Author Topic: Texas explosions: FBI investigating new blast at FedEx plant  (Read 7894 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Texas explosions: FBI investigating new blast at FedEx plant
« Reply #100 on: March 21, 2018, 01:31:43 am »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2018, 01:35:31 am »
@Freya

This one was incendiary (burning, fire) rather than bomb with shrapnel inside. 

Incendiary could be burning chemical sent/splashed over your body when you touch/or start opening package.  It was bad enough for guy to be sent to hospital. Hope his face was not involved but that is likely rather than not.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 01:39:48 am by Victoria33 »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #102 on: March 21, 2018, 01:38:13 am »
Somebody donated a case of Roman Candles to Goodwill?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Idiot

« Reply #103 on: March 21, 2018, 01:39:53 am »
On a related note... thefts of parcels left at front doors or porches are down 99.9 percent in the Travis County area..

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL....good one @Wingnut

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #104 on: March 21, 2018, 01:40:50 am »
Folks might want to go and read up on the Weathermen and see what might be gleaned from that bit of history considering they are heroes to a bunch of morons who think they are the 'resistance'.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #105 on: March 21, 2018, 01:44:33 am »
@INVAR, did they implicate black powder in the blasts?

People who know some things about explosives on some gun forums I frequent are talking about the low yield with shrapnel intended to injure the closest person to the device - and they are pretty sure it's smokeless black powder and not something like C4 or plastique which is far more powerful.

One fella was urging reloaders to stock up now, because he thinks restricting purchases of smokeless black powder are going to happen in short order.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #106 on: March 21, 2018, 01:48:20 am »
People who know some things about explosives on some gun forums I frequent are talking about the low yield with shrapnel intended to injure the closest person to the device - and they are pretty sure it's smokeless black powder and not something like C4 or plastique which is far more powerful.

One fella was urging reloaders to stock up now, because he thinks restricting purchases of smokeless black powder are going to happen in short order.

I heard someone else mention the possibility and wondered if it had been confirmed.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #107 on: March 21, 2018, 01:50:06 am »

Incendiary could be burning chemical sent/splashed over your body when you touch/or start opening package.  It was bad enough for guy to be sent to hospital. Hope his face was not involved but that is likely rather than not.

FBI is saying this pipe bomb is not related to the other devices in other areas of Austin.

Which leaves me wondering if this is indeed a group effort or a #MeToo movement?

Again, the point of terrorism is to terrorize a population into changing their lives to accept things that would otherwise be unacceptable.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #108 on: March 21, 2018, 01:52:31 am »
@Freya

Thanks @Victoria33 sounds awful. Who ever is doing this must have a lot of hate in their heart,

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #109 on: March 21, 2018, 01:52:40 am »
I heard someone else mention the possibility and wondered if it had been confirmed.

I doubt we are going to get a confirmation on anything, period.

The press conference this morning where most of it was gratuitous backslapping of how great everyone responded to the event - refused to confirm what was already known by the news media from those inside the building.

You have the classic make-up of a keystone cop comedy happening out there with 500 Alphabets walking around while bombs are going off all around them.

To me it just proves that the federal beast is irrelevant and useless altogether.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #110 on: March 21, 2018, 01:59:48 am »
Austin Police Dept
‏Verified account @Austin_Police
43m43 minutes ago

#UPDATE: There was no package explosion in the 9800 block of Brodie Ln. Items inside package was not a bomb, rather an incendiary device. At this time, we have no reason to believe this incident is related to previous package bombs. #Breaking #packagebombmurders

https://twitter.com/Austin_Police

Boy they are awful quick out of the gate to assert that.

Some chatter out there indicates that the device at Goodwill was a modified road flare.

Soooo.... either this thing is a group effort or a lot of people chomping at the bit to copycat is what is being postulated.  I am slightly doubtful of copycats this soon because unlike a gun - messing with explosives is beyond risky dangerous just putting them together, incendiary or not.  You have to know what you are doing or you end up a red mist or a piece of crispy bacon, and not a whole lot of the population has chemistry familiarity and skills required to create such 'devices' such as the ones with tripwires.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #111 on: March 21, 2018, 02:02:21 am »
Okay so my supposition that this is not a copycat crime at the Fed-X hub has some merit:

gaberz86
‏ @akaRalphHornsby
2m2 minutes ago

Ken Paxton the AG in TX just told FOX news that this is same bomber, not copycat. #AustinBombings #Brodie #BrodieLn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #112 on: March 21, 2018, 02:09:03 am »
Okay so my supposition that this is not a copycat crime at the Fed-X hub has some merit:

I'm supposing that too.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #113 on: March 21, 2018, 02:12:43 am »
@INVAR

So, is it true a man was taken to hospital due to this incendiary device, as was reported?

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #114 on: March 21, 2018, 02:16:11 am »
@INVAR

Whoever is doing this gets the death penalty in Texas.  Every package is attempted murder charge, along with the murder of two people.  This murderer gets fast tracked to Huntsville, Texas, Death Row Unit , where criminals are executed until dead or double dead.

I used to know man who was an official at the Huntsville prison.  He told me how the person is picked to execute a killer.  Officials are in rotation order to do the final act that starts the chemical going into the killer.  He had done that and said it was an honor to put to death a killer.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 02:22:13 am by Victoria33 »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #115 on: March 21, 2018, 02:19:57 am »
Explosion at Good will may be unrelated.

KVUE News
@KVUE

Employee saw something unusual that looked like a pipe, CEO of Goodwill of Central Texas tells KVUE. The employee started to take it out, it dropped and blew up. kvue.tv/2puu1viVUE News
@KVUE
3m
A Goodwill employee reports the victim was in the middle of a conversation discussing safety when they came across the suspicious device.

I'm hearing it might have been a flare in a box, he dropped it and it blew up.

Austin Police
#UPDATE: There was no package explosion in the 9800 block of Brodie Ln. Items inside package was not a bomb, rather an incendiary device. At this time, we have no reason to believe this incident is related to previous package bombs. #Breaking #packagebombmurders

Tweets at:

https://twitter.com/Austin_Police/status/976263590482235394
https://twitter.com/KVUE

« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 02:23:12 am by TomSea »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #116 on: March 21, 2018, 02:25:53 am »
This is awful. We really need to have bomb control laws ASAP.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #117 on: March 21, 2018, 02:30:01 am »
@TomSea

Still have question - was the man taken to hospital or not?  News at the time was he was sent to hospital.  If he was, this device was meant to kill, not just to stick something in package "for fun" since bomb packages were being delivered. 

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #118 on: March 21, 2018, 02:33:05 am »
But, INVAR posted:

"Ken Paxton the AG in TX just told FOX news that this is same bomber, not copycat. #AustinBombings #Brodie #BrodieLn"

Attorney General Paxton would surely have the right information.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #119 on: March 21, 2018, 02:43:00 am »
Other sites reporting a redditt user claiming to be the one.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #120 on: March 21, 2018, 02:57:35 am »
Still have question - was the man taken to hospital or not? 

He was.  Injuries are said not to be life threatening.

Assistant Chief Eli Reyes with @Austin_Police says Goodwill employee found box that donor dropped off that had two incendiary devices, military style ordinance, that went off in employee’s hands. Employee injured. #AustinBombings

Not related to the other bombings you know, because it is standard practice that people get rid of their surplus ordnance by putting it in a box for Goodwill in Austin.    This particular one with  two military incendiary devices inside.

APD briefing: device tonight was a military momento called an artillery simulator. Not a flare per se. Still believed to be unconnected. #AustinBombings

And, as with ANY flare of any kind - they do not go off by themselves.

But, hey.   Let's all sigh relief because the latest goodwill event is not related to the one at Fed-X earlier in the day.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 02:59:26 am by INVAR »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #121 on: March 21, 2018, 03:11:29 am »
@INVAR

I have TWO packages coming from Amazon to my Texas house on Friday.  YOU come here and pick them up and open them for me - okay?  One is two books on emergency preps and one is a set of PINK ceramic kitchen knives.  I'll have the coffee ready if you survive opening the packages.  Thanks.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #122 on: March 21, 2018, 03:16:57 am »
@INVAR

I have TWO packages coming from Amazon to my Texas house on Friday.  YOU come here and pick them up and open them for me - okay?  One is two books on emergency preps and one is a set of PINK ceramic kitchen knives.  I'll have the coffee ready if you survive opening the packages.  Thanks.

I'd open. Them for. You.im not. Afraid,

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #123 on: March 21, 2018, 03:19:36 am »
@Freya

So, why am I getting PINK ceramic kitchen knives?  Well, Bob has this thing about his knives.  He couldn't find a three inch stainless knife he uses in the kitchen and he said the last time he saw it was when I used it. That did it for me.  I searched for this little knife and finally found his little knife under a box of cherry tomatoes he had put on the kitchen island.  I got him from his office at the back of the house and told him I found his knife, told him to come see where I found it.  Told him to lift up the cherry tomato package, and there it was.

I'm not using his knifes anymore.  There are four PINK knives coming and he had better kept his hands off my PINK knives. (He does not know I ordered these.)

Now, back to the subject of the thread.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #124 on: March 21, 2018, 03:22:35 am »
@Freya

So, why am I getting PINK ceramic kitchen knives?  Well, Bob has this thing about his knives.  He couldn't find a three inch stainless knife he uses in the kitchen and he said the last time he saw it was when I used it. That did it for me.  I searched for this little knife and finally found his little knife under a box of cherry tomatoes he had put on the kitchen island.  I got him from his office at the back of the house and told him I found his knife, told him to come see where I found it.  Told him to lift up the cherry tomato package, and there it was.

I'm not using his knifes anymore.  There are four PINK knives coming and he had better kept his hands off my PINK knives. (He does not know I ordered these.)

Now, back to the subject of the thread.

Pink is one of my favorite colors, 
Now back to the thread