountaineer

The Associated Press  Verified account @AP

BREAKING: ATF agent says investigators think the dead suspect built all of the Austin bombs but they haven't ruled out he had help.
7:29 AM - 21 Mar 2018

Online mountaineer

... UPDATE 6:40 a.m.: Police warn people in Austin and the surrounding communities to maintain vigilance as they do not know where the suspect has been for the past 24 hours. Investigators found the suspect in Round Rock which is located just north of Austin.

UPDATE 6:35 a.m.: Media outlets in Austin are reporting they know who the suspect was and where he lived but they have not yet released the information.

UPDATE 5:50 a.m.: The Austin American-Statesman reported via KVUE that the suspect wore a disguise, including a wig, when he entered the FedEx store in Sunset Valley where he shipped two explosive devices. In the video surveillance released by investigators, the suspect can also be seen wearing gloves.   ...
Breitbart

Online mountaineer

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
My 'THEORY' here?

I 'knew' with the tech out there today, they were going to catch this guy very quickly.

No way did that 24 year-old blew himself up.

If they have the technology to shut off cell phone service/electric service in a specified radius...they sure as hell have it to trigger a timed, IED wrapped in his back seat.

What really bugs me is how they withhold any details, while they scrub his social media history.

...it's just a theory..a feeling.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

My 'THEORY' here?

I 'knew' with the tech out there today, they were going to catch this guy very quickly.

No way did that 24 year-old blew himself up.

If they have the technology to shut off cell phone service/electric service in a specified radius...they sure as hell have it to trigger a timed, IED wrapped in his back seat.  ...

Hmmm... interesting.   :pondering:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
My theory? No political motivation whatsoever, just a disorganized schizophrenic nutso like a lot of these guys.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Just goes to show... don't bring your sh!t to Williamson County.  :police:
Let it burn.

Offline Polly Ticks

Good news.  Hopefully, he was one lone crazy guy and it will all be over with now.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Here he is entering the facility ...

• Technical
Looks fat... maybe he's sending packages to various fast food vendors.

• Technical

Is that Edgar Winter?

Offline Suppressed

Good solid investigative work.

and I bet the FBI tried to help, too.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Polly Ticks

More info here:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5526159/Austin-bomber-shot-dead-police-try-arrest-him.html

Austin bomber, 24, kills himself with his own device as cops swoop in to arrest him - after releasing CCTV of the white man posting two devices at FedEx office targeting people of color
The Austin bomber, a 24-year-old white man, blew himself up as police tried to arrest him on Wednesday
Police do not yet have a motive for the attacks, but say the man was not previously known to them
Public are warned more bombs could still be out there as they do not know the bomber's final movements
Death comes after CCTV emerged showing suspect posting two packages at a Austin FedEx office on Sunday
Two people were killed and six injured in bombings that began on March 2 and targeted ethnic minorities

So basically they're saying, "we don't know the motive, but here's what we're saying is the motive."

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I read in an article that, while it is good this perp is gone, the technology used to track him was basically his cell phone.

If anyone has a cell phone turned on, one can be tracked.

Big brother is watching your every move.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
The Associated Press  Verified account @AP

BREAKING: ATF agent says investigators think the dead suspect built all of the Austin bombs but they haven't ruled out he had help.
7:29 AM - 21 Mar 2018

24 years old?  That is prime Antifa age for starters to those offended at the supposition that a Marxist terror group might have been responsible in some manner for the bombings.  And while we all hope this nut job acted alone I recall the Alphabets discussing the 'sophistication' of the devices.  Whether or not he had help or that this was a group effort has yet to be seen.  Unless this is a group effort - we may never know the motive outside of this guy trying to become another Unabomber.

The media narrative that this guy was 'targeting' people of color is beyond incendiary.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775