Author Topic: Texas explosions: FBI investigating new blast at FedEx plant  (Read 7892 times)

Offline Victoria33

Re: Texas explosions: FBI investigating new blast at FedEx plant
« Reply #125 on: March 21, 2018, 03:23:09 am »
I'd open. Them for. You.im not. Afraid,
@Freya

You don't sound like   you   would   really   want   to  do   that.

Just come on down and both of us will watch INVAR open them.  Then you and I and maybe INVAR if he is alive, will have coffee and donuts with sprinkles.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #126 on: March 21, 2018, 03:26:52 am »
@Freya

You don't sound like   you   would   really   want   to  do   that.

Just come on down and both of us will watch INVAR open them.  Then you and I and maybe INVAR if he is alive, will have coffee and donuts with sprinkles.

Invnar has kids, right? Becides, I'm not afraid. If there was a snake inside then it would be different
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #127 on: March 21, 2018, 03:29:45 am »
@INVAR

I have TWO packages coming from Amazon to my Texas house on Friday.  YOU come here and pick them up and open them for me - okay?  One is two books on emergency preps and one is a set of PINK ceramic kitchen knives.  I'll have the coffee ready if you survive opening the packages.  Thanks.

And here I thought we were friends.

However, if I lived nearby I suppose I could ease your fright and get some free fresh coffee in the process.

I always get my packages direct from the hands of FedX and UPS or the postal worker since they always come to my office, and I am usually always aware I have a delivery coming.  Look at it this way - I only answer the phone if it is a number I recognize and know - I let voicemail pick it up if I do not recognize it.  If I lived in Austin or if this problem goes national, I'll treat packages and junk mail the same way.

Invnar has kids, right?

INVAR has grown daughters and 2 grandkids younger than 2.  I think my fam might have issues if I traveled all the way to Austin just to help open a package.  Then again, the wife is an RN so having her on standbye with a crash kit might be helpful.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 03:30:03 am by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #128 on: March 21, 2018, 03:30:44 am »
@INVAR

The Goodwill place is on the same road as one of the FedEx locations.  Don't think a different person would put something together that fast and know it was on same road at FedEx place.  Think different person would have to take more time than that to put that plan together and execute it.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #129 on: March 21, 2018, 03:34:04 am »
Hearing Austin reporter right now.  He says they are getting info. off the package that didn't go off and tracing it to the person who sent it.  This reporter is also saying the military device was not connected, incidental to the bombings.  So AG says it is, others saying it isn't.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #130 on: March 21, 2018, 03:34:08 am »
@TomSea

Still have question - was the man taken to hospital or not?  News at the time was he was sent to hospital.  If he was, this device was meant to kill, not just to stick something in package "for fun" since bomb packages were being delivered.

If we are talking about the Goodwill explosion:

The employee was treated and released. Artillery simulators are devices sometimes used in military training.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/latest-trump-blames-texas-bombings-sick-individual-53879319

If we are talking about the explosion at the Goodwill, the report said he dropped it on the ground and then it exploded at the Goodwill. Condition is an injury.   It was an artillery simulator.

Coverage is here, maybe this will clear up matters.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/latest-trump-blames-texas-bombings-sick-individual-53879319

https://www.buzzfeed.com/patricksmith/a-package-bomb-has-exploded-at-a-fedex-facility?utm_term=.miDYaRWQzW#.imrd5Y7q07

From how people are talking, it's easy to confuse which one of tonight's incidences they are speaking of.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #131 on: March 21, 2018, 03:51:34 am »
@TomSea

From one of the links you posted:

"5:30 p.m.
The chairman of the U.S. House Homeland Security committee says federal authorities informed him investigators have obtained surveillance videos in Austin that "could possibly" show a suspect in the package bombing at a FedEx distribution center near San Antonio."

This is the first time I have heard about surveillance videos. I hope there is something there.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #132 on: March 21, 2018, 04:12:01 am »
@TomSea

From one of the links you posted:

"5:30 p.m.
The chairman of the U.S. House Homeland Security committee says federal authorities informed him investigators have obtained surveillance videos in Austin that "could possibly" show a suspect in the package bombing at a FedEx distribution center near San Antonio."

This is the first time I have heard about surveillance videos. I hope there is something there.

Yes, I saw this headline elsewhere with a question mark,  "Video of Suspect???"....So, we can hope.

I figured mail centers, like our US post office probably has camera as one can walk in at any time though, I never looked, I assume they do. I know little about how Fed Ex works, it seems they have their boxes in most office buildings, what would keep one from finding one somewhere and mailing from there? Paid postage maybe? I know little about their offices. I know one is near us that use to be a Kinko's copy place and maybe it still is but I know Fed Ex is there.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #133 on: March 21, 2018, 08:43:10 am »
Austin Bombings Suspect Reported Dead During Arrest Attempt By Police, FBI

The Austin bombing suspect was shot dead by the police, following shots fired by the police as soon as he tried to detonate a bomb on Wednesday. It is not yet known how many officers were involved in the shooting or if any of the law enforcement agents were injured.

The unidentified suspect is believed to have dropped off two suspicious packages in the FedEx store on Sunday, CBS Austin reported. One of them exploded on a conveyor belt at a FedEx sorting facility outside of San Antonio, Texas. The second one was intercepted by the police in a facility near the Austin airport. The packages were dropped off at 7:30 p.m. local time (8:30 p.m. EDT).

Surveillance footage from inside the store helped the U.S. Marshal's Lone Star Fugitive Task Force to track down the suspect. In addition to a white wig, the suspect is also believed to be wearing gloves.
The person who dropped off the two packages is also believed to be responsible for four other explosions that started on March 2, and killed two people, injuring six others.

Congressman Michael McCaul, who was briefed by the FBI, ATF and Austin police about the situation, said at a press conference that he believed that the suspect’s “biggest mistake was going through FedEx."

More at:

http://www.ibtimes.com/austin-bombings-suspect-reported-dead-during-arrest-attempt-police-fbi-2664568

« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 08:57:03 am by Applewood »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #134 on: March 21, 2018, 09:39:38 am »
Live coverage here:

https://www.cbsnews.com/

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #135 on: March 21, 2018, 10:14:03 am »
@Victoria33

Your packages will be safe. I hope you and everyone else can rest easy now.

Enjoy those pink knives. They sound pretty

Online mountaineer

« Reply #136 on: March 21, 2018, 11:23:34 am »
There's a separate thread going about the bomber's bloody end. GO HERE
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #137 on: March 21, 2018, 01:44:40 pm »
@Freya
@INVAR
@TomSea

Thank God.  They killed him, Texas justice.  Going to other thread.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #138 on: March 21, 2018, 01:47:08 pm »
@Victoria33

2 room mates are in custody, so maybe not under arrest at this point. Drudge has up a headline about some speculation there are other suspects.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #139 on: March 21, 2018, 01:48:57 pm »
@Freya
@INVAR
@TomSea

Thank God.  They killed him, Texas justice.  Going to other thread.

I heard he blew himself up.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #140 on: March 21, 2018, 02:50:48 pm »
@Weird Tolkienish Figure

First word was they killed him.  Seems now, swat team was following him, he went into a ditch, two swat guys approached the car, bomb guy set off bomb inside car, one swat guy fired into the car, the other swat guy was blown away from the car by the blast.  Neither swat guy hurt.  Don't know yet if the bullet killed him before the blast did.  Probably will never know.  He is permanently dead.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #141 on: March 21, 2018, 02:54:59 pm »
@Weird Tolkienish Figure

First word was they killed him.  Seems now, swat team was following him, he went into a ditch, two swat guys approached the car, bomb guy set off bomb inside car, one swat guy fired into the car, the other swat guy was blown away from the car by the blast.  Neither swat guy hurt.  Don't know yet if the bullet killed him before the blast did.  Probably will never know.  He is permanently dead.

@Victoria33  and everyone else:

Even at this moment, this is not clear, so read it up but it sounds like they are checking on a bomb at an Austin Fed Ex today,

Tony Plohetski
‏Verified account @tplohetski
10m10 minutes ago

BREAKING: Authorities responding to FedEx facility in Austin for suspicious package. Call came in at 9:32.
1 reply 55 retweets 18 likes
https://twitter.com/statesman

I ping you over this, because you said it's over. Well, we will see when it is over.  ... Of course, I assume, that package was probably there overnight, before the suspect was killed but I wouldn't take anything lightly at this point.

Also, in other news, the room mates are currently, not suspects, so we will see where this goes.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 02:57:01 pm by TomSea »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #142 on: March 21, 2018, 03:08:31 pm »
@Victoria33  and everyone else:
I ping you over this, because you said it's over. Well, we will see when it is over.  ... Of course, I assume, that package was probably there overnight, before the suspect was killed but I wouldn't take anything lightly at this point.
@TomSea

Thanks for your post.  At the time I wrote that, I didn't know the cops didn't know what he had done in the past 24 yrs. and they are now warning there could be other packages.  Once that threat goes away, MAYBE this is over.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #143 on: March 21, 2018, 03:29:13 pm »
I woudn't say it's over until all packages have cleared the shipping pipeline.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #144 on: March 21, 2018, 03:34:28 pm »

Ahhh... Hoisted on his own petard. Literally.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #145 on: May 12, 2018, 03:36:40 am »
I'm not going to post new material here, I do note, in the past several days, they've seemed to have some more bombing problems, nobody hurt. So, this is Beaumont:

By Omar Villafranca CBS News May 11, 2018, 6:36 PM
Package bomb explosion outside Beaumont, Texas, church sparks fears

BEAUMONT, Texas -- In southeast Texas, federal agents are investigating the bombing of an Episcopal church in the city of Beaumont. No one was hurt, but there are concerns it could possibly be the work of a serial bomber.

The Thursday morning blast at St. Stephen's Episcopal Church caused minimal damage, but prompted a big response, with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) assisting the Beaumont Police.

Read more at: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/package-bomb-explosion-outside-beaumont-texas-church-sparks-fears/

And as the story alludes to, they found a bomb device at a Starbucks less than 2 miles away recently as well. Bombing a church, pretty bad.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #146 on: May 12, 2018, 03:55:31 am »
Another bomber?

Oh poor Texas!  888cryingkitty

Online mountaineer

« Reply #147 on: May 12, 2018, 12:37:30 pm »
Who bombs an Episcopal church? Crazy.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #148 on: May 12, 2018, 12:56:15 pm »
I'm not going to post new material here, I do note, in the past several days, they've seemed to have some more bombing problems, nobody hurt. So, this is Beaumont:

And as the story alludes to, they found a bomb device at a Starbucks less than 2 miles away recently as well. Bombing a church, pretty bad.

yes, they haven't come out and said it was related yet, but what are the odds that it is not?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #149 on: May 12, 2018, 01:27:40 pm »
I don't normally read CBS and was shocked.  If a person wasn't depressed and angry before reading they would be afterwards:

"CBSN: On Assignment"

Hate Rising; Cyber Soldiers; Deadliest Assignment; Climate Refugees
    The Nightmare Scenario; Inside Instagram; Disappearing Down's; Risky Business
    Guns of Chicago; Enemy of the State; Muslims Love Me
    Children of ISIS, iRobot, Made in America*
    Hate Rising
    Cyber Soldiers
    Climate Refugees
    01    Boy shot at Calif. high school; fellow student detained
    02    Hawaii Kilauea volcano could soon explode in once-in-a-century eruption
    03    7 dead in what may be Australia's worst mass shooting in 22 years
    04    Trump announces plan to lower drug prices: "This is a total rip off, and we are ending it"
    05    Trump aide mocks "dying" John McCain – and his daughter responds