Author Topic: WATCH: Whistleblower Says Illegal Aliens Have ‘Taken Over Every Trade’ in CA Construction, Driven Do  (Read 4369 times)

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
A whistleblower in the southern California construction industry says illegal alien workers have “taken over every trade” in the business while driving down wages by an estimated 40 percent.

In an interview with the group Progressives for Immigration Reform, a whistleblower who was an independent contractor throughout the 1980s and 1990s explains how the California construction industry transformed into one in which American men could make a middle-class living off blue-collar work to a business where wages have plummeted and illegal aliens dominate the field.

Blaine Taylor, the whistleblower, said the construction industry in California once offered a starting wage of about $45 an hour in the late 1980s. Fast-forward to 2018 — nearly two decades into when illegal aliens began flooding the industry — he now says that wages have fallen by more than half, standing at just $11 an hour.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/03/14/watch-whistleblower-says-illegal-aliens-have-taken-over-every-trade-in-ca-construction-driven-down-u-s-wages/
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
And we wonder why we have the "working poor" in So. Cal. 

Offline skeeter

The funny thing is this happened at the same time housing prices have skyrocketed past the point of all reason.

To hear the Chamber of Commerce talk, these lower wages should benefit consumers everywhere. Instead the average buyer in San Jose CA needs an income of $250k per year to afford a single family home.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
The price is based on supply and demand, not the actual cost of building
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
The funny thing is this happened at the same time housing prices have skyrocketed past the point of all reason.

To hear the Chamber of Commerce talk, these lower wages should benefit consumers everywhere. Instead the average buyer in San Jose CA needs an income of $250k per year to afford a single family home.

From what I have gleaned from this article is that prices for wood, drywall, et cetera, has exploded. But the labor prices have plummeted.

Just an awful scenario!

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline skeeter

The price is based on supply and demand, not the actual cost of building

Of course, what the market will bear. Basic economics.

Which makes the cost argument in favor of illegal labor so aggravating. Its a lie.

Offline skeeter

From what I have gleaned from this article is that prices for wood, drywall, et cetera, has exploded. But the labor prices have plummeted.

Just an awful scenario!

Its true material costs have shot up. But that can in no way account for the increase in finished housing prices.

Online dfwgator

And we'll see the impact when the houses start falling apart in about 10 years.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
Its true material costs have shot up. But that can in no way account for the increase in finished housing prices.

I do believe a plot of land has gotten smaller, but the prices have increased.

I once told my cousin in Iowa that her house if it was in California would be worth over a million.  She almost had a heart attack right then and there.  I think she paid about $200,000 for her home, or less.

Land is scarce near the beach areas.  You pay the premium for getting that great air flow.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
And we'll see the impact when the houses start falling apart in about 10 years.

Oh, and that will happen.  No buyers, the prices will go down.

Did anyone see the thread about the migrating U-Hauls?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The employer must have on file  "Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification," which states legal right to be in the US for work.

Additional forms of ID accompany this.

All of which if fraud and forgery, in cases of illegals.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
The employer must have on file  "Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification," which states legal right to be in the US for work.

Additional forms of ID accompany this.

All of which if fraud and forgery, in cases of illegals.

I am sorry, Truth, but since when did the once great State follow the laws since the influx.  I remember it.

I am so very saddened by what happened to probably the greatest State ever -- especially for surfing.  LOL!

Offline skeeter

I am so very saddened by what happened to probably the greatest State ever -- especially for surfing.  LOL!

I'm digitizing pictures from thirty or forty years ago and came across some of me at my favorite Santa Cruz spots. The lineups were so sparse it brought tears to my eyes.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
I'm digitizing pictures from thirty or forty years ago and came across some of me at my favorite Santa Cruz spots. The lineups were so sparse it brought tears to my eyes.

Great area!

I took @Cyber Liberty to Hearst Castle.  We stayed at The Madonna Inn.  He did have fun!

We had an EQ here that came in about a 4 on the Richter.  I knew what it was.  You do learn a lot in California because of the diverse landscape.

I do miss it sometimes, but I honestly could not live there again.  My sister and her family live there as does my brother and his family.  The rest of us have moved away.

Remember when President Reagan was Governor?  He just made one error for a reason.  I am sure you know what that was.

Offline RoosGirl

Same thing in Florida

Yep, been that way for a while now.  I bet most job sites you go on there's only a handful of people that admit they speak English.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Used to be the beaners just did drywall and painting.  Today you can't drive by a new home construction site without thinking you crossed the boarder into Nogales mexico.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline skeeter

Great area!

I took @Cyber Liberty to Hearst Castle.  We stayed at The Madonna Inn.  He did have fun!

We had an EQ here that came in about a 4 on the Richter.  I knew what it was.  You do learn a lot in California because of the diverse landscape.

I do miss it sometimes, but I honestly could not live there again.  My sister and her family live there as does my brother and his family.  The rest of us have moved away.

Remember when President Reagan was Governor?  He just made one error for a reason.  I am sure you know what that was.

I thought I could never leave CA because of the coast - love to surf. But that benefit is factoring in less and less in my deciding to stay.

Reagan signed the bipartisan Crazy Person Bill of Rights in '69(?)... which wasn't necessarily a bad move, it was in keeping with Reagan's philosophy on decentralization.

Just as with the amnesty of '86 (his other big mistake) the counties, mostly run by dem bureaucrats, never lived up to their end of the deal.

Was that what you were referring to?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 06:29:49 pm by skeeter »

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant

I thought I could never leave CA because of the coast - love to surf. But that benefit is factoring in less and less in my deciding to stay.

Reagan signed the bipartisan Crazy Person Bill of Rights in '69(?)... which wasn't necessarily a bad move, it was in keeping with Reagan's philosophy on decentralization.

Just as with the amnesty of '86 (his other big mistake) the counties, mostly run by dem bureaucrats, never lived up to their end of the deal.

Was that what you were referring to?

I was thinking of "the crazy person act."  I thought his only Presidential error was at the end when he just got tired of fighting, and he gave in on some immigration pressures.

So once as a Governor and once as a President!  Not too shabby in my mind.

@Sanguine @RoosGirl @Wingnut

And here I really thought this was happening only in California.  Silly me!

:silly:

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
@skeeter

I forgot to tell you this part:  It was easy leaving California when you are in love!  And I found I don't miss the beach as much as I thought I would.  The beach becomes part of your life, and that was my biggest fear when I moved to AZ.  I was about two miles from the ocean when I left.  I do miss that wonderful onshore breeze.  Nothing like it.  And there is an aroma there -- perhaps dead fish -- but an aroma nonetheless.  When we visit, I recognize it.

So do not be afraid of leaving.  There are plenty of places in these here United States you can call "home."

Do you think there is a chance that California will become a bit more "normal"?  I am not talking about Los Angeles or San Francisco, but the rest of the state. You may not want to leave if you can make a difference there.

Just thinking...

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@skeeter

I forgot to tell you this part:  It was easy leaving California when you are in love!  And I found I don't miss the beach as much as I thought I would.  The beach becomes part of your life, and that was my biggest fear when I moved to AZ.  I was about two miles from the ocean when I left.  I do miss that wonderful onshore breeze.  Nothing like it.  And there is an aroma there -- perhaps dead fish -- but an aroma nonetheless.  When we visit, I recognize it.

So do not be afraid of leaving.  There are plenty of places in these here United States you can call "home."

Do you think there is a chance that California will become a bit more "normal"?  I am not talking about Los Angeles or San Francisco, but the rest of the state. You may not want to leave if you can make a difference there.

Just thinking...

I do think that Cali may become more normal.  Reality tends to impose "normal" on situations.

Offline skeeter

@skeeter

Just thinking...

Its the negative ions crashing waves create... the stoke is real. :woohoo:

As far as California normalizing, it may, but not in my lifetime I'm afraid. We're too segmented; economically, socially, racially.

And the longer it takes the feds to get immigration under control, and return the electoral process to where it is supposed to be (meaning for citizens only) the longer it will take for things to normalize.

I wish I were more optimistic.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
I do think that Cali may become more normal.  Reality tends to impose "normal" on situations.

I sure hope so.  I have a wedding to attend in October.  Somehow, I got the "fear factor" for the place I called home for 49 years.  I am sure it is safe, but I have gotten used to carrying.  I carried there, but my concealed carry license went bye-bye.

8888crybaby

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
Its the negative ions crashing waves create... the stoke is real. :woohoo:

As far as California normalizing, it may, but not in my lifetime I'm afraid. We're too segmented; economically, socially, racially.

And the longer it takes the feds to get immigration under control, and return the electoral process to where it is supposed to be (meaning for citizens only) the longer it will take for things to normalize.

I wish I were more optimistic.

I had an 8'6" Hobie board.  Orange in color.  That was when you walked the nose and did idiotic tricks on your board.  No straps.  No wet suit.  LOL!

I have great nephews who do surf now in Newport Beach.  I am sure their boards are round!

*****rollingeyes*****
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 09:16:47 pm by Slip18 »