Author Topic: Strong Performance by Democrat Conor Lamb in Pennsylvania Shakes Trump and G.O.P.  (Read 389 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Strong Performance by Democrat Conor Lamb in Pennsylvania Shakes Trump and G.O.P.
NY Times, Mar 14, 2018,  PETER BAKER and MICHAEL D. SHEAR

President Trump woke up here in the land of earthquakes on Wednesday morning, but he was 2,500 miles away from the tremor that was really shaking his party.

While the president hobnobbed with wealthy donors in the exclusive enclave of Beverly Park on Tuesday night, the voters in the suburbs south of Pittsburgh were in revolt, giving the Democratic candidate a narrow lead in a special election in Pennsylvania that was taking on outsize proportions.

Just as they did outside Birmingham and Montgomery, Ala., in December, and Richmond, Va., and Washington, D.C., in November, energized and angry suburban voters were swamping the Trump stalwarts in the more rural parts of those regions, sending a clear message to Republicans around the country.

Read more:  https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/14/us/politics/pennsylvania-congressional-race-conor-lamb-trump.html

Offline Frank Cannon

Actually it was a weak performance. Lamb was supposed to win by 6. Also the state GOP openly washed their hands of Suckone a week ago. No one is surprised or shaken by this loss. This is first class NY Slimes bullshit.

Offline Suppressed

Actually it was a weak performance. Lamb was supposed to win by 6. Also the state GOP openly washed their hands of Suckone a week ago. No one is surprised or shaken by this loss. This is first class NY Slimes bullshit.

It was a GOP+11, not DEM+6.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Hoodat

A shaken GOP would acknowledge their mistakes and make changes to fix the problem so that it does not happen again.  But not this GOP.  They will charge forward blaming others for their shortcomings as they thumb through the org chart to put forth the next candidate in line.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Fantom

Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Suppressed

« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 11:29:18 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
For all the money and effort they had to expend in a special election to win by .2%, it's not that impressive. They aren't going to be able to do this nationwide in the general.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fantom

Yeah?  Nobody ran against Murphy usually.

True, at least the last several cycles. You have to go back to 2012.. a presidential election.  The R had over 230,000 votes to the dims 130,000.

This is not about names, the data shows the voting strength in that district over time. The D this time got 113,000... am I supposed to be impressed 'Bout the big blue wave all hot to vote?

Data does not show that, is all I am sayin'.

I s'pect in this vote, no one wanted to wast their time on a GOPE who's district is gone ...Thanks to the Democrat PA Supreme Court.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Online libertybele

Considering that historically DEMS don't have a great turn out during special elections and primaries, I think the past couple of recent elections in AL, VA, DC and now PA should be sending a clear message to the GOP.  The DEMS are more energized than ever before and unless the GOP gets their act together, they are going to lose their majority in BOTH houses, BIGLY!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.